Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:09 am

- Doctor, doctor! I think I'm so indecisive! ...or maybe not? :wink:

Seriously, yes, I can relate to you all. Planning and keeping up routines helps a lot. Sometimes it's easier if you just lower your expectations a bit, giving up a little of your perfectionism at least temporarily.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 8:05 am

I'm pretty bad at making decisions on the spot. It's really bad when I'm at a restaurant I've never been to. I'm staring at the menu trying to figure out what I want to eat. I'm usually the last one to order and even then they're still waiting on me.

PS. I actually have a sticker that covers this too! Lol
[img][800:768]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj314/jetbuilder/img1333927738091.jpg[/img]

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Last edited by jetbuilder on 08 Apr 2012, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 9:10 am

I'm not sure if Im indecisive or not.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Apr 2012, 11:27 am

I might be but I can't decide if I am or not

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 11:18 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
No no, both of you have it all wrong. Maybe I should have explained better. I don't choose my special interests; believe me, I've tried. I do let them come naturally. And I do fall in love with them, very much. It's just that, with this particular interest, all the passion that was there when the interest started two years ago is now gone. But for some reason my mind wouldn't stop obsessing over it even though I didn't love it anymore. It was like being stuck in a loveless marriage where all the passion is gone, but you stay with it because it's convenient. It started to become more like an OCD obsession than an AS one. Wouldn't you want your obsessions to end if you didn't love them anymore but couldn't make them stop and it was making you miserable instead of happy? If it really were up to me, I would have put a stop to my passionless interest last year and would have already gone through a whole other interest by now.

I don't think I have had that experience, but I understand what you are saying. I am sorry your former special interest is being such a jerk to you (if that is the right way to put it). I do hope you find a new interest that brings you peace and calm instead of misery - that old interest is definitely not fun.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:23 am

I can be. I mean, I'm generally OK with picking stuff off of a menu for lunch (but then again, I usually stick to the same handful of items, so it isn't like I'm venturing too far from routines there), but it took me years to decide which color to paint my bedroom (I settled on a soft tan, in case you're wondering. :) ).

messmor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Apr 2012, 2:23 am

I resort to eeny meeny miny moe on a regular basis. If I can't decide between chicken or beef, I tend to get both and worry about the tummy ache later.

zeldazonk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2012, 3:24 am

Yes. Very indecisive. Drive myself and others crazy with it!

lundygirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 4:49 am

I'm indecisive, and it's something I really wish I could change. I simply can't seem to make decisions for myself and tend to rely on asking other people to help. When I'm on my own, decision-making becomes a genuine struggle.

For example, I went to the physio today and needed to make a doctor's appointment afterwards. I couldn't decide which doctor to see, and then when I was offered an appointment I couldn't decide whether to take it or not. Felt really stupid, and the receptionist got a bit impatient with me too which made me flustered. Not a happy experience, and all I was trying to do was arrange to see a doctor!

falonsayswoah
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2012, 11:09 pm

I'm horribly indecisive. At every restaurant I've been to, I have one thing that I get every time so that I don't have to think about what to get, or I'll have someone decide for me. I'm like that with everything.. It's bad because my indecisiveness makes me really anxious when I have to make decisions on the spot, so I'll ask whoever I'm with what I should do. If I'm alone, I text one of my parents/call if I'm desperate. It's horrible. I just worry that I'll make the wrong decision.

Diagnosis: Major Depressive Affective Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mild PTSD, Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder of childhood with hyperactivity (more inattentive, though), Mild OCD, Social Phobia, Tourette's Syndrome

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

Yes and no. Or, no and yes.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

Yes, oh I mean No, oh of course the answer is yes, oh I'm not sure. Actually, this is the only decision I can make without doubt - Yes.

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2012, 10:14 pm

I'm directionless, too. I am so out of touch with the world!