Did GG Allin have Asperger's Syndrome? (video included)

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LvZd_9aMU[/youtube]

Do you think he was an aspie? :?:

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:42 pm

No, just really, really messed up.

Then again, when your dad writes "Jesus Christ" on your birth certificate, that's asking for trouble.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:46 pm

OMG this guy's awful! I don't think he's an aspie. I am reminded of how my tastes are much milder, and that's a good thing.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:51 pm

Who's GG Allin?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 4:12 pm

Haha! That movie, Hated, has been a small obsession of mine for many years. I recommend it to anyone who's curious about GG Allin, whether you like him or not. Some of the people in his band are funnier than he is, imo. And that movie doesn't show any of the really offensive stuff he did (stuff you could get banned from this site for mentioning!), but obviously those with weak stomachs should keep their distance!

I'm more amused by GG Allin and the Murder Junkies than anything else. I have the records where he plays with Dee Dee Ramone, and Wayne Kramer and Dennis Thompson ("The Motor City Bad Boys") just because . . . well, who could resist?

Oh, as for the actual question: No, I have no reason to believe GG Allin was an aspie. He was obviously a social misfit. He simultaneously hated everyone and hungered for attention. I think it's pretty obvious that he would have met the criteria for Antisocial Personality Disorder. Probably other stuff too, but who knows what. He was different when he was younger. During the time that he was famous, he was into heroin and alcohol, so I think that obscures any diagnostic possibilities except for the obvious ASPD.

Final Answer: Who am I to say? He's been dead for 14 years and I never met him.

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 4:57 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
Oh, as for the actual question: No, I have no reason to believe GG Allin was an aspie. He was obviously a social misfit. He simultaneously hated everyone and hungered for attention. I think it's pretty obvious that he would have met the criteria for Antisocial Personality Disorder. Probably other stuff too, but who knows what. He was different when he was younger. During the time that he was famous, he was into heroin and alcohol, so I think that obscures any diagnostic possibilities except for the obvious ASPD.

Final Answer: Who am I to say? He's been dead for 14 years and I never met him.

Upon watching that video I also thought he had Antisocial PD, but according to Wikipedia a psychological evaluation revealed that he had traits consistent with Narcissistic PD and Borderline PD. Keep in mind that the guy has been dead for over 15 years, and back then AS was mostly unheard of.

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 5:23 pm

Let me ask a question:

Are there other highly visible people like him alive today in society? If so, let's see what kindof list we can come up with? What entertainers, or politicians or men in the public eye are going around saying it's a good thing to rape women, especially young women. List out as many people like that as you can think of that are alive today.

I'd honestly like to know who they are so I don't accidentally attend their shows... Are there any that condone the rape of men? You guys might want to know about that beforehand too if you're planning on going to any "rock" concerts like that guy's these days...

I bet someone knows... or can research it... Let's get some more names of guys like that and list them out here on this thread.

Last edited by Felinity on 20 Apr 2008, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:19 pm

Mw99 wrote:
Upon watching that video I also thought he had Antisocial PD, but according to Wikipedia a psychological evaluation revealed that he had traits consistent with Narcissistic PD and Borderline PD. Keep in mind that the guy has been dead for over 15 years, and back then AS was mostly unheard of.

Interesting. Both of those personality disorders could make sense, but who knows . . . Also, I'm really sorry, but I have to correct something. He's been dead for 14 years. He died in June of 1993. So almost 15 years, not over 15 years. But yes, he died while AS was practically unheard of, and that's what matters.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:39 pm

Freinds of mine have been in bands with GG, and I met him before he came up with his suicide on stage thing in 1988. GG's early music was pretty good, once you overlook the fact that lyrically speaking the FCC would never allow his early music to be played on prime time radio. In the late 70's, early 80's, he was a fairly confrontational performer but not much more so than any of the other punk bands at the time.

I know that he had a wife and a kid, and they got divorced in 1983, and that could have een the impetus for him to get more progressively involved with drugs until he became more or less what you saw in that video clip.

Did he have Asperger's? No. Most likely BPD, NPD, (As the wikipedia article mentioned) and perhaps bipolar depression as well. The people that were in bands with him said that he could be very down to earth and engaging at one moment, and then be trying to beat you senseless a moment later. --This is pretty much a classic symptom of BPD, as I understand it. Also the NPD with a dose of some pretty severe histrionics would characterise his stage show. The only video of GG playing a full set of music without doing anything really weird was the reception of his brother Merle's wedding that a freind of mine videotaped.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:53 pm

Give me a break! He was an IDIOT!! !! Jerry Springer is KNOWN for being an immoral jerk and has KOOKS on his "show". And G.G. really LOVED Jerry, given what he said his position was.

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 8:46 pm

Who today is like that guy? People need to know in advance of attending any "rock" shows if the lead singer is going to drag up young women OR boys to the stage and rape them.. as well as raping animals? People need to know that in advance.. Who is like that in Today's Rock world?

I love music, am a musician, have been in ROCK bands..... and I want to know....

WHO, today, is like that guy? Or is there no one... ? Just give me a few names, I'm curious...

PM me if you have more info.. like their myspace pages, or videos like the above.. I need a list. I feel a new "project" coming on... ;) I might start a book again.. maybe a new thread on this too...

Last edited by Felinity on 20 Apr 2008, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SophiasMom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Apr 2008, 9:35 pm

I don't think he had aspergers. I'm sure he had a host of issues but I don't think aspergers was one of them.

I'm almost positive the raping girls on stage thing was a hoax that never really happened.

A very unlikable guy but some of those songs are just so good.

15 years ago, that makes me feel old.

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Apr 2008, 11:57 pm

Mw99,

Do you think G.G. had Aspie traits in addition to the other personality disorders? You mentioned that since it was 15 years ago, the diagnosis wouldn't have been given out then...

To answer your question, I'm not seeing Aspie traits there.. unless it is along with a whole "hell-of-alot" more issues that are FAR more obvious that mask it..

Do you know of anyone else like G.G. that is alive today?

I"m thinking about starting a project on that type of "persona"... Do you know of anyone else Alive Today that speaks in public like he does about those topics that were brought up on the video?

Mw99
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 7:02 pm

Felinity wrote:
Mw99,

Do you think G.G. had Aspie traits in addition to the other personality disorders? You mentioned that since it was 15 years ago, the diagnosis wouldn't have been given out then...

To answer your question, I'm not seeing Aspie traits there.. unless it is along with a whole "hell-of-alot" more issues that are FAR more obvious that mask it..

Do you know of anyone else like G.G. that is alive today?

I"m thinking about starting a project on that type of "persona"... Do you know of anyone else Alive Today that speaks in public like he does about those topics that were brought up on the video?

I don't know of anyone like that who is alive today, but I know of some people like that who died not too long ago.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 10:33 am

Possible. In another interveiw with someone else, he has a bit of a speech inpediment. I've heard from another source that he didn't grab the girl from the audience, she threw herself onto the stage at his feet. And just becuase someone has AS, it dosen't automaticaly entitle them to sainthood. I do have to wonder what happened to him as a child. There are really only like four GG Allin songs that I actualy like. Most of his stuff is just screaming and yelling. I don't know how anyone could consider that music, but the songs of his I actualy like are things I can relate too and I listen to them to help me vent my own feelings of frustration. I used to listen to Eminem whenever I felt angry or frustrated, but his new stuff dosen't have the same angry vibe to it. GG Allin's songs remind me of my childhood more than anything that is actually occuring in my life right now.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 10:42 pm

nah, he just fried his brains from too much heroin