Do you wear the same clothes over and over?

Page 5 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

Only jeans, and usually for about 4 days in a row, which I don't think is very much. I might sometimes wear a blouse or T-shirt another day before laundry day if it looks OK and doesn't smell.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

Only jeans, and usually for about 4 days in a row, which I don't think is very much. I might sometimes wear a blouse or T-shirt another day before laundry day if it looks OK and doesn't smell.

Dreycrux
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 1:13 pm

I only like 1 outfit the best so why would I wear anything else?

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

Oh yes, but I try some variety, otherwise I would walk around in stinky clothes. :P
I bought a cotton-coat in autumn 2012, I always wanted one and found one. I love the feeling of its material, the weight it has and many other factors which probably make it my favourite piece of clothing. I wish I could wear it all the time whenever I go somewhere!
However, I'm afraid the rain could damage it as it is made of cotton and I paid some money to own it (I even travelled to several cities and back to pick the best one in the stores I knew it was in, that was a torture and I was exhausted afterwards, but it was worth it, I'm very selective about clothing, especially if it is about trousers, that's why I hate to buy new ones, I'm annoyed by certain types of jeans..).

Other than that, I wear the same jeans most of the time and have a backup jeans in case it has to be washed.

lonelyguy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

I like to buy the same kind of clothes a lot..so might look that way..but i have lots of jeans and T shirts that are the same colour and trainers too..but the idea of wearing the same clothes over and over if they are dirty..no thanks..i prefer the clean feel :lol:

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:06 pm

I change clothes everyday, but have the same type of clothes...usually I rotate between 5 different t-shirts, the same pair of trainers and 2-3 pairs of jeans in a week, plus one of two hoodies; either my blue one or the grey one, but before I just wore the blue one until my mum bought me the grey one. I do this because I like how these clothes feel and also to have sameness.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:08 pm

KnarlyDUDE09 wrote:
I change clothes everyday, but have the same type of clothes...usually I rotate between 5 different t-shirts, the same pair of trainers and 2-3 pairs of jeans in a week, plus one of two hoodies; either my blue one or the grey one, but before I just wore the blue one until my mum bought me the grey one. I do this because I like how these clothes feel and also to have sameness.

Yes, this sums it up for me. :)

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

I wear many of the same clothes I used to wear in high school and it's been ages since then; plenty of new stuff too. I'm not in the open too often so I usually change sweaters once in a month or so (I do not detect most smells and need assistance with figuring out if it's time for that) and jeans maybe once a season or so.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:15 pm

If I changed clothes every day I'd go broke and have big piles of laundry all the time. I have to go to the laundromat to wash my clothes and it's not very reliable either. Once they were closed for a month. You never know if they'll be open.

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

Yes, absolutely. I usually have one favourite pair of jeans and 2,3 favourite shirts, and only wear something different when I absolutely have to. And I don't change my clothes as often as other people, I usually wear a shirt for 2 weeks and trousers even longer (except in summer). This seems disgusting to a lot of people, but I don't see any reason to change, when my clothes still smell and look good. I barely sweat anyways.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

I tend to wear my favorite shirts and pants/shorts/utility kilt/M.U.G. once or twice a week. To most people, it may seem that I wear the same thing all the time, but I surmise having multiples of any garment or owning several shirts of the same band would give such an illusion.

When it comes to sleepwear, I have three shirts and three pairs of shorts that I cycle through.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:31 pm

Yes i wear the same clothes over and over, they are comfy.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Yes, I have that. I tend to wear certain clothes over and over. Half the stuff I buy I wont wear again and there are a select few that I love wearing. Right now though it also has a lot to do with financial stuff right now as well. I haven't gone clothes shopping in ages.

This. My mother loves taking me clothes shopping and I always end up getting stuff that I wear maybe twice before going back to my old things. I bought some overalls last March that I wore literally every day until they finally got a hole in the rear end (I do way too much sitting) and I had to pitch them. I got by with sweat pants for the two/three weeks before getting a new pair that are going to see an equal amount of wear. Before the overalls it was the same cotton t shirts and soft denim jeans for two-three days at a time, the jeans only became a problem when the knees wore out and I'd still be wearing them in 5F temperature winter weather. For the past three almost four years I've worn the same sweater to the exclusion of all others, and my mother has finally started forbidding me from wearing it to school because of the holes in the sleeves, something I find extremely frustrating. The time has finally come for me to bite the bullet and find a new sweater to love, something that won't be easy. As for shoes, I've worn one pair of converse or another for the past five and a half years, since I wear the same shoes every day and during school I do a fair amount of walking, they usually wear out in about a year, at which point I take a deep breath and get another pair in a different colour. Part of my obsession with wearing the same clothes over and over is due to an aversion to change, and part of it is my tactile sensitivity: nothing irritates my skin more than uncomfortable clothes, it's a nightmare.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2013, 10:41 pm

Yes all ways blue or black jeans and a cotton T.

You are very likely an Aspie

silentlyvela
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2013, 10:58 pm

Yes, until I can tell they are dirty. Normally I only wear regular clothes for a couple hours in a day if that. It makes it a lot easier for me since I'm so indecisive. Otherwise I'm in my pjs at home.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:29 pm

That's a big yes from me. I wear the same T-shirt and pants every day.