Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jun 2012, 8:31 am

I get told a lot that I walk around expressionless and I often look bored or not interested, no matter what I'm doing. Does this have something to do with lack of eye contact?
I'm wondering who else hears this or similar things on a regular basis?

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2012, 8:52 am

I don't think the world sees me at all. I feel so invisible I wonder if I'm just a figment of someone's imagination sometimes

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 9:18 am

I'm a Fig Newton of my own imagination.

I think different people see me in different ways, depending on how they've gotten to know me. I sometimes get surprised by how they feel, in both good and bad ways. But I can't always make sense of why. I've found asking probably makes them feel weird if it's a good feeling and makes them have too much room to attack me more if they feel negatively, so I've learned not to do that with most people.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 9:20 am

i can not see through the "eyes of the world".

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 9:21 am

I have no idea how the world or a person sees me unless they would tell me in clear and unambiguous words. This is part of my ASD -- i simply don't get the cues NT's use to give each other feedback. For instance, a smile can have countless meanings, so how can i know whether it's meant as agreement, niceness, cynical, or anything else? No way.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

i wish that there was a type of telephone that had only a mouthpiece and no earpiece.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jun 2012, 9:51 am

I really couldn't tell you, and I don't see that as a particularly bad thing. Worrying about it used to drive me crazy. Now I just do what I think is right and let it go from there.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 9:53 am

One of my friends after telling him about the Aspergers diagnosis said "Yeah, I always thought you were from Mars, but hey, I don't think there's anything wrong with you."

But basically, people think I'm weird. And smart. And talented. But mostly weird. I don't know, I can say what individual people think, but as far as on a whole, no idea.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

The world sees me as a normal person but with a brightly-coloured aura around me that catches their eye and makes them stare at me without them knowing why. This aura quickly fades once somebody has gotten to know me or has become familiar with my face, and then they completely forget about the aura eerily quickly. Even if one is not facing towards me, if I am coming towards them they can sense the aura and it makes them turn round to look at me.

God knows what's going to happen when I die, if something eerie about me can be noticed when I'm alive......

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

A combination of this:

this:

this:

and this:

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 12:39 pm

People who don't know me probably see me as a combination of: on drugs, ret*d, poor, homeless, eccentric, depressed (this one may actually be true), or autistic (if they know what to look for). If they actually get a conversation going with me they usually see me as highly intelligent and educated-despite not even having finished an associates degree. In all cases though, they see me as odd.

The funny thing is though that once you get to know me I seem more normal than first impressions would let on. I was sitting with a friend last night and he told me that if I could just be like I am around him with everyone I meet that I would be fine. That's the problem though: I can't. If I haven't learned someone then I don't know how to respond to them.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

I think people think I'm intense, a little scatterbrained, focused, not as talented as I think I am, arrogant, a little hard to get along with...

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2012, 12:58 pm

I really can't tell.

On the occasions they tell me I'm frequently surpised.

I do think I often come across as more confident than I feel, or at least there have been occasions when I've explained I didn't feel that confident, and people have said they can't tell.

When I was younger I was convinced people found me weird, but I'm no longer sure if even this was true.

I try not be rude or offensive but otherwise I've given up trying to tell how others perceive me.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 2:16 pm

"I guess he must be working at a place where they get free promotional t-shirts, 'cause he sure use those two t-shirts alot." (I do not btw, I just own 10 of one type, and.. 25 of another type)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

The world sees me as a freak who is random hyper and able to speak foreign languages proficiently. When I explain things in scientific terminology, they avoid me completely.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

I think the world sees me as just another ordinary person.