Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KatzenJam
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2012, 2:49 pm

I was diagnosed with ADD when I was six, but I've thought for a while now that I might actually have Asperger's. I'm just trying to figure out how to get tested for it. I googled it, but couldn't find any definite results for anyone who would do Autism testing. I do live in the largest city in my state, so it shouldn't be this hard to find someone. Well, there is a large institute in my city, but I have not recieved a call back from them in over a month, and I've heard their waiting lists can be nearly two years long, and I don't want to wait for that.

So, how did some of you find a place to get tested? Any sites I can visit that might help? Suggestions of all kinds are welcome. :)

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

We contacted the local autism resource center and asked their recommendation on who should be gone to for an evaluation for an adult.

KatzenJam
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 6:08 pm

First go to the section here at WP for Autism/Asperger's forums. You will find at least one post article with links to online tests you can take. Bring copies of your online test results with you when you finally do see a psych doc. Also do some research here and at other sites for info on Autism/Asperger's spectrum disorders. Make a list of any traits you have that are listed on the spectrum, and bring that with you, too. This should help in your session with the doc.

And welcome to Wrong Planet! You are among friends here at WP! :D