Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 10:34 pm

I self medicated on energy drinks when I was going through rough patches between 2007 and 2011. If I felt a wave of depression, I'd make myself giddy by drinking a pea green Monster.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Feb 2015, 5:18 pm

I drink and smoke marijuana, I'd probably use other stuff if I had access to it. Alcohol has some positives but also significant negatives but marijuana to me I feel has been very effective in helping me cope and better myself. I don't see any difference in taking some drug that's officiallly perscribed to you and something you take yourself, the drugs they give can be just as harmful if not more.

aspiebrent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2022, 7:42 am

Im looking for answers online for someone been smoking cigerettes since before my diagnoses with autism spectrum disorder/aspergers If i remember correct I probly started smoking because it calmed me down and i enjoyed it but I think eventually I noticed it kept me chill and i had less problems with my rages and with others now Im tired of feeling like I need to quit not just for me but for my higher power I had a strong conviction against smoking as a child now I feel like I cannot cope without my cigerettes and its a hard place to be not only that I live alone and dont even have a part time job right now

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 10:05 am

CBD seems to tame my sensory issues quite well, but only if I use it in large amounts, which makes it way too expensive if I were to buy it. If the law wasn't so tight I'd just grow hemp in my garden and use that, it would be much more affordable, but they'd nail me up for that, so I just have to suffer.

Other than that, I don't know of anything that touches my symptoms, except maybe pain killers, and it would be asking for trouble to do that regularly.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 8:17 am

There are some medium stress jobs which respond to being medicated by a milky coffee and chocolate shortbread on the journey.

Having just come out the end of s period of background stress over arranging and funding residential care for close relative in the last years of their life and now completing their affairs after death I did regular self medication by "Sensory time" in some home made kit which provided whole body pressure combined with inclusion of being held in a very safe place.

I am going to place gratitude on the record as the side effects and risks of this approach were probably much more in my favour than those had been using alcohol or other substances which temporarily help the stress feelings go away.