Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Venerab1e1
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

This may sound weird but rocking chairs keep me calm.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm

I think I may be too calm, most of the time. Either that or lazy. :P Reading books, playing video games, cuddling cats. There's not much I do that really requires more than that.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2012, 3:06 am

Listening to brown noise; lying in a dark room; rocking or shaking my head.

Alohilani
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2012, 3:25 am

My guinea pigs.

Playing Solitaire on the iPod, playing with my hair.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:31 am

Interest

Valium

Interest + Valium is best

Caprice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2012, 4:09 am

* A good book (my special interest is literature)
* My stuffed dog… I can literally feel the stress drain away.
* Water, swimming in particular.
* A warm drink of any kind, including coffee.
* Music with a cheerful or energetic beat.
* Pressure, like being wrapped tightly in a blanket.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2012, 7:19 am

Alohilani wrote:
My guinea pigs.

I love guinea pigs! I have four of them. Usually I find it relaxing to just sit on the floor and watch them, or stroke them, but for the past few days two of them have been fighting. I hate it when they fight, the noise makes me very upset and you can't really intervene without making things worse. I've been sleeping with earplugs.

Alohilani
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2012, 7:57 am

Guineapigged wrote:
Alohilani wrote:
My guinea pigs.

I love guinea pigs! I have four of them. Usually I find it relaxing to just sit on the floor and watch them, or stroke them, but for the past few days two of them have been fighting. I hate it when they fight, the noise makes me very upset and you can't really intervene without making things worse. I've been sleeping with earplugs.

Hahahaa I know what you mean.... Their house is right behind my bed and sometimes they wake me up at night because they are annoyed or even dreaming and make these weird bird sounds. Most of the time however I really need their noises. I cannot sleep well if it is all quiet.

I also have four of them, all girls. I love them so much! They are the best roommates ever! :D

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 8:06 am

Um, I have learnt the hard way that the best way for me to calm down anywhere and anytime is to start having conversations in my head with imaginary friends.

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2012, 8:37 am

Stars. going over 42 digits of pi in my head. The big bang.

mindmapper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2012, 8:42 am

• Someone singing to me
  • Hugging someone
  • Running in nature (urban areas aren't very useful to calm me down)
  • Drawing
  • Listening to music
  • Tea / hot chocolate
  • Cooking (but then only food I cooked before so I know exactly what to do)

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

Gaming. currently working through Lost Odyssey on Xbox, that almost sends me into a coma x,x

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:37 am

Now that I've read the posts I see how I can relate to many of them. :)

There are a lot of things that can / could calm me down. Now I like swimming, but as a kid I used to play in the pool until my lips got purple.

I used to ride a small automatic motorcycle around the nearby hills close to the riverbank when I was in my teens and early twenties just for fun, I didn't do any tricks or such, I just enjoyed burning the fuel... Now cycling has a similar effect on me.

I like dogs. My favorite stuffed animals were dogs. However, when I was a kid I was afraid of them. Sometimes they'd chase me. I'm also somewhat afraid of cats, even as an adult. My sister has always been fond of dogs so we eventually had dogs in the family, one at a time, whom I've gradually grown to like. I like to cuddle our current dog, he's a mix-breed, looks like a small collie and is rather hyperactive.

As a kid I liked jumping on the bed, walk on all fours, rolling backwards / forwards / sideways on the floor / on the lawn / in the snow...

Now I like to surf on the net, read/write on WP, listen to music on my stereo system and listen to the sound quality too, as one of my longest lasting obsessions is sound quality, how certain equipments / components sound. Someone mentioned stars, I like starry nights too, know most of the constellations.

It's not a bad thing just laying on the bed and listening to some music... However, I've grown out of watching TV almost completely.

Khmm, taking off clothes (at home) also has a soothing effect on me. :)

I like to know that things around me are going all right, otherwise I need extra calming to get by without a meltdown or cry, but sometimes calming just isn't enough.

Lyll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2012, 11:33 am

Painting
Music with earplugs
Isolation in a room,
Yoga
Cutting things in small pieces ( quite useful when it's cooking time)

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

Alohilani wrote:

Hahahaa I know what you mean.... Their house is right behind my bed and sometimes they wake me up at night because they are annoyed or even dreaming and make these weird bird sounds. Most of the time however I really need their noises. I cannot sleep well if it is all quiet.

I also have four of them, all girls. I love them so much! They are the best roommates ever! :D[/quote]

I have two pairs of boys. 3 of them are long haired and it's a nightmare to brush them and clip their hair and toenails. They hate having it done so they won't keep still and I have to bribe them with carrot peelings.
I take better care of my guineas than I do myself. :P

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

* Rocking
* Drawing
* Playing with my hair
* Squeezing erasers
* Hugging people
* Any cuddly and furry pet
* Slow-paced music