Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

raul693
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2012, 5:27 pm

Edit: Bugger, I accidentally double posted :?

Last edited by raul693 on 05 Apr 2012, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 5:54 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I got carded the other day, going into a rated PG 13 movie.

I'll be 24 in 13 days. >.<

I think that's partly because I'm short, though.
I think most women would be happy if someone needed proof they were over 18, but...middle school aged? :?

oh God

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 6:03 pm

JNathanK wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
I got carded the other day, going into a rated PG 13 movie.

I'll be 24 in 13 days. >.<

I think that's partly because I'm short, though.
I think most women would be happy if someone needed proof they were over 18, but...middle school aged? :?

oh God

Yeah. Made me feel pretty weird.

to his Interest."

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 6:38 pm

theonlysane1 wrote:
Is it normal for aspies, and possibly others in the ASD, to look physically younger than they actually are? I've noticed that people are always surprised when I tell them my age. I walked into a Marine Corps recruiters office (about 22 at the time) after serving four years, and they thought I was still in high school and was looking to join; they didn't believe me when I told them I already did a tour.

So is it normal? Is it something to do with a lack of facial expression giving the face a more youthful appearance?

Yeah, I look maybe 13 or 14. Same goes for my muscle tone, :cry:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 6:42 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
theonlysane1 wrote:
Is it normal for aspies, and possibly others in the ASD, to look physically younger than they actually are? I've noticed that people are always surprised when I tell them my age. I walked into a Marine Corps recruiters office (about 22 at the time) after serving four years, and they thought I was still in high school and was looking to join; they didn't believe me when I told them I already did a tour.

So is it normal? Is it something to do with a lack of facial expression giving the face a more youthful appearance?

...you're FIFTEEN.

to his Interest."

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2012, 7:10 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
...you're FIFTEEN.
:lmao:

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 7:35 pm

Yes, I am 17 and look like I am 13.

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

I am 30... the subject has only come up once recently and I was told that the person thought that I was maybe 20 or 21...

Otherwise I don't really have friends that are close enough to have that sort of discussion, or to even really discuss my actual age... It's kinda outside of the scope of the types of friendships that I have.

I do have youthful traits... some I am ok with... most annoy me...

oh well :)

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 1:43 am

I'm 21. People often think I'm 17. Oh and one guy was shocked when I said I turn 22 this year. He thought I was 16.

TimpaniRol
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2012, 8:32 am

yeah, all the time. I think part of it for me is that I dont wear make-up, like many aspie women. Make-up can make you look old.

mac266
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2012, 10:27 am

I'm 35 and people often think I'm 21 or so. I was carded for buying a cigar about three years ago, too.

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die." -G.K. Chesterton

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 11:17 am

TimpaniRol wrote:
yeah, all the time. I think part of it for me is that I dont wear make-up, like many aspie women. Make-up can make you look old.

Does that mean a lot of Aspie women don't wear make-up or that a lot of Aspie women do wear make-up? Anyway, I don't wear it either. And I'm short. I think those are contributing factors to why I look so young.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Apr 2012, 11:47 am

I am told I look younger, and always have, by several years. This is me on my last birthday (45).

Charles

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 1:36 pm

I'm 40, and I've been addressed as "young man" by people who were about my age. I've always looked younger than I was.

Arlie
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2012, 7:05 am

I was thinking about this the other week, when I had a man guess my age as 18 – I’m 21, trying to work out what it was. I’ve noticed over the past few years whenever people try to guess how old I am they have always guessed on average three or four years younger.
I wondered if it was that I don’t wear makeup and preen my eyebrows etc like a lot of women do or if it was something to do with my face or what I wear? I tend to wear plain unfussy clothes and minimal or no accessories but I don’t think I have a young looking style. I thought it odd because friends of a similar age seem to have people guess more accurately for them. It could partly be my voice I guess which becomes softer and higher when I’m anxious/shy, but then they often guess before they’ve heard me speak.

I think it interesting that other aspies have found the same thing.

LongLostSelf
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2012, 7:16 am

Yes i have always looked young for my age. Strange...it seems very common for AS