If I cry a lot then how come I still have angry outbursts?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 9:10 am

I am a very emotional person, I cry a lot, even in front of other people (if I am comfortable with them). I express my feelings a lot to other people too, so I don't bottle anything up or keep my emotions to myself. I usually express how I feel to other people, in an appropriate way. But I still frequently get extremely angry and have massive outbursts that seem to build up every few months, as though I'm someone who bottles it all up, in which I never do.

I only thought anger is caused by bottling feelings up, or hardly ever crying, or not expressing emotions properly, which is why a lot of murders and other aggressive, anti-social behaviour are caused my men. Does this mean I must be the most angriest person in the world then? Must I have so much anger in me? Could this lead to a heart attack one day?

Like I said earlier, I do cry an awful lot. Not a week goes by when I don't cry.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 9:43 am

Somebody I knew often ranted, screamed, cried and stamped, but it never seemed to give her much relief, it just tired her out and she'd have to sleep for days to recover.

I suppose either letting it rip doesn't really help much, or some people have been upset so much that it's just not enough.

I don't show anger much. When I do, I feel kind of emotionally better but I also feel guilty about it, and worried about the consequenses, so overall I don't feel better. I feel better when I think I'm doing something logical about whatever or whoever is upsetting me. Also, sometimes when I blow up in a temper, I come out with feelings I hadn't known about before, I probably exaggerate them at the time but they're not just imaginary. So I know a bit more about how I feel, and that helps, because if I don't know how I feel, I won't know how to make myself feel better.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 9:54 am

Joe90 wrote:
I am a very emotional person, I cry a lot, even in front of other people (if I am comfortable with them). I express my feelings a lot to other people too, so I don't bottle anything up or keep my emotions to myself. I usually express how I feel to other people, in an appropriate way. But I still frequently get extremely angry and have massive outbursts that seem to build up every few months, as though I'm someone who bottles it all up, in which I never do.

I only thought anger is caused by bottling feelings up, or hardly ever crying, or not expressing emotions properly, which is why a lot of murders and other aggressive, anti-social behaviour are caused my men. Does this mean I must be the most angriest person in the world then? Must I have so much anger in me? Could this lead to a heart attack one day?

Like I said earlier, I do cry an awful lot. Not a week goes by when I don't cry.

I used to be just like that. I cried everyday when I got home. Life was overwhelming. I felt stressed out having to be around people all day long. That was my absolute worst. With more time to myself, I cry much less these days and never about the way I am treated. I only cry during sad movies or when I hear about something upsetting.

Why is it that triggers your anger? Find out your triggers and work on a strategy to combat them.

My trigger is being treated badly by others and having no escape. I am no longer in those situations and am a lot less emotional.

AnotherKind
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 10:24 am

Maybe your psyche warns you there's something wrong in your environment and should be changed. It's perfectly sane from my perspective to get angry but with limit and without harming others - however is important to know, or at least, to guess what triggers your anger.

I cry a lot but not so frequently - mostly when i remember about my past and the way society is. Some weeks ago i went out and got very drunk because i was talking with a person about the people around us and i got pissed and i started crying so badly, then when i went to bathroom, all my makeup was all over my face. I think i've scared a lot of folks there :hic: :hic:

Quote:
Could this lead to a heart attack one day?

It depends on your body, anyway it can raise your blood pressure and that's not good for your heart if that happens very often.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 3:04 pm

Crying a lot in front of people can have a negative effect on them. They will start thinking, "Gee, I love this girl but all she is doing is wearing me out!" You don't want that to happen. Perhaps you can develop some hobbies to occupy your time?
Maybe join up with other aspies in your area at a support network? Good luck.

ciano
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Anger is caused by being angry. Bottling feelings up generally doesn't help, but letting them out isn't necessarily going to stem the tide either. As a matter of fact, you're more likely to feel a feeling that you have more practice feeling, so if you feel sad and cry a lot, it's going to get easier for you to feel sad and cry. It's just like how if you play the drums every single day, you'll eventually become a good drummer.

I don't know how your problem with these feelings manifests or how to solve it, but whenever I find sadness interfering with my life, I listen to some arena rock. Music really can change your emotions, and to me, arena rock is the happiest music. I hope you can fin something that reminds you of happiness whenever you are sad!