Aspies how do you deal with cold/flue?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 3:27 am

i have an overactive immune system.
i always have a slight cold (running nose and sneezing), but that is as bad as it gets; even if everyone around me is ill and sneezing in my direction, i get away with nothing; i dont remember being physically ill a day of my life (except a full crashdown tue to sensory overload, but that's a completely different topic...)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 3:34 am

persian85033 wrote:
I just try to ignore it as best as I can and just keep things routine.
dito i try and tough it out best I can I usually recover within a day or 2 if its a cold if its the flu depending how bad the strain is like bad to the point ill collapse on the way to work then I will call in and try and get as much rest as possible drink lots of OJ and hot soup.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2012, 3:48 pm

Autism doesn't affect the immune system (unless one has a severe case of Autism and only wants certain foods, et cetera). My immune system is healthy, and some people who I know have high immune systems and others have low immune systems. I don't get colds very often, but when I do I can kind of ignore it and carry on. Once I even got up and done voluntary work at the charity shop when I was full of cold, which was quite stupid of me because that's a good way of spreading it to other people.

Colds only affect me more because I have a sinus problem. It doesn't make me feel any iller, it just makes me feel more blocked, and causes breathing problems, so I've got a thing to breathe into when I go to bed in order to unblock my sinuses. Then afterwards I end up with deaf ears (I also have problems with my ears, wax doesn't come out on it's own). Sometimes I can't always tell if I have a sinus infection or a cold, because sometimes with colds I don't always get a sore throat (because I have a lot of mucus down my throat so it keeps it rather moist), but I can feel an ill, tingly sensation in the back of my nose when I'm getting a cold, whereas with a sinus infection I don't get that. Plus I get a bad smell up my nose when I'm getting a sinus infection, whereas with a cold my nose actually goes dry and my sinuses all suddenly clear for a few hours then starts going runny one side.

Uh, horrible, I hate getting colds!! !

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 10:11 am

I don't have an Auto Immune disorder (that I know of), but EVERY SINGLE DAY my nose runs, throughout the entire day! Because of this, I everyday I have to stock my pockets with tissues...plus, people at school think I'm weirder than I already am because I carry so much with me! :)

Although, my family thinks that this happens to me because I was never really exposed to germs when throughout my childhood because I was born 2 months premature and was put in an incubator and living in hospital for a most of the first year of my life.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 1:06 pm

i dont know if ive ever had the flu but i hate colds as they tend to last longer in me and usually lead to eather asinus infection or bronchitis like symptoms ( i have asthma)