Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 11:17 pm

I'm developing a new Obsession. The new Obsession is with chores. you can find me, any place where chores need to get done. I'll be cleaning my apartment, seven days a week, after I move in. I'll be going to my Clubhouse, three days a week, just so I can help out with the chores. I'll be doing some type of chore, every time I go to my parents' house to walk Chico and Bonnie. I'm considering finding a volunteer job that involves a lot of chores. I'm also thinking about starting my own buisness, doing chores either as a volunteer, or for a small weekly wage. I wonder if chores will over ride the Routemaster? It would be interesting, to see if they do. Is it healthy to be obsessed with chores, or should I live by that Kinks song - "Don't Ever Change" and stay true to the Red Beauties? I can't stop thinking about chores!

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 11:32 pm

Whatever floats your boat. Or drives your bus, in this case.

Crosser
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2006, 11:37 pm

It's fun to have more then one obsession. I'm obsessed with transformation and AS facts. Not to mention a number of other things but they're almost just common intrests compared to the first two.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

24 Oct 2006, 11:41 pm

Crap noW my keyboard capS lock iS Stuck i am holding doWN the Shift key to avoid
typing all capS Some letter like S and W Will not loWWer.

AnyWay i aSSumed your neW obeSSion WaS chopping 2 feet out of each level
of a Routemaster(paSted it) to pimp your ride into a loW ridder.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 11:48 pm

I imagine the two will co-exist, at least for a while, since they use different areas of the brain.

Your bus obsession seems to be a lot of data and patterns; chores have to do with details, planning, and physical effort.

Once you have perfected your procedures when it comes to chores, you may no longer be obsessed and simply add them to your routine. Or you may branch out into other areas of cleaning, such as house-cleaning or custodial work. I currently do custodial work; and it is rather well-suited to my detail-oriented Aspie brain.

Two summers ago, I became quite obsessed with my job as a painter (walls, not artistic painting). I was known as the best at doing detail work and cleaning, though most others were faster. However, I could not have stood that job, or any purely physical job, if I had not also been allowed to listen to books on tape--which fed my obsession with information of any sort, and with sci-fi/fantasy stories!

(I still use this strategy to tolerate my job as a custodian. I strongly suspect that this need to always have some sort of mental stimulation is a sign of some degree of ADHD, especially when combined with my deficits in executive function.)

So I had mental and physical obsessions; and they coexisted, equally strong. Perhaps yours will be this way as well.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

25 Oct 2006, 12:29 am

Maybe you could combine the two and get obsessed with cleaning your Routemaster stuff?

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 10:23 am

cockneyrebel, you can clean my house! :mrgreen:

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 10:34 am

I used to obsess over cleaning my apartment. But I got over that!

:D

Now if you don't mind, I need to clean my apartment...

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 1:19 pm

Unless you're getting paid for pursuing an obsession, or there's some other kind of reason to keep doing it, it seems to me that one obsession is as good as another. It also seems in my experience, that obsessions have something like a life of their own, like I'm just the host. I don't think an obsession is something you can force either to stay or go. I'm just an obsession surfer.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2006, 7:12 pm

I invite you to come live with me! Lot's of chores to be done... and I hardly do them myself, because I'm always too preoccupied.

Very unique obsession. Very helpful obsession. :D