Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 8:52 pm

I feel overwhelmed when around a group of people 20 or more usually. :-( I don't like loudness and everything has to be planned a certain way. My family has this idea just go with the flow if we get there we get there. For instance on a trip to Disney or some vacation or shopping IMO plan what/where we are going to go so we can get it done. Sadly my family doesn't think like this and believes Oh well we didn't ride Space Mountain. IMO it's not everyday! You get to go to Disney or vacation somewhere so it should be planned. If the plan is changed I panic and am confused and upset. If a job consists of different amounts I'm a wreck and have a meltdown and cry for example if you task is 10 things everyday yet some days it might be 30.

I can't ROLL with the punches!! ! Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks

sign,Brandy

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:33 pm

I just came back from a funeral a few hours ago, and I'm finally starting to calm down.

The crowd, the weeping, the physical touching ... I wanted to scream!

If the deceased hadn't been a personal friend, I wouldn't have gone at all.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:33 pm

Very familiar. Compromise is exhausting. It's up to you to define & defend your borders.

EQ: 6.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:39 pm

Thanks but my families views is you have to just go with the flow if you have more work than usual oh well just do it. Or a boss tells you do some other task you do it not break down crying meltdown confused on what to do. You don't plan every waking moment. Uh! I do or I'd forget what to do! Even basic chores I have to plan dishes/laundry/mopping/THEN I can finally watch tv/play videogames. I believe if you just went with the flow you'd miss out on so much! Oh well you didn't get on Space Mountain IMO! UH IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU GO TO DISNEY WORLD! IMO IT'S NOT IF WE MAKE IT WE MAKE IT IF WE DON'T WE DON'T! THAT IS TO ME THE WRONG ATTITUDE TO HAVE!! !! Go through life without a care! Oh well more paperwork or tasks than usual at the job oh well.

YOU'LL BE THINKING ON WELL I BELIEVE MAYBE THAT'S WHY YOU ARE SICK THEY ARE RUNNING YOU HARDER THAN USUAL 20 TASKS VS. USUAL 5. THE USUAL IS 5 AND YOU CAN'T JUST OUT OF NO WHERE DO 20!! !!

YET I'M THE WRONG ONE WITH ISSUES HERE. :-(

IdleHands
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2013, 4:05 am

Zelda-
Just be your own person. You do not have to conform to the way your family or any body else thinks so long as it does not effect self preservation; meaning don't lose your job over not wanting to conform.

What part of Florida are you in? I am wanting to band local autists together eventually.

Fnord-
I hate funerals. I take on the emotions of every person in the room; combine this with the sensory overload, large group of people, and a dead body in the room and you have one hell of a meltdown soup. Sorry for your loss (maybe one day I will actually feel for one's loss, but for now it is what I see other people say :/ )

Thousandpine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2013, 12:28 am

I feel odd in big social gatherings. I am an awkward person in almost every situation. I feel uncomfortable a lot because I never fit in anyone. I guess that's why I don't have close friends.

Take care.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 1:22 am

I avoid most social gatherings if I can. I've always been one to hang out one on one with a few friends who had little in common with each other. I find navigating group dynamics overwhelming, so I'm usually sitting quietly where I can make a quick exit if need be.

In most social situations I do get anxious. I'm never sure how I'm received, or if I've been inappropriate somehow. Since I have the great talent of inserting foot in mouth quite often, I tend to retreat rather than seek out people.