Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 9:52 pm

Has anone tried these? I just ordered a pair. They could be a godsend if they work as advertised.
https://www.amazon.com/DUBS-Acoustic-Fi ... 195&sr=1-3

I'm keeping my fingers crossed; my guess is that they might help, but will be uncomfortable enough that it won't be worth it.

Densaugeo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2016, 11:30 am

I haven't tried anything like that, but I would love to hear how they compare to foam earplugs.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 11:33 am

Nope, but i have been thinking of getting them for almost a year! When you get them make sure to do a "review" or PM me about their quality and preformance!

JanusOne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2016, 11:45 am

greetings all,

please let us know how they work! i use foam ones... they block out most noise other then the trains that run at 4 in the morning and every half hour after!

with peace,

JanusOne :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 6:36 am

I too would love to kos if these work. They would be brilliant if they do! I have a lot of trouble with misophonia and these look like they cut out the extremes, while still allowing you to hear, which can be an issue with foam or silicone earplugs (I use silicone).

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 4:19 pm

So I ordered them, and they aren't worth the cost. They do cut 'undesired' sounds a little more than wanted ones like speech, but they also muffle speech to some extent. Any noise-filtering system will do as well. They also only come with one size of earplug, and since I have fairly small ears that makes them a little uncomfortable; all-in-all, I'm going to stay with the foam earplugs that conform to my ear.

One caveat is that I didn't experience (to my hearing, anyway) any extremely loud noises while wearing these; it may be that they're better at muffling the really loud stuff while allowing speech than other types of earplugs.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 4:29 pm

I spin/cycle inside at a club.

The electronic music is too loud.
I've tried Walmart 32 ear plugs. Anyone have a no. Electronic suggestion?

Densaugeo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jul 2016, 4:43 pm

I've always used foam. If you're at a club, I figure you won't be able to hear anyone anyway.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 10:10 am

Quote:
So I ordered them, and they aren't worth the cost. They do cut 'undesired' sounds a little more than wanted ones like speech, but they also muffle speech to some extent. Any noise-filtering system will do as well. They also only come with one size of earplug, and since I have fairly small ears that makes them a little uncomfortable; all-in-all, I'm going to stay with the foam earplugs that conform to my ear.

One caveat is that I didn't experience (to my hearing, anyway) any extremely loud noises while wearing these; it may be that they're better at muffling the really loud stuff while allowing speech than other types of earplugs.

Aww, hell! This was such a promising idea!
To be honest I've considered wearing actual hearing aids, the ones that fill the entire ear cavity, and just turning them up or down. Could that be an option to achieve the same effect or better, do you think?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 7:40 pm

I really don't know much about hearing aids, except that they are **ridiculously** expensive.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 9:11 pm

I'm not sure if I was clear.

I was writing about a fitness center.