Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 7:14 pm

I took the RAADS-R and got a score of 200.
Then I took a test about body-language, where I don't remember the threshold, but my points were 43 and it was said, that it was quite normal for a man but a women "had to do a better job".
I remember taking the SQ and EQ a year ago and I had a score, which was all right for a man, but it said, that for a woman it could point to ASD.
Now I wonder if tests like the RAADS-R and the Aspie-Quize (my score was 175/200) also make a distinction between you are male or female, as reading body-language, the SQ and the EQ are components in diagnosis too.
I wonder, if they assess you, if they make this distinction, that if the threshold for a test is eg. 65, if it is only applied for men, whereas women could be (?) diagnosed autistic with a lower threshold.
I am aware of that a diagnosis of autism includes more than reading body-language, EQ and SQ, but they are components of it and if they make this distinction in this sections, do they consider or should they consider it eg. applying the RAADS-R or any other official assessment-tool as well?

This came into my mind, because I keep on reading, that females often stay undiagnosed.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

EQ and SQ are part of diagnosing autism? Since when?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

Ganondox wrote:

The EQ test was part of my formal evaluation.

There was far more than just things like that, but it was in fact part of my diagnosis.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

Tuttle wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

There was far more than just things like that, but it was in fact part of my diagnosis.

Describe what the test was like.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Tuttle wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

What do you mean?

I was given the EQ test, on a piece of paper, and told to do it. He observed how I approached it, noted where I asked questioned, answered questions I had, noted my answers to each question, and such.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

31 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Tuttle wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

You can check the test out here: http://eqsq.com/

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

Ganondox wrote:

Sorry, maybe I didn't put it right into words.
I personally didn't had to do an EQ or an SQ test like you find it online, but even the AQ test or the RAADS-R contains broader questions containing systemizing or emphatical aspects, as well as other tests I was assessed in (eg. making up "stories" from a picture, where you can be or analytically or emotionally involved, as well as stories where you have to judge the actions of persons or on the other hand finding certain symbols in a long row of alike symbols, which refers more to the systematical way of thinking/ seeing patterns).
Therefore I really wonder if they make a distinction in men and women in that, as women are said to be more emotionally/emphatically and less systematically thinking (at least the online-tests AQ and SQ do distinct).

Does anyone know?

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 1:26 am

Eloa wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

Sorry, maybe I didn't put it right into words.
I personally didn't had to do an EQ or an SQ test like you find it online, but even the AQ test or the RAADS-R contains broader questions containing systemizing or emphatical aspects, as well as other tests I was assessed in (eg. making up "stories" from a picture, where you can be or analytically or emotionally involved, as well as stories where you have to judge the actions of persons or on the other hand finding certain symbols in a long row of alike symbols, which refers more to the systematical way of thinking/ seeing patterns).
Therefore I really wonder if they make a distinction in men and women in that, as women are said to be more emotionally/emphatically and less systematically thinking (at least the online-tests AQ and SQ do distinct).

Does anyone know?

I know that personally I was compared to average person diagnosed with Asperger's, nothing female specific.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2012, 7:50 pm

Thank you for answering, Tuttle.
I also got the "standard" tests and got diagnosed and don't know myself if they made a distinction between male or female. But as recently everyone is talking about the DSM V, which will or will not exclude people getting diagnosed, who might get diagnosed following the former standards, I wonder, if "Asperger's", which will no longer exsist, will become (again) a "male" disorder, as the threshold in tests might be different for male and female, with what I want to say, that if a threshold is like 65 for a male, a female might be autistic with a threshold of let's say 40 in certain categories (I just picked a random number), which are nevertheless vital for a diagnosis.
But maybe my way of thinking about this is not right either.