Diagnose You as Bipolar not Loneliness?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 12:16 pm

Has anyone tried to diagnose you as bipolar(manic depression)? I have seen various doctors and councillors and bipolar seem to come up in their conversation. I have my ups and downs in my mood but it isn’t down to no bipolar it is just loneliness.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 12:41 pm

I thought bipolar was extreme ups and downs in feelings and behaviors? If you are lonely do you ever try to do something to stop the lonliness? Like form a local Aspie group? I really think people should be more open to forming AS social groups.

Panik
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jan 2007, 12:48 pm

My loneliness is a result of my upbringing/personality and general incompability with the common people. I believe my depression (bipolar at that?) is a combination of genetic/sociological traits and a negative self-image resulting in a neverending downward spiral. Hey you don't become suicidal at age 5 without a good reason.

Answer: No, don't let the doctor stick a bipolar label on you if that's not what you really are. Chalk it up to the cesspool that is modern life and being an aspie in a world inhabited by morons. You're probably just depressed ?

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 4:31 pm

the wikipedia article on bipolar disorder seems to emphasize bipolar people as extroverted individuals. an aunt of mine who has it is like that. she takes no medicine. except she's had two divorces (divorce, common) and enjoys sky diving regularly (risk taking activities, common).

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 5:23 pm

xon wrote:
enjoys sky diving regularly (risk taking activities, common).

That don't seem much like me, you will not see me taking no risks, unless I have much to gain.