Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 3:42 pm

A few days ago I was browsing through GB rail train maps online. I came across one which was seriously high contrast with way too much in a small space. I am sensitive to high contrast and it induced what I believe was a partial seizure (I've had them before).

Firstly I was overcome by severe nausea, a feeling of great distress/fear and became disorientated, although I was conscious of most of what was going on.
Then I remember getting really malcoordinated. I was trying to text people but my texts were coming out as complete nonsense. I saw flashes of light and I was really restless.
Then my limbs became stiff, and after that I was shaking, but I was not afraid.
My visual depth perception was also quite distorted.
After that episode mostly finished, I felt very tired, "washed out" and a bit paranoid.

Does anyone here suffer from seizures? How common are they in ASDs?

lizzybeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2012, 5:57 pm

I have also experienced " partial seizures". I start with a funny feeling in my stomach, like a queezy feeling, then my arms start to tingle, and i am totally aware of everything and everyone around me, but i can't speak. then the room becomes very long and it appears wider than it really is. This part might sound odd to you, but the last 3 times I have had these "episodes" I have had memories. These memories seems so real, almost like i'm in a dream state. and then when I snap out of it, I can't remember what I was just thinking of. No matter how hoard I try, I can't recall these "memories". I have an appointment with a neurologist in august, to discuss my symptoms. I would go to your doctor and see what he/she says.

lizzybeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

I have also experienced " partial seizures". I start with a funny feeling in my stomach, like a queezy feeling, then my arms start to tingle, and i am totally aware of everything and everyone around me, but i can't speak. then the room becomes very long and it appears wider than it really is. This part might sound odd to you, but the last 3 times I have had these "episodes" I have had memories. These memories seems so real, almost like i'm in a dream state. and then when I snap out of it, I can't remember what I was just thinking of. No matter how hoard I try, I can't recall these "memories". I have an appointment with a neurologist in august, to discuss my symptoms. I would go to your doctor and see what he/she says.

Quinntilda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

I have actual epilepsy so I have experienced full seizures but to answer your question if I have partial one I will usually feel strange first and my ears feel like they want to pop and my hart will usually start beating faster I hear strange noise and then I feel so sick like I want to fall to the floor so I have grabbed onto the wall or something to hold myself up and start not being able to breathe and will breathe loudly or have a cough like when someone is choked or choking. Being an "Epsie" I know partials are not anything compared to the real thing.

Side note with real ones I have experienced the first parts I described and when I actually go into a ral one I have been told about that I make noses and look like i cant breathe and of course shake. (in a real one you dont know what you are doing or saying during the seizure. I only know the things because I was told from the people who witnessed it.