Do/did you repeat things over and over again?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you repeat things multiple times for no apparent reason?
Yes 91%  91%  [ 60 ]
No 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 66

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2012, 7:54 am

Like playing a certain game or a couple of games over and over and over again, or watch a movie multiple times, etc for no apparent reason (not like Fable, where the storyline changes, I am talking about a static game like Zelda: Ocarina of Time, or Breath of Fire III)

I would mention music too, but I don't know if that is too different to listen to the same song for hours and hours on end.

But do you do something like this? And if so, what is it?

aspergerbil
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2012, 8:16 am

I repeat the same word over and over again. I also like to put a song on repeat and listen to it for the duration of my travel, if I am really into it.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 8:20 am

I make repetitive sounds. Get fixated on a few syllables, like "dikatadidakadikatadidaka" and just go on and on. Sometimes for an hour if I'm alone.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 8:23 am

Yes.

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2012, 8:42 am

Yes, about things of interest to me but also certain songs

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2012, 8:48 am

Yes, I'll play certain video games over and over listen to the same song for hours and watch various anime episodes/series over again as well.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

katwithhat
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

I like to listen to music that I know and watch movies over and over. I also repeat things in my head (frustrating!! !). If I don't know the music, I get a headache and it makes me really nervous and antsy. I can watch new movies but it always takes me a time or two more watching it to understand the whole thing.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

I used to watch movies over and over. Same with some songs. It drove my mom nuts when we went on road trips :lol:

I tend to get phrases from movies or parts of songs stuck on a loop in my head. It's really annoying when it's a song I can't stand!

When I was around 7 years old, my dad gave me an old lawn mower engine to play with. I'd spend hours sitting in the living room taking it apart and putting it back together over and over.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 11:27 am

I replay certain games because they're just fun for me, and i exercise every day and do exactly the same exercises, so yes i do things over and over xD

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

I love repetition.

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

Yes. I watch the same movies/youtube videos over and over again. I solve my Rubik's Cube over and over again. I listen to the same song on repeat for hundreds of times until I find a new one and do the same with that one. I get phrases stuck in my mind and I often quote things from movies and TV-series, multiple times. Etc.

I thrive on repeating things.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jun 2012, 12:37 pm

I have nonsense syllables running through my head or bits of songs or movie lines. I like to play games over and over, even if I have already solved them. I watch the same movies over and over and read some favorite books over and over, too. If I am not careful, I can repeat myself over and over too, which people find annoying because they think that I am implying that they are stupid. :oops:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Yes all the time i will tell someone the same thing i just told that person a few minutes ago then that person tells me "yeah you just told me" thats when things get awkward. :oops: I sometimes tend to do it because I think the person did not recieve the message so I say it again. I also repeat the same things over and over again when I am talking to myself too. :lol: Yeah I am weird. If there is a song I like or is stuck in my head that I like i will listen to it over and over and over again all day.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ictus75
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Left to my own devices, I will eat the same thing most everyday. I wear the same type of clothes all the time. I watch the same films over and over. I listen to certain music over and over. I say the same things over and over…

ddanne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

Yes, totally.

-Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

Oh yes. I used to think this was all normal too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.