Are you Dyslexic
Dyslexic NT 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dyslexic AS 100%  100%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 9

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 1:50 am

My oldest brother is Dyslexic but he's a NT. He doesn't have Asperger's.

I'm slammed with Dyscalculia. I am so bad with numbers that it's almost funny.

But thanks for asking.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 2:17 am

I often skip lines when I'm reading and get numbers mixed up (eg. 5545 5455) so I have to go very slow and carefully when I'm doing mathematical calculations.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2006, 8:02 am

The opposite--hyperlexic.

My reading ability outstrips my comprehension--that's not a big problem, though, because at this point I can read anything written, and comprehend anything written at a college level, which is all I need to be capable of as a college student.

Actually, it never was a really big problem--by 3rd grade, my comprehension had caught up with my classmates', and that's when you typically have to start doing reading-comprehension exercises. I've always loved words and their definitions; missing the big picture doesn't pose much of a problem when you are interested in all the connotations in the words and the logic of a plot, and can put the picture together from the puzzle pieces easily enough.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

SweXtal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2006, 12:52 pm

Well I can't say I'm dyslectic in standard way. I have a very peculiar disorder making me loose words in a single sentence, but I only need to stop concentrating for a second, take some of the rithualistic behaviours I have, then go back and continue the sentence.

novawake
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Nov 2006, 7:55 pm

I'm diagnosed hyperlexic and dyslexic... The kind of dyslexic I have doesn't interfere with my reading too too much. It's the more rare "up + down" dyslexic. So basically I lose what line I'm on sometimes. I tend to highlight what I'm reading on the net as I read it so I don't lose my place. When I read in a book I tend to use my finger to hold my place frequently. If I don't do stuff like that, I tend to lose my place. Spreadsheets drive me batty, sometimes it looks like the words are climbing over each other...