B- 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
AB+ 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
AB- 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
I don't know 16%  16%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 130

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

04 Mar 2013, 12:53 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
A+, I've always read that type As whether they have ASD or not have a lot more anxiety than other blood types. But, it seem like anxiety is more severe among those with ASD.

This is very interesting.

Gnomey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2013, 12:56 pm

Correlation to general population.

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-abou ... lood-types

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 1:01 pm

Roughly the same as the general population, rhesus is slightly lower A slightly higher, but sample size is tiny.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 2:11 pm

I'm suprised so many people know their blood type!

I don't know what mine is (I wish I knew!) and was told I'd have to pay for that information to be revealed in reports of blood counts.

Something about it not being a medical necessity to know one's blood type or whatever.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 2:14 pm

I only found out my blood type when I got pregnant. I wonder if they tell you your type if you donate blood?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2013, 2:51 pm

Sora wrote:

In Japan, its common that people know it. Its common amongst young men to know their idols blood type so they can fantasize about her cutting her finger and them rushing there to donate a pint so she will think what a nice guy he is and they live happily ever after.

Horrible delusions in that country.

If i were to find a gf sometime this century, i'd find out my blood type so if she really needed it, could get donations from me - and vice versa.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 12:17 am

I'm type O, but I don't know if I'm type O+ or O-.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2014, 6:30 am

I am Type A positive with Asperger's.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:10 am

Sora wrote:

I don't know what mine is (I wish I knew!) and was told I'd have to pay for that information to be revealed in reports of blood counts.

Something about it not being a medical necessity to know one's blood type or whatever.
That's crazy. Our insurance did not make us pay. Check with your insurance. It is absolutely a medical necessity to know it. It's your blood you have every right to know what type it is.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:13 am

Ichinin wrote:
Sora wrote:

In Japan, its common that people know it. Its common amongst young men to know their idols blood type so they can fantasize about her cutting her finger and them rushing there to donate a pint so she will think what a nice guy he is and they live happily ever after.

Horrible delusions in that country.

If i were to find a gf sometime this century, i'd find out my blood type so if she really needed it, could get donations from me - and vice versa.
I have even considered starting our own blood bank accounts so that our own blood would be available to us whenever we needed it but I think that is expensive.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:14 am

mikassyna wrote:
I only found out my blood type when I got pregnant. I wonder if they tell you your type if you donate blood?
Usually yes, they give you a wallet card with it that you can keep.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:19 am

ediself wrote:
Phonic wrote:
You're right, it is crazy - how many people know their blood type?

How could you not know your blood type? you get it tested at birth, they give your mother a card with your blood type on it, it's even written on your "health book" thing (no idea how you say that in english, where your vaccinations are noted)
I have never heard of that being done in the US. It is shocking how few Americans know their blood type.

Wreck It Ralph

McCool
Raven
Raven

08 May 2014, 7:30 am

I'm A- as is my husband and our 2 kids.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:34 am

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I'm O+ and surprised that anyone would not know their blood type. I've known since I was a toddler and even if I forgot, both my parents are O+ as well. I highly doubt there is any correlation.

The only reason you know it is because the O reminds you a hockey puck :P

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 11:28 am

Rascal77s wrote:
GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I'm O+ and surprised that anyone would not know their blood type. I've known since I was a toddler and even if I forgot, both my parents are O+ as well. I highly doubt there is any correlation.

The only reason you know it is because the O reminds you a hockey puck :P
LOL!! Good one!

Wreck It Ralph

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 11:36 am

Tuttle wrote:
ediself wrote:
Phonic wrote:
You're right, it is crazy - how many people know their blood type?

How could you not know your blood type? you get it tested at birth, they give your mother a card with your blood type on it, it's even written on your "health book" thing (no idea how you say that in english, where your vaccinations are noted)

I didn't learn my blood type until I had surgery.

They don't do that where I was born. Or maybe it's a new thing, I'm not exactly a new human. I only know I am o- because both of my parents are.