Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 5:46 am

I find children especially the under 4's easier to get on with than adults and can be myself, well up to a point. Its just when they get to school and become pack animals and it starts getting bitchy.

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

17 Dec 2006, 6:36 am

No. I start getting nervous and look for an escape route, and I don't have patience with babbling.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 6:55 am

Toddlers, age range 1 - 3. Yes.

With babies, Yes.

With kids age 4 - 8. No, not really. It depends what there like. If there mature and well-behaved then yes, but if there loud-mouthed and completely irritating, then no.

ooh_choc
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2006, 7:12 am

I don't like small children and I don't consider them to be real people. They're sick little caricatures of real people, and their out of proportion little bodies gives me the creeps.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 8:08 am

fresco wrote:
I find children... easier to get on with than adults...

Absolutly! Until they become teenagers. But nobody gets on well with teenagers except other teenagers. It's like they're from another planet! :D

- Emerson

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 8:18 am

I'm very good with children, one-to-one or in small numbers.

I can't cope with a classroom full, or parties, especially with acting or pretending games going on.
I just can't spread my attention that wide, or think my way fast enough.

I can even do well with individual teenagers.
(Somehow alternating between listening to them and not being impressed or shocked by them.)

I'm not sure I want a child of my own. But in the unlikely event of one turning up, I daresay I'd work out how to cope.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:00 am

I only like my son, and I can't handle him if he chatters.

I never liked other kids and was afraid to have one of my own. But we did and he's my husband and my little Xerox. :lol: I still don't like other kids but I tolerate them a bit better.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:01 am

No, I hate children of all ages. They greatly annoy me. I hated children when I was a child...
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:07 am

kids seem to like me for some reason... i think they must have a built-in softie detector :lol: or maybe they just see me as a big kid, adults do that too :(

i used to be scared of kids but i get on well with them now. i'd love to have kids on my own some day, they'd need to have very good survival skills though :lol:

jman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:08 am

I work with children for a living they can be overwhelming at times especially when they're acting up.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:09 am

Yeah, I love kids, especially young ones. I really enjoy reading to them and helping them colour in books and playing games. Kids and I are on the same wavelength. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:12 am

I prefer little red Buses. :lol:

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:48 am

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
No, I hate children of all ages. They greatly annoy me. I hated children when I was a child...

I don't like children (which includes infants through teenagers)-IMHO they're neither adorable nor interesting. I didn't get along with them ("my peers") even when I was one. I'm afraid of kids of any age-either they'll attack me or accuse me of attacking them (verbally), end result is that I'd be in trouble-no thanks. I'm not going to inflict myself upon others, nor do I wish to suffer their presence. I avoid creatures with whom I mesh poorly. I dislike people in general-the exceptions I've found (when I was a kid & now that I'm a "grown-up") were/are adults.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2006, 10:52 am

DivaD wrote:
kids seem to like me for some reason... i think they must have a built-in softie detector :lol: or maybe they just see me as a big kid, adults do that too :(

i used to be scared of kids but i get on well with them now. i'd love to have kids on my own some day, they'd need to have very good survival skills though :lol:

en_una_isla wrote:
...but my children are animals.

- Emerson

nina
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2006, 10:59 am

My son, 8, is absolutely wonderful with younger children. He always makes them laugh and they completely adore him. He will also seek out much older children (teenagers) and adults to talk with. He will avoid children his own age. I was the same way when I was younger, though, and still am to a certain extent.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2006, 12:18 pm

I love kids and I'm very good with them, especially babies and very young children. I have been babysitting since I was 12, which is about 10 years. I do well with older kids one-on-one but don't think I could handle a classroom full of them. Kids seem to like me. Even when i was a kid, littler kids and babies were always drawn to me. I have very good caring instincts and one of my special interests is childcare, so I have lots of knowledge. I hope to have a child of my own someday. I know i'll make a very good mother in about 10 years.