Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 9:47 pm

Image let me know if you cant see picture

if you cant see the picture then click this link http://fav.me/d4nf63t it will take you to a picture of my new shoes if the link dosnt work then let me know.

well thats a picture of my new shoes/trainers , i got them today, i only wear shoes if they feel comftable enough and i never able to put up with them for to long.

for me finding the right shoe in with all the other ones in a sports shop (where i got mine from) nearly triggers a meltdown everytime, which is why i try to be quick. and i realy dont understand the whole "concept" of "trying on" shoes i just dont understand it. its imposible to explain. i most of the time have to be forced to try a pair on my feet. which nearly meltdown starts. because i dont relay understand.
i was ment to be getting shoes for my younger brother to for school but he couldnt find any he wanted and then he got £10 spending money off me (£5 for phone top up) and now i cant afford to get him them.. but my mum says she will sort it out (i was helping my mum by using my money, well trying to.)

just wondering if you able to handle new shoes? or do they set of meltdown?

(just so you know, im not AS and i am a girl. )

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

I wear these shoes (that's a link if you didn't realize).

So I don't exactly have the normal shoe experience either.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

I like to wear skater sneakers because of the flat bottom and grippy sole for my balance issues-I dont have meltdowns when buying them I buy them online and my big problem is what people will think more about me wearing them not being a skateboarder or teenager/20 something-I like them they help me walk and I am going to wear them.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
I like to wear skater sneakers because of the flat bottom and grippy sole for my balance issues-I dont have meltdowns when buying them I buy them online and my big problem is what people will think more about me wearing them not being a skateboarder or teenager/20 something-I like them they help me walk and I am going to wear them.

oh ok

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 10:42 pm

nintendofan wrote:
Radiofixr wrote:

oh ok

I saw the picture and they look like pretty cool shoes!! !! !! !!

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

I have a hard time with tennis shoes or any shoe that makes my feet sweaty...

or new shoes that have that weird feeling that does not conform to my foot.

But i have to wear the at least once every monday for 3 hours to do biology lab...

AQ: 36

questor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 11:34 pm

For me, they have to have wide boxy toes, no high heels--wedge type or flat heels only. They have to be high on top, and adjustable, such as laces, as I have long, wide feet, that are high on top in front of the ankle. Also, no inside back seam behind the heel. Those back seams always chafe me raw, so I avoid them. The foot gear also has to be cushiony inside, as I have bad feet, and they should have rubbery, or gummy, athletic shoe type soles as I have an unsteady gait. Between the cushioning and the athletic type soles, that helps me maintain my balance better, with my unsteady gait. I have always had feet that turn out a little, and now have bad knees, so I need what help I can get in that department.

Before buying foot gear, I take the time to examine the ones on display carefully to eliminate from consideration, those that definitely won't do. That way there are fewer for me to have to try on. By doing that, and by knowing what I want, I reduce the stress of shopping for foot gear.

Many years ago I must have driven a sales girl at an eye glass store crazy, while I tried on many, many different pairs of glasses, to find a pair that fit. I am hard to fit with glasses. I am also particular about color. However, I did make up for it by finding--and buying not one, but TWO pair of glasses. I had them turn one pair into prescription sunglasses, so that added to their profit. The girl was very nice, even though I am sure she was somewhat frazzled by the time I was done. :-D I did try to let her know how pleased I was at finding two pair of glasses that fit, though, and how much I appreciated her help.

Just take your time to check out the display foot gear, and then buy what you like. Don't be a slave to fashion. And remember, we on the spectrum are all:

A Different Drummer

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
Perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears,
However measured, or far away.

--Henry David Thoreau

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 11:41 pm

I think everyone dislikes new shoes until they're broken in (Well, maybe not some women with "shoe fetishes").

I wear mostly canvas sneakers and boat shoes, and I don't like _them_ until they're broken in, and then I wear holes in them and if my daughter sees them she says she's ashamed of me. I usually have one pair of dress shoes to wear out, and those are leather or imitation leather slip-ons with low heels, or at most very short heels. One advantage of getting old is that you don't get too much pressure to wear very high-heeled expensive dress shoes! I just have the pressure from my daughter to buy and wear shoes without holes.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 1:08 am

Shoes in general bug me. I only wear them when playing drums.

Otherwise it HAS to be work boots or hiking boots.

You will reap what you've sown.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 2:53 am

I have trouble finding any shoes that don't irritate me in some way, plus I'm cheap so that makes it even harder to find shoes.

I had a pair of sandals that I liked that didn't irritate me but the elastic in the back wore out on one.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2012, 3:21 am

I like your new shoes! :o
I am bad at buying new shoes. I get so attached to one pair that when they start falling apart I can never seem to find another pair that feels similar enough. I have to throw the old pair in the bin so that I'm not tempted to start wearing them again.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 5:38 am

Those shoes look great. I used to wear similar all the time, when I was a bit younger.

I hate trying shoes on. Very seldom do I find anything that's comfortable. Sometimes a pair feels good, so I buy them, wear them for a few hours and have blisters. The breaking in period for me seems much longer than for most other people. One of my most vivid recollections of my childhood is of being in pain, with skint heels and plasters on.

But, I've found shoes that I'm happy with. I bought a second pair (on-line and in a different colour) and I will be buying more.

My daughter will hardly try shoes on at all. She's a nightmarein a shoe shop. At least I have shoes I can wear, but she only has a pair of boots, a pair of trainers and a pair of nice shoes (only has them because they were essential for a wedding outfit). I totally understand her issue, but my parents and husband think I'm letting her away with too much. :roll:
The way I see it, if your feet don't feel right, how can you be OK?

deathsign
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2012, 5:43 am

Sibyl wrote:
I think everyone dislikes new shoes until they're broken in (Well, maybe not some women with "shoe fetishes").

I wear mostly canvas sneakers and boat shoes, and I don't like _them_ until they're broken in, and then I wear holes in them and if my daughter sees them she says she's ashamed of me. I usually have one pair of dress shoes to wear out, and those are leather or imitation leather slip-ons with low heels, or at most very short heels. One advantage of getting old is that you don't get too much pressure to wear very high-heeled expensive dress shoes! I just have the pressure from my daughter to buy and wear shoes without holes.

This. This is sooo true.
Back on topic, I don't have any problems dealing with new shoes or and I "try on" shoes all day when finding one. But I prefer using old shoes due to the above reason.

WORST PROBLEM: HAVING AS

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

Shoe shopping often pushes me to the point of meltdown, usually because other people seem to want to stand near/behind me while I'm looking and I can't focus on what I'm looking at. I also hate trying on shoes, although I do it because I've had some surprises due to inconsistent sizing.

The second to last time I got new shoes, I actually walked out of the store because I couldn't cope. But I did have to go back in to get my shoes.

doctissima
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jan 2012, 8:21 am

I hate buying new shoes. I find most shoes very uncomfortable until I've broken them in, and I tend to have meltdowns faster in shoe stores than anywhere else.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 8:39 am

I'm OK with shoe shops and the whole trying on of shoes ritual, it's only the dealing with staff that might cause difficulty. I bought new shoes a week ago, which seemed OK trying them on. Then wearing them and walking in them for a while turns out to be difficult. I walked to work (just over half an hour) and was in agony. I won't go into details about that in case anyone's sitting having breakfast or lunch like I am now. Now the shoes are only just starting to get comfortable and mould to my feet.