Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 6:37 am

I took this test a few months ago, and scored a 7 ! However, other tests have proved me deficient in some areas of empathy, but more than sufficient in others. I recommend the IRI test instead.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 6:46 am

I have too much empathy which I usually have to shut off in order to function well.
I do not however, understand social rules instinctively, otherwise it probably would have been higher. ( and I wouldn't be aspie :lol: )

Last edited by Kjas on 06 Jul 2012, 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

SirMixlom
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2012, 6:47 am

13. I think that sounds about right for me.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 7:04 am

My score: 23

0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2012, 8:07 am

I got a score of 5, I was expecting to get higher than that

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 8:26 am

I got a 10. I'm not surprised.

I answered honestly though, how I actually feel and act. With practice I SEEM to others to have more empathy. I've worked out the rules a bit and can apply them to my life. Like at work if someone is having an issue and wants to vent or talk I say "Ok, whats the matter?" And hten they go blah blah while I nod and look concerned (I furrow my brow, and maybe put my hand on my chin or tilt my head to the side). Then I figure out what it is that is making them mad. Then I weigh each side of it and decide if I agree or not with them. If I do I say "Oh yes I see, that would upset me too" if not I say "I think you are over reacting". If not enough info I say "I'd have to hear both sides." But ULTIMATELY I don't care. Its really hard to even listen to them, because I really don't care. It's something I have studied and developed in order to fit in better. As is pretty much every social interaction I have outside of my house.

It wasn't until recently that I realized how abnormal this is.
Here is how I actually feel and USED to act. Now I feign concern which has served me well. Even just saying something in a monotonous voice is better than saying "Ok... so... moving on..." or talking about myself.

Death in the family? Don't care.
Dog got poisoned? Not my dog, don't care.
Someone groped you? Who? I'll stay away from them, thanks for the tip. But... don't care.
Can't find a boyfriend? Yeah you are a little annoying... hey... why are you crying?

For a long time I didn't get why I didn't have friends. Now that I've got more... observations and experience under my belt I get it and understand that I fair a much better chance by just not talking!

Yeah.

I care about little kids and that's about it. Anything bad happening to a little kid and I'll turn into a sad sack of tears but only because I instantly imagine my own kids in the same situation. Before I had kids... didn't care.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 8:36 am

Your score: 24
0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)

Budfarmer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2012, 8:49 am

Your score: 14

About what I expected. I'm weird... if I talk about anything important to me, I tear up and cry... but I don't have any real empathy for the masses. I absolutely abhor the sound of kissing on stupid television shows. And "dramatic" scenes in movies/TV just really put me off... I think "wow, how lame!"

Your Aspie score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 10:01 am

Budfarmer wrote:

About what I expected. I'm weird... if I talk about anything important to me, I tear up and cry... but I don't have any real empathy for the masses. I absolutely abhor the sound of kissing on stupid television shows. And "dramatic" scenes in movies/TV just really put me off... I think "wow, how lame!"

Agreed. Nothing worse than a chick flick!

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2012, 10:04 am

Wow, 17...

Aspie-Boy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2012, 11:56 am

I scored 24.

This is probably why no one wants to hire me for customer service jobs.

I swear I do much better on IQ tests!

Budfarmer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2012, 12:49 pm

CWA wrote:
Budfarmer wrote:

Agreed. Although I am technically a "chick"... But I'd much rather watch The Transporter than The Notebook.

Your Aspie score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

I got 19, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

Kaelynn wrote:
I got 19, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Means that people with Autism or Aspergers that have numbers lower than 32 have very little empathy.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

I got a 22. I can't believe how low some of these scores are! I can't believe that I got higher than most.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 2:54 pm

Budfarmer wrote:
CWA wrote:
Budfarmer wrote:

Agreed. Although I am technically a "chick"... But I'd much rather watch The Transporter than The Notebook.

I am also techinically a "chick" and ditto that. Nothing more boring than a mushy movie. Yawn and barf. My husband is a hppy man when it comes time to pick out a movie, we almost never argue.