Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 6:55 am

Hey peeps if you remember me I used to post here :))

So I got PDD-NOS yessssssssss it's now confirmed 100% true I have the paper showing it.

Glad to be back to the community. Love U all XD

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 7:26 am

Hey, I remember you! :) Congrats!

Btw, why do you think PDD-NOS is Asperger's? I have the same and TBH I don't really like this vague unrecognized label. So, why did they give it to you? Could you tell us some more?

Bosley
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Mar 2012, 7:35 am

Indeed, PDD NOS is very vague. I almost got that diagnosis because of my psychotic features of depression. But thats a whole nother can of worms.

Im happy you got a diagnosis tho. When I got my HFA dx a couple years ago I felt validated, and I can imagine thats how you feel.

Bos

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

Hi Chummy, and welcome back. Glad you finally got confirmation. It's tough not knowing what's wrong. It was a great relief to me when I learned I had Asperger's Syndrome. Now I don't have to suffer with the horrible mystery of why I am so different from most people. It helps to know, even though there is no cure. At least there are coping methods, though, and for younger people, there are training programs that can help, too. And there are sites like WP, which help a lot, too. :-D

P.S. I like the keyboard "guitar" in your avatar. It is really neat!

Jtuk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

OJani wrote:

Btw, why do you think PDD-NOS is Asperger's? I have the same and TBH I don't really like this vague unrecognized label. So, why did they give it to you? Could you tell us some more?

My understanding of PDD-NOS is that it's what you are given when you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria for atypical autism, AS, autism, Rett syndrome or Cdd. Whatever it is that you are missing means that they can't clearly differentiate between one of these specific disorders.

This would be given to you when you have traits that require support, but the diagnostic manual has failed you.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you feel that the closest actual label that describes you is AS, I don't see any harm in saying you have AS to anyone you are trying to explain it to.

Jason

TalusJumper
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Mar 2012, 11:31 pm

Chummy wrote:

So I got PDD-NOS yessssssssss it's now confirmed 100% true I have the paper showing it.

Congrats to you from a fellow PDDer! :) Hope the diagnoses answers some questions for you.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 2:38 am

Chummy wrote:

Congrats Chummy, I know exactly how you feel! :D

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 3:01 am

Jtuk wrote:
OJani wrote:

My understanding of PDD-NOS is that it's what you are given when you don't meet 100% of the essential criteria for atypical autism, AS, autism, Rett syndrome or Cdd. Whatever it is that you are missing means that they can't clearly differentiate between one of these specific disorders.

This would be given to you when you have traits that require support, but the diagnostic manual has failed you.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you feel that the closest actual label that describes you is AS, I don't see any harm in saying you have AS to anyone you are trying to explain it to.

Jason

Thanks. Sometimes I'd myself tell people who were DX'd with one or the other that they are free to feel they belong to another label if they find it fits them better. Perhaps I'm only too much obsessed with labels. I wish I wouldn't have traits that require support, but I have to face it that I have.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 5:49 am

OJani wrote:

Hey my hungarian friend nice to cya around. I was also diagnosed with "Emotionally unstable Personallity disorder" with narccisistic tendencies. I have every criterion of BPD and I have it severely.

My shrink when he 1st saw me he thought I wasn't ASD because I looked normally and no weird. So I actually have very high social capabilities but like it said in the "narccisistic tendencies" it means that I am very shy and introverted near certain ppl that are "above me" or are threatening me. but with other people I retain my social skills and am charismatic, and funny.

@rascal thanks my man. XD

@Talus thanks dude i appreciate

@Jtuk and Bosley

Very true. But next year or so all the diagnoses get unite to one "PDD Spectrum" (ASD) so there will be no such thing Asperger Syndrome so yes I guess we'll have to think of another name... not aspies... maybe ASDies dunno.

@questor

You know I am glad to have people like you here in the community so I feel like other people and indentify but you know when I walk on the street I always like think okay PDD is no difference it's just in your thought and it's no problem to act like other people because PDD does not prevent it... it's just a "way" people look at you if you know what I mean...

Oh, and yay I glad you like my avatar I actually own a similiar guitar keyboard it's so effin kickass XD

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

We're glad to have you back. :)