Are there any "black" Aspies here?(No racial jokes

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 10:38 am

For those of you aspies who are african american, (I'm sure there's not that many.) Do you listen to rap/hip-hop? I hate "gangsta" rap. I feel that it is degrading the african american name. Do you guys like rock? Do you guys speak the "ghetto" lingo like your everyday NTs? Have you ever been insulted by your peers because you aren't 'black' enough?

It sort of annoys me to hear everyone around me whine about me being too white.

I'm just curious, I don't mean to insult anyone.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2008, 11:28 am

I know there are a couple Black guys who post on here, I've seen their avatars. I'm glad you don't speak ghetto slang. I think it sounds ignorant and uneducated...same as the white hicks who I hear speaking redneck slang. Also...I don't like gangsta rap either, but I like some old school stuff. (I'm white, BTW, but some clients at my company are African-American.)

Grey_Kameleon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Apr 2008, 11:33 am

I'm 6%. :P

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 12:12 pm

I'm half black half white and I don't listen to that stuff. My brother does. Doubt that helps though.

CentralFLM
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2008, 1:00 pm

The people in the south have country accents because they started to talk a lot slower (or thought they had to) during the slavery years for their black slaves to understand. This started to be picked up by everybody in the community and continues to this day. This is not a joke by the way. Think about it.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2008, 1:15 pm

I'm also an African American with Asperger Syndrome. My mother supported me ever since I got diagnosed around my first year of high school. (She's also a member of the Autism Society of America) I'm now at taking university courses at the University of MD.

I used to listen a lot of hip-hop music when I'm young. But by the time I entered university I have already grew out of that rut. I don't speak African American Vernacular English. I have more interests other than hip-hop, sex, and gangsta rap (which is becoming more degenerate by the month). Most obviously I'm an anime fan (read:otaku) and amateur digital photographer.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 5:29 pm

I guess I would be considered "black" by others judging only my appearace, but I don't consider myself black. I am biracial.

I don't really listen to any rap music or hip-hip or R&B. I don't act, talk, or dress "black" in any way.

I have been harassed tremendously by my black peers and even some of my white peers because I act too "white." And it is really annoying and frustrating! :x

Obstinate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 6:02 pm

I'm Black, and listen to all sorts of music, the majority being Indie or Underground Hip-Hop (not mainstream garbage). I want to get tested, but my parents both have been ultra-religious, and I'm like begging my dad to get me tested. Any black Christian Aspies? I find that to be an oxymoron, ha.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2008, 6:18 pm

im black and i listen to hip hop rock dance 70s 80 90s and other music.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:16 am

digger1 wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx61880-0-0.html

:roll:

we need MORE african-american threads! :P

Catalyst
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2008, 12:56 am

No racial jokes??? I was going to post one, just to be snarky, but I really can't think of one that even vaguely relates to the topic and still contains actual humor.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 1:02 am

European Aspie

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2008, 6:16 am

CleverKitten wrote:
I guess I would be considered "black" by others judging only my appearace, but I don't consider myself black. I am biracial.

I don't really listen to any rap music or hip-hip or R&B. I don't act, talk, or dress "black" in any way.

I have been harassed tremendously by my black peers and even some of my white peers because I act too "white." And it is really annoying and frustrating! :x

Oh my GOD!! ! I know the feeling. And for some reason I stay away from black people because of the excessive slang and their informal speech, that I seem to have difficulty keeping up with. It pisses me off that other people expect you to be 'black'. Sorry, I don't mean to generalize.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 9:03 am

I love classical music, Kraftwork and various others in the New Romantics category. And I am not that black either.

I don’t listen to mainstream rap/hip-hop but I do like Horror-Core Rap like Ganksta Nip, Esham and the Gravediggerz. Ganksta nip is so psychotic and evil in his lyrics he is funny. I also love a song from Insane Clown Possy Call “I like to stab-them-all”

I isn’t beggin it at all I wouldn’t be good at it.

Apuleyo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Apr 2008, 9:56 am

My girlfriend is a big mix of races. She has some black ancestors, but mostly she is arabic.

edit: I forgot to mention, she is an aspie too