Any one have had paranormal experiences?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 7:20 pm

Any one have had paranormal experiences?

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2006, 11:04 pm

Ok. When I was 4 I had my appendix removed. I was fairly close to dying. I had some out of body experiences after waking up in the weeks following the surgery, which basically felt like I was levitating over my bed. I also had a very brief dream that depicted aliens. I didn't know what aliens were at the time, but I always remembered the dream. I saw a picture of an alien in a book about UFOs about a year later. The aliens I saw were very slender and did not move. There was a bright light behind them, their faces appearing dark in contrast. I could still see their large black eyes and emotionless stare. And I was lying on what appeared to be a flat, hard surface - like a table. Anyway, I don't think this all was "real" but rather my body was under stress at the time, and my mind acted out accordingly :-P.

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Oct 2006, 3:54 am

If you believe it was real, it was real. When I was 6 my grandfather died. In the middle of the night I sat up, unconciously, and he appeared to be floating at the end of the bed. He was surrounded by a white aura with a light shade of blue. He was attempting to speak to me though I could not hear him. I could see him gesturing though I could not hear his voice. About 30 seconds in to this experience I laid back down and was asleep again. Similar to you account I had not had any prior memories of ghostly apparitions other than casper. It was not until yrs later that I could relate what I had seen to depictions in media. I want to emphasise that this whole event seemed beyond my control, though I was perhaps unconciously willing for its transpiration. I could not speak or move. I felt no emotion, I was simply an observor.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:14 am

When I was younger, I had premonitory signs. I also have heard what I thought was a poltergeist in my parents' home, but I'm not sure of any of it any more.

'Tis munny in my purse.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 6:34 am

Sometimes when things happen I feel like I knew they were going to occur, a bit like deja vu. Also I sometimes have premonitions kind of, just thoughts that come true, I dunno its probably just an overactive imagination and coincidence, I'm quite sceptical about the paranormal but it is a very interesting area.

ozkaz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2006, 8:30 pm

i was 17 years old and playing with a sprirt board. the person, ghost ,what ever told me that i would have a acciedent on the road and injure my self. i would be in my 30s when it happened. i asked if it was a traffic acciedent but i was told it wouldnt be because i was driving . i forgot about it cos i am not superstutous.

just after my 30th birthday i fell off a push bike and broke my left arm and left ankle/ i didnt walk for six months!! !! !! !! !! !!. was it a coinedence? did i make this acciedent happen? i dont know but i feel spooky about the whole thing. i am glad i didnt ask the spirit board too much. :( 8O 8O 8O

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 8:54 pm

So far, never.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 9:15 pm

None. Ever.
Been told I have the extrasensory potential of a brick, but she was some new-age hippy twit trying to sell me crystals and incense, so she doesn't count, imo.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 9:15 pm

I had some.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 9:17 pm

Double post.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 2:58 am

I often feel as if I have quite a bit of ESP, more than most people. For instance, I can often sense things before they're going to happen. It's sort of like on That's So Raven, but noy quite that intense. And unlike her, I'm always right. I don't know when I'm going to predict anything, it just happens. Last Halloween, I could majorly sense this. Every single thing I predicted would happen did happen. I sort of freaked out my friend with it. lol I've been able to do this pretty much as long as I can remember. It's pretty cool since everyone is often asking me, "how did you know that would happen??" lol

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 1:27 pm

Never had a single paranormal experience whatsoever.

People say that angels, demons and ghosts exist and that you can ONLY see them if you believe in them. And I don't believe in any of them and I have never seen any of them at all. I personally think it's a bunch of hogwash. If you work hard enough on it, you can convince yourself anything you want to. It's how war prisoners or cult members are brainwashed.

Not to detract what from people who have had these experiences. I believe you if you say you did have an experience. I'm not calling them liars. I'm just saying that I haven't had even the least bit of a paranormal experience.

blackdove
Toucan
Toucan

23 Oct 2006, 2:06 pm

i think that i have had plenty of paranormal experiences, and still do to this day. most of these i tend to shut out. I block them intentionally because they prevent me from being functional in my day to day life. most of my dreams are lucid and vivid. sometimes they have come true. there is always an element of 'truth' to them and i seek out answers in them aswell. I have predicted events, and i have prevented things from happening. now, the psychic connection is something that i believe everyone is capable of, it is just a matter of thinking divergently. the more you look into something, the more answers that you will find. nts seem to be inclined with such abilities from what i've noticed.

i suppose that anything is possible.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 6:08 pm

i have a spidersense that allows me to sense danger approaching. I used to get these psychic dreams distinct from others wich would give me a flash of the future. Once when i was a kid i saw this green light hovering in my basement

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

23 Oct 2006, 6:14 pm

markaudette wrote:
Never had a single paranormal experience whatsoever.

People say that angels, demons and ghosts exist and that you can ONLY see them if you believe in them. And I don't believe in any of them and I have never seen any of them at all. I personally think it's a bunch of hogwash. If you work hard enough on it, you can convince yourself anything you want to. It's how war prisoners or cult members are brainwashed.

Not to detract what from people who have had these experiences. I believe you if you say you did have an experience. I'm not calling them liars. I'm just saying that I haven't had even the least bit of a paranormal experience.

Same here. To be honest, guys, memories are notoriously unreliable--if you're convinced you saw something, you're likely to remember having seen it--even if it wasn't really there.

Crosser
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2006, 12:02 am

One time I saw a real ghost in my parents room! It wasn't one of those see through ghosts it was one of those all bright and shiny ghosts that dissapear and reapear when you look away then just disapear all together! It was an awsome experience. . . but I was freaked out. :lol: