Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 6:51 pm

This is another subitizing test but this one requires you to enter a specific number. Don't worry, there aren't nearly as many dots as in the last one. This particular test can be adjusted for number of dots that appear. The goal here is to enter the correct number of dots as fast as you can. The dots won't disappear by themselves but the clock keeps running, the faster you do it the better. It also tracks for accuracy so you might have to juggle speed/accuracy a bit. You don't have to register to do this test but if you do register you can track your scores and percentiles compared to the other people who have taken the test. If you do decide to register it takes literally 30 sec. and, as always, I will never post a site where there's a trial period, demo, or involves receiving emails; absolutely no obligations on this site and it's completely free. *disclaimer* their population norms are kind of funky and I don't trust the population means too much.

Anyway, again try for 25 trial (meaning 25 dot patterns, not 25 sets of 10) and post your %correct and time in milliseconds (lower time = better). The default setting is 4-7 dots but it can be set at any range from 3-9. Please post the 4-7 default here for consistancy. Have fun :)

http://cognitivefun.net/test/3

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

70%. Most errors were due to missing the key I wanted and hitting the one next to it.
Average time: 1,130.10 ms

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

I was actually quite confused. I'm not a fast counter. :lol: I did 50 trials because I was so unnerved that it didn't stop.

73.47% correct; average time: 1,073.63 ms

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
70%. Most errors were due to missing the key I wanted and hitting the one next to it.

I have a problem with that too. I want my right finger to push a button but my left finger is the one that moves.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 8:28 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

I have a problem with that too. I want my right finger to push a button but my left finger is the one that moves.
Augh, yes! I hate that!

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

chaines321
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

I got:

88.00 813.85 ms

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:12 pm

This one was a bit more challenging than the other subtilizing quiz--I got 68%. Average time: 1,140.39.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:30 pm

I have NO clue how to tell my scores if I don't register. I'm sure it was terrible, though. Clearly, this test is not the same as that last one, which I scored 96% on. This one requires much more executive functioning. I still saw all the balls, but the answer I saw was rarely the right answer. I'd see all five balls, but I'd think there were four. And I also have a lot of trouble with tests where I have to press a certain key for a certain answer. My normal reaction time is very fast, around 275-300 ms. But that is when I'm solely asked to click when I see something. When I have to actually enter an answer and remember which key to press to enter the correct answer, I fail miserably. I have lots of trouble with go, no-go tests and other similar cognitive computer tasks for this reason.

Edit: I think I registered for this site once a while back. Forget my password and user name, naturally. Used it one night only. But I do remember that there's that n-back test or whatever, and I can't even do the SIMPLEST level of that. It's hard enough for me to remember a quick visual sequence in and of itself, but I am truly incapable of watching a sequence AND remembering what happened LAST when the sequence NEVER STOPS! :wall: But there's one test where you have to type in an ever-increasing string of nonsense letters that you see for only a few milliseconds. It is very similar to the number estimation test. Because I see everything, I was performing up to around 14 letters, if I recall correctly. Never could do it for numbers, though, due to my NVLD.

And, yes, I also have trouble with what Callista and others noted as far as hitting the wrong key. Especially if a key means one thing during one part of a test and then switches meaning in the next part. :roll:

Nash: Is there a difference?

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 3:54 am

[53 presentations]

1193.24 ms (deviation: 169.69 ms, min. 922 ms, max. 1501 ms)
1505.76 ms (combined)

79.24% correct

I always hit 7 instead of 6 when I didn't hit the right one.

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2012, 4:13 am

i got 1:180:45ms, and 81.82%
:D

obsession now says i will try and try again to better my scores

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 4:16 am

31 tests = 76.67% and 908.03 ms
25 tests = 72.00% and 769.36 ms
25 tests = 76.00% and 735.64 ms

There's nothing 'fun' about that test. It was an annoyance as like other mentioned I would use the wrong finger to respond sometimes.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 4:23 am

Nexus wrote:

There's nothing 'fun' about that test. It was an annoyance as like other mentioned I would use the wrong finger to respond sometimes.

Wouldn't you think that if you practice on this test your coordination would improve?

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 4:24 am

coolies wrote:
i got 1:180:45ms, and 81.82%
:D

obsession now says i will try and try again to better my scores

lol I'm obsessed with the digit span test there. Guess I'm easily amused.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 4:34 am

Rascal77s wrote:
Nexus wrote:

Wouldn't you think that if you practice on this test your coordination would improve?

I noticed it did just by the few times I did it, so yeah I suppose it would. My mind needs to be free from any distraction though as I had a T.V running in the background with other people even talking to me at some points. The real problem though was that I knew how many there were but the number was superimposed with it's neighbouring number. So if the real answer was 4, I would see 4-5 superimposed instead and used my intuition to pick whatever seemed correct. Then my fingers sometimes picked the wrong number of the two involuntarily.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 7:00 am

Nexus wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Nexus wrote:

I noticed it did just by the few times I did it, so yeah I suppose it would. My mind needs to be free from any distraction though as I had a T.V running in the background with other people even talking to me at some points. The real problem though was that I knew how many there were but the number was superimposed with it's neighbouring number. So if the real answer was 4, I would see 4-5 superimposed instead and used my intuition to pick whatever seemed correct. Then my fingers sometimes picked the wrong number of the two involuntarily.

I'm thinking the finger problem is going to be pretty common in our group. We're not the most coordinated folks. I was always very good at most sports, but if I had to catch a ball forget it. My hand coordination sucks. I've been typing for 20 years and I've just recently managed to start typing with 4 fingers and a thumb for space :lol:

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 7:09 am

OddDuckNash99 wrote:
I have NO clue how to tell my scores if I don't register. I'm sure it was terrible, though. Clearly, this test is not the same as that last one, which I scored 96% on. This one requires much more executive functioning. I still saw all the balls, but the answer I saw was rarely the right answer. I'd see all five balls, but I'd think there were four. And I also have a lot of trouble with tests where I have to press a certain key for a certain answer. My normal reaction time is very fast, around 275-300 ms. But that is when I'm solely asked to click when I see something. When I have to actually enter an answer and remember which key to press to enter the correct answer, I fail miserably. I have lots of trouble with go, no-go tests and other similar cognitive computer tasks for this reason.

Edit: I think I registered for this site once a while back. Forget my password and user name, naturally. Used it one night only. But I do remember that there's that n-back test or whatever, and I can't even do the SIMPLEST level of that. It's hard enough for me to remember a quick visual sequence in and of itself, but I am truly incapable of watching a sequence AND remembering what happened LAST when the sequence NEVER STOPS! :wall: But there's one test where you have to type in an ever-increasing string of nonsense letters that you see for only a few milliseconds. It is very similar to the number estimation test. Because I see everything, I was performing up to around 14 letters, if I recall correctly. Never could do it for numbers, though, due to my NVLD.

And, yes, I also have trouble with what Callista and others noted as far as hitting the wrong key. Especially if a key means one thing during one part of a test and then switches meaning in the next part. :roll:

I'm the opposite, I'm good with numbers but I couldn't get more than 5 on the consonant span you're talking about. I was even struggling with 5. But the N-back tests on that site would be a struggle for many, if not most, people on WP. Those are executive function tests. I scored 21 on the digit span test on that site yet I struggle with the numeric N back test set on 2 which is the lowest possible setting. The highest setting is 9. It's definitely not a problem with remembering numbers so it must be a severely F'ed up executive function. That's how I see it anyway.