Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

Who else here is very indecisive? I am never good at making decisions, always found it very hard to make my mind up on things. When it comes to where to go for lunch, what to have for dinner, or what brand of canned tomato I want. It usually takes me an hour to go shopping for groceries for the week, since I take so long to decide just what I want to buy and make for the week. I usually decide things at the very last minute too, like I ill decide what to make or buy for dinner as I am driving home from work, very last minute decisions.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

I'm terrible with decision making. I can drive myself mad for hours deciding what to buy; or where to eat for lunch. Glad it is not just me! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 10:20 pm

I'm the same way as well. There are days that I go through five different avatars.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

I really want to respond to this with "I don't know" (except I do know, and know I'm terrible with indecision in many cases, because arbitrary decisions bother me a lot, even if they're about things like what I'm eating.)

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm

Definitely...often when I'm faced with choices I worry about making the wrong decision and later regretting it, so it often takes time for me to make a solid choice.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:25 pm

Quote:
Are you indecisive?

I'm not sure. :? So...yes.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:44 pm

I am terrible at making decisions. In fact, I have spent several months going back and forth over whether I want to keep a certain special interest or give it up and try to find a new one. I have changed my mind so many times that my mom eventually stopped believing me whenever I said I was done with it. I made the decision several days ago that I'm done with it again.

I actually think that that may have been my final decision this time, because rather than regretting dumping my interest and and immediately going back to it as I have done so many times in the past, I actually feel more liberated now. I'm curious to see what my next special interest might turn out to be. Of course, this may just be temporary and I may change my mind and go back to it yet again. This is the topic for indecisive people, after all. :P

JesseCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2012, 12:15 am

Extremely indecisive. I need everything to be planned out and orderly and well thought out. For example even if I am choosing something as trivial as what book I want to read on my Kindle on the subway. By the time I decide what book and what song I want to listen to, it's my stop.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:19 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I am terrible at making decisions. In fact, I have spent several months going back and forth over whether I want to keep a certain special interest or give it up and try to find a new one. I have changed my mind so many times that my mom eventually stopped believing me whenever I said I was done with it. I made the decision several days ago that I'm done with it again.

o.O You choose your special interests or when to stop having them or anything like that? That's so incredibly strange sounding to me...

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:22 am

Absolutely! You should see me trying to select produce. :roll:

I think I may have shared this story on WP before, but I once went to Best Buy, spent a couple hours perusing the DVD section and filling up a shopping cart with movies I wanted to buy. Of course, I could only afford 3 or 4, so I then spent an hour trying to narrow the choices down, failed and ended up not getting ANY of them! 8O

My boyfriend and I both share an interest in film, but he hates sitting down to select a movie with me, because it could take an hour for me to decide.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:33 am

Tuttle wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

o.O You choose your special interests or when to stop having them or anything like that? That's so incredibly strange sounding to me...

Yes. I tend to think that your special interests choose you. Or you just fall helplessly in love with them. Besotted.

It wouldn't even occur to me to think about stopping them, let alone actually decide to stop.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:37 am

JesseCat wrote:
Extremely indecisive. I need everything to be planned out and orderly and well thought out. For example even if I am choosing something as trivial as what book I want to read on my Kindle on the subway. By the time I decide what book and what song I want to listen to, it's my stop.

I'm about the same and need lists and plans. There was a time when i ate the same food day by day for months because i was familiar with it and couldn't get myself to decide what else i could eat.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:39 am

With some things I can be indecisive, and with others, not at all. Go figure... :?

Shadewraith
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2012, 2:59 am

I very indecisive. This is usually why I spend my days doing next to nothing.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:08 am

one-A-N wrote:
Tuttle wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Yes. I tend to think that your special interests choose you. Or you just fall helplessly in love with them. Besotted.

It wouldn't even occur to me to think about stopping them, let alone actually decide to stop.

No no, both of you have it all wrong. Maybe I should have explained better. I don't choose my special interests; believe me, I've tried. I do let them come naturally. And I do fall in love with them, very much. It's just that, with this particular interest, all the passion that was there when the interest started two years ago is now gone. But for some reason my mind wouldn't stop obsessing over it even though I didn't love it anymore. It was like being stuck in a loveless marriage where all the passion is gone, but you stay with it because it's convenient. It started to become more like an OCD obsession than an AS one. Wouldn't you want your obsessions to end if you didn't love them anymore but couldn't make them stop and it was making you miserable instead of happy? If it really were up to me, I would have put a stop to my passionless interest last year and would have already gone through a whole other interest by now.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:01 am

Yep I am like this as well. I often want other people to decide for me.