It is not that funny but cant stop laughing

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BafflinBook
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2012, 3:20 am

When you think about something a playing a prank or some funny thoughts intrude you mind,do you laught without being able to stifle it??Especially when you are stressed because you need to hide it in order to make people around not thinking that you are crazy??

The thing is....you dont find it funny anymore when you are in solitude with no one around to judge you.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 5:25 am

Yeah, I have both a twisted and a conventional sense of humor. Lol

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 7:14 pm

I don't even have to think of anything really funny. Sometimes I just get in a giggly mood and I feel like laughing for no particular reason. I end up walking around with a big smirk on my face because I'm trying not to laugh like a fool.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 7:18 pm

Not so much nowadays. When I was kid I used to have laughing fits (until it hurt or I couldn't breath) over things that weren't really all that funny. I always wondered if I was having seizures in my laugh-lobe, but I've never had any actual seizures so probably not.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

I used to when I was younger. My son has snorting laughing fits over whatever is in his head.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:28 am

When I was a kid I did. Once was fairly disastrous, because I was reading something that I wasn't supposed to be reading while the English teacher was talking (he couldn't see me well enough to know it), until I got a gigglefit over something in the book. I got a D that grading period. Later, when he knew me better, he gave me As. Another time was in our own living room, and a girlfriend and I were practicing our clarinet duet that we were supposed to play somewhere. Again, I don't remember what started it, what was funny, but I thought I was going to die of lack of oxygen before the diaphragmatic spasms finally stopped. All the people who were there were just my friend and my parents, and they weren't particularly alarmed or judgmental.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

When a kid, the laughing gas attacks were quite unbecoming. My cousin, when we were together, could create a disastrous effect. If I could remember all them there would be a wall o text here.

Bottom line, when together we were omitted from many a' place, and funnily we were unaware of this.

I try to block this now ( the memories) as this is really screwed up, but I think it is executive function related.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 1:52 am

Lol sometimes I will get something funny in my head, and I will my almost completely unable to stop smiling/laughing. In these situations I try to force myself to think of something totally mundane but it doesn't always help.

JesseCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2012, 2:12 am

This happens to me a lot. Even more so when I was a child.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2012, 4:30 am

Re: not finding it funny anymore in solitude, I find that in public I feel that I have to control my facial expressions/general activity more, lest someone find it somehow bad and annoy me by telling me so. So, when I think of something funny in public, I try to hold it in, but that means that when I do release the emotion, it is more forceful.. that said, I've never had a full-out 'laugh attack' that I can ever remember.. I suspect I laugh less than most people, but the things that do amuse me are things that seem to amuse virtually no one else. And I do find myself grinning in public about things which I guess would look weird, but I think I do this in private too but don't particularly notice or care because I don't have to worry about 'not being weird'.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:03 am

I have been known to just start a 'giggle fit' for no apparent reason. The problem is that I am laughing so hard I can't tell anyone what I am laughing at! For some bizarre reason I find the Nyan cat hilarious!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4[/youtube]

And this video from Oliver and company:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7kJ-j_dKA[/youtube]

1:50-1:54 gets me in a fit of giggles any time!

catatonix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2012, 6:22 am

Happens to me a lot, though I still laugh when I'm on my own, normally watching youtube or webcomics

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:00 am

The cat... Jeez, it's freaking me out...

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:07 am

jamieevren1210 wrote:

:lol:

Yeah it does that to some people!

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

Jellybean wrote:
jamieevren1210 wrote:

:lol:

Yeah it does that to some people!

It's... Sublime.
Nyan, nyan, nyan, nyan, nyan...
Now it's stuck inside my head, the rainbow kitty running and the tune, oh the tune...

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2012, 1:46 am

Awesome, I've seen that cat prancing about on another site and I wondered what it was.. I find it enjoyable, though.. I've never seen anything quite like it, and it even has a song. I think it's saying 'meow' over and over but perhaps I am wrong.

Rainbow-streaming poptart cat running in space? That's my analysis