Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

justmyself
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jun 2012, 8:23 am

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
I sometimes seem to over-explain things and say the same things in several different ways, because I'm afraid I won't be understood or that I'll leave out some important part. This has occasionally caused others to complain or otherwise express irritation with me. I find this interesting, in light of the fact that I also sometimes under-explain, as though someone should know what I'm thinking or feeling just because I do.

That's perfectly ME. :)

Outofsync
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2012, 12:43 pm

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
I sometimes seem to over-explain things and say the same things in several different ways, because I'm afraid I won't be understood or that I'll leave out some important part. This has occasionally caused others to complain or otherwise express irritation with me. I find this interesting, in light of the fact that I also sometimes under-explain, as though someone should know what I'm thinking or feeling just because I do.

Is over-explaining a kind of perseveration? Is under-explaining due to a lack of theory of mind?

This is exactly what I do. I have been working on it because of others' irritations or confusions. It actually got me fired,once because they client didn't know what I was saying and complained later, yet never addressed me as to not understanding.

Your Aspie score: 165 of 200
Your Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 32 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie