Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 3:42 pm

AW GEE! I've been doing like 2 and 4-6 digit! 8-) Now I don't feel quite so bad. But hey, I'll start making sure I do that.

Steve

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 5:40 pm

SteveK wrote:
AW GEE! I've been doing like 2 and 4-6 digit! 8-) Now I don't feel quite so bad. But hey, I'll start making sure I do that.

Steve

Well what I'm doing is 5 xx X xx (xx beng a number between 10 and 100) calculations as fast as I can in my head every morning. My average time is now around 3-4 seconds. Practise makes perfect!

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2006, 5:53 pm

The tone of my post was merely a playful chide. Just so you know.

Steve

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 4:05 pm

SteveK wrote:
The tone of my post was merely a playful chide. Just so you know.

Steve

Oh! I'm sorry. I don't understand jokes sometimes. Apologies. I'm too literal.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2006, 5:55 pm

steelmaiden,

The sentence had the 8-). Anyway, I have the SAME problem. I guess we all do, But it IS nice to know you're not perfect. 8-)

And I DO appreciate your help.

Steve

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 3:40 pm

SteveK wrote:
steelmaiden,

The sentence had the 8-). Anyway, I have the SAME problem. I guess we all do, But it IS nice to know you're not perfect. 8-)

And I DO appreciate your help.

Steve

Steve,

HEY I never said I was perfect! Or is that a "playful chide"? I'm confused now.

Thanks for appreciation though.

We're all in-di-viduals!

Steel

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 4:04 pm

Sorry Steel Maiden,

I HATE BBS/email type communication. It really is hard to express some things. I know you never claimed to be perfect. I can't really express why precisely I said what I said. Let's just say it was a compliment to you!

And I really DO appreciate your help. It is funny. Languages seem to almost come intuitively to me now. I can actually think in some better than ever, and I haven't tried. If only I can get the vocabulary down. Some math is the same way. Maybe some day the rest will be also. I'm going to start doing those calculations, etc... in my head whenever I am in another boring meeting, etc...

Steve

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2006, 4:41 pm

SteveK wrote:
Sorry Steel Maiden,

I HATE BBS/email type communication. It really is hard to express some things. I know you never claimed to be perfect. I can't really express why precisely I said what I said. Let's just say it was a compliment to you!

And I really DO appreciate your help. It is funny. Languages seem to almost come intuitively to me now. I can actually think in some better than ever, and I haven't tried. If only I can get the vocabulary down. Some math is the same way. Maybe some day the rest will be also. I'm going to start doing those calculations, etc... in my head whenever I am in another boring meeting, etc...

Steve

Steve,
I understand and I am very sorry. If you feel like you cnanot continue this communication, I will understand. :) I'm sorry also because I don't understand things well. I take them too literally and I can be very rude sometimes without realising.
Good luck with the sums in your head, and I'm glad that you are feeling more confident with languages now!
Steel

PS: Hope that you have a good Christmas!