Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2012, 12:24 am

It was my birthday today. I have family that loves me and I am thankful. But I have no friends. I really thought I had some friends my age that cared about me but I was wrong. If the word friends means people that care about you, laugh with you and want whats best for you then I have none of those kinds of frineds in my life. I have people who I talk to sometimes and sometimes they will hang out with me but really they arent my friends. I love my family and Im glad they spent the day with me I just feel so unimportant, and no one should have to feel like that on their birthday. Anyone else feel lonely like this? :cry:

Tyazii
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2012, 12:34 am

Yes, I too have no friends. Humans are so hateful, I prefer other animals.

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2012, 12:37 am

Me too but I still wish I had friends. Funny thing is I only care about weather or not I have friends on my birthday. It doesnt bug me on any other day.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:55 am

Happy (Possibly Belated) Birthday!

I do hope you do obtain friends soon, if that is what you so desire.
It may help to make the best attempt to see the good in every person and focus on these positives during interaction with others. People tend to be drawn to those who are positive (not to say that you are necessarily negative), especially towards the topic of themselves.
I wish I had more advice, but I am, by no means, a guru in the field of friendship.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

I know the feeling. Days that are supposed to be special like that always tend to hurt more then regular ones if they don't go well.
*Awkward aspie hug*

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2012, 9:05 pm

Kaelynn wrote:
Me too but I still wish I had friends. Funny thing is I only care about weather or not I have friends on my birthday. It doesnt bug me on any other day.

Odd! I wonder why that is? I go through "phases" where I yearn and don't so much yearn for friends but it lasts longer than a day!

My birthdays haven't really been happy since I was a preteen because I haven't had anyone to enjoy them with. It's amazing how much more beautiful something is when you have loved ones to share it with.

Last edited by AspieAshley on 04 Apr 2012, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

In my life Ive had one birthday with friends. I can recall 3 parties I've been invited to and I only attended 2. I would say I have 3 real friends in my life, sadly one is across the Atlantic, one is across the state, and the third being a girlfriend who is highly subject to change. So I spend most of my time in solitude with animals and Xbox.

Also I shoul edit in HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Sorry you didn't have any friends,. I hope it was still fun in some way.

Last edited by Taybot97 on 03 Apr 2012, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

People come and go. As I am one (barely), I return the favor of sweeping in and out of the planes of observation of others. No one is important, by the way; you, I, and everyone else are no more significant than the next person. As Scarface put it "F***ing cockaroaches."

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 10:32 pm

I try not to place too much significance on my Birthday anymore. I just tell myself it's a day like any other day. Then I'll usually treat myself to a meal and one of my favorite restraunts alone.

Huggles
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2012, 12:26 am

Happy belated birthday. I have two rats and a dog at the moment. I dread my upcoming birthday a bit. You still have the opportunity to make friends. One day at a time.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

I know its late but, Happy birthday anyway :o I really understand that lonely feeling, but i also struggle with the fact that i can't hang out with people for hours because it makes me super anxious, last time one of my friends came over was about 2 months ago, anyway if you really want a friend, how about just reaching out to someone that seems like a good person to you, it doesn't have to be in person right away, you can try someone here :D

*gives a teddybear* sorry i felt like doing that ><