Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hawkx
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2012, 11:21 am

I was wondering does anyone else lack anger. Usually Im very clam in many social situations. Internally I'm also like this instead of being angry I would hyper analyze things.

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2012, 11:23 am

I don't really lack anger I just don't show it. I only really show it when I'm home.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

12 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

I feel anger on the inside but it's hard for me to show it. When I do show it, I guess it's somehow over the top i've been told? But I am like you most of the time, very calm when things should make me angry. Unless it's something really close to my heart :/

Hawkx
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2012, 11:47 am

Tsproggy wrote:
I feel anger on the inside but it's hard for me to show it. When I do show it, I guess it's somehow over the top i've been told? But I am like you most of the time, very calm when things should make me angry. Unless it's something really close to my heart :/

Well I had my heart broken many times so my heart is "stone cold". I have difficulty understanding what I want, I generally have very mixed feelings and thoughts. For example I like this girl and I would be thrilled if she's my girlfriend but at the same time I don't want her to be.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

I WISH!! !! !! !! !! !

I'm constantly angry with myself, and I have a tendancy to lash out when the wrong thing is said to me, or if I am in an environment or situation where I know I can't lash out, I still get angry inside, and the ''bottled anger'' tends to build up until I have an uncontrollable outburst in a few weeks or months.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

I feel quite frustrated at times, I don't feel angry, but if frustrated with a social situation I can be a bit irritable, but my usual response is silence/trying to block everybody out.

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

I'm not very much in touch with my inner feelings. but when I feel its very intense be it anger or anything.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 1:26 pm

Yes, except for when I'm slighted, and then I find it very hard to suppress violence.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

Hawkx wrote:
I was wondering does anyone else lack anger. Usually Im very clam in many social situations. Internally I'm also like this instead of being angry I would hyper analyze things.

Myself I only ever get angry at anti scientific thinking and hostility. But NT pettiness do not care and probably show no assertiveness.
On one date a woman said I was too soft natured. This type of woman would get a sheep angry. They wan't you to be assertive because
that would mean being yourself, so that leaves being angry. I have to do the mankey dance to empress her. Dance mankey Dance, Dance monkey dance!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPkQ9cvlF4[/youtube]
Dance monkey dance!! !

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

ScientistOfSound wrote:
I feel quite frustrated at times, I don't feel angry, but if frustrated with a social situation I can be a bit irritable, but my usual response is silence/trying to block everybody out.

For most aspies ,it is better that way, otherwise they would be like a lose cannon. I wasn't aware at the time but the most angry people at work are very good at picking their fights. Aspies don't have that skill so generally they are not good at it. There is a geek in the office who uses mainly passive aggression it worked against him making the most unpopular man in the office.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

Lack of anger? Jesus, I wish.

Saturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2012, 5:15 pm

It's an emotion I'm interested in. I have gotton angry about some things that are personal to me. I displayed this in front of my wife. Some of the anger was directed at her but most was directed not at her specifically. She did not want to accept my anger. I felt good getting angry because it let me know that something mattered to me.

I don't tend to get angry in public or even with my 'closest' friends. I find that people try to avoid anger and confrontation and this is understandable - I probably do the same. But to deny anger or the object of the anger as being important and genuine is disturbing to me. I find there is an authenticity about anger. I think anger can be positive. I'm more for expressing anger and getting angry rather than bottling up, although socially I would struggle to express. I want people who are friends to accept my anger if they are real friends rather than reject me for it.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 5:54 pm

anger is difficult for me, i tend to get it in extremes.
either i just let things slide off me, feeling a little annoyed inside but not deeming it worth the trouble or, if i have had enough, i explode in a range, seemingly unproviced when seen from the outside.
becouse of this, i can remain stone-cold trough an entire evening of bullying and teasing, and after that explode the next morning if there is only half a cup of coffee left at breakfast...

Saturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2012, 6:06 pm

izzeme wrote:
anger is difficult for me, i tend to get it in extremes.
either i just let things slide off me, feeling a little annoyed inside but not deeming it worth the trouble or, if i have had enough, i explode in a range, seemingly unproviced when seen from the outside.
becouse of this, i can remain stone-cold trough an entire evening of bullying and teasing, and after that explode the next morning if there is only half a cup of coffee left at breakfast...

Yes, I think this probably goes on a lot. The anger comes out somewhere else, but it does come out if it's there.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 6:10 pm

Yeah, I lack it over here.

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2012, 10:31 pm

I wish I could get angry more often. Anger is like considered worse than the black death by my family. They supress EVERYTHING. There's so much advice on how to be calm when one SHOULD be angry, but what about how to be angry when warranted? And the right to be angry?