Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 4:44 pm

Oh how come I'm only one here who loves the heat? The hot weather brings out my confidence more and also lifts my mood. I don't like being hidden away under coats, I like to show my arms. I'm more sensitive to the cold so it has to be really hot in order for me to wear just a T-shirt. Also I like to sit out in the garden. You can't enjoy that much when it's cold and wet.

Also I hate snow. That is why I prefer the summer to the winter. I hate it when it snows. Snow disrupts plans, causes danger on paths and roads, and takes ages to melt. I hate to see heavy snow coming down and not being able to see the grass for weeks. I like it when you can just walk without having to walk gingerly.

arisu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2012, 4:46 pm

i despise heat. i was born in summer and my family's from the Caribbean but i can't stand it.

here in NYC, it's already gotten up to 100 (38) and it's only early summer. by august it might be much worse. the only saving grace is humidity. most people complain about the 90% humidity here in the summer but having lived here my whole life if i try to visit a desert climate (Los Angeles in the spring, perhaps) i feel like i'm dying. the dry air seems to suck the moisture out of me.

i do regularly think of ways to move to cooler climates, lol. a nice moderate climate or a very cold one would be lovely. cold doesn't bother me at all.

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 4:51 pm

starryeyedvoyager wrote:
Too cold: not a problem. Too hot: please kill me right now.

Yes!

I can come up no solution to this heat problem except staying in AC. Dry heat is one thing but you add humidity and forget it, no can do.
I can't think straight or function and any sensory stimulation in the heat make me overload. Its the hardest part of my AS for me to cope with, in fact. People say to eat smaller meals more often and to drink extra and that seems to help a little.

All I can say is, its gonna be a looooooooong summer so hope to see all you fellow heat haters on here.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 3:09 am

I hate the heat so much. It makes me feel horrible and sick and when it's hot I can't function or do anything but complain about how hot I am. This year it's especially bad since I moved into a new place and the air conditioner isn't helping at all. My other place was smaller and the air conditioner worked better there.

We got a new one yesterday but I'm worried that it won't be big enough and it's not in yet because my mother won't put it in herself.

In the summer I have the air conditioner on pretty much 24/7.

Eventually we want to have 2 air conditioners in but we need a new outlet for the second one.

I can't even have one in my bedroom because I have awning windows. My bedroom has been in the mid 80s all night lately so I can't sleep. :(

I had some animals die of heatstroke once so heat upsets me and every day I feel like I'm struggling just to keep my pets alive.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 1:07 pm

Holy s**t, I'm burning alive! A fan isn't enough and if I go out, aside from all the trouble caused by society's chaos, it's still unbearable as I can't go out unclothed!

I'm going to try to go to a pool tomorrow or something as this is impossible. I can't sleep, and I can't do anything awake. Anyone has any other suggestions?

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

I literally thought I was gonna die when I was out yesterday. I was on the bus fine, but once I got off, walked 5 minutes to the supermarket where they had sold out of icecubes and icelollies (this was what I went out for) I started walking 5 minutes up a road to go and pick up my medicine prescription and I really thought I was gonna collapse. I couldn't take the heat, I couldn't breathe, I felt like my ribs and back had crumbled, along with my legs.

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

I can't stand it being too hot. That's why winter is my favorite season. I can be cold and not care, but if it's 100 degrees and humid (like we often get where i live), I don't stand a chance. That's also why I'm sitting in the air conditioning instead of doing something *shudder* outdoorsy. :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

All I can say is I love this hot weather and I wish it could last constantly from April to October, still having rain but the temperature not being chilly and windy. Then rain all through the winter, no snow. Come on, jet stream, stay above the UK!! !! !! !!

Swordfish210
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

The heat again, sigh....

No offense to other people, but I personally hope this heat ends soon. I myself find that moving slowely and taking rest periods between going outdoors helps a lot. The above mentioned idea of having a cool pack in the fridge to place on your neck when you come home is also working wonderfully well.

Personally I am looking forward more than ever now to move to Ireland in a few weeks, it is supposed to be cooler there!
(Although I am sceptical since the English too complain about how bad the weather is, and in my opinion it is greatly underrated in terms of sun hours and rainfall. (note English and not British))

Sherlock Holmes in The Sign Of Four (1890), ch. 6

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 2:31 pm

Joe90 wrote:
All I can say is I love this hot weather and I wish it could last constantly from April to October, still having rain but the temperature not being chilly and windy. Then rain all through the winter, no snow. Come on, jet stream, stay above the UK!! !! !! !!

Move to Alabama, Joe. I don't even own a real coat.

But when I get too hot at work I chew on ice chips.

kraven
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2012, 2:34 pm

I was born in the American South too. I love the heat, and have since i was a kid.

Snow? Ice? Cold? no thanks.

The direct sun is what I love, but the muggy humid air is a real downer and overstims me big time.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

I am ok as long as it is nt humid. The humidity bothers me more than anything else. If it's 75 and very humid, I'm hating life. I'd rather it be 100 and a dry heat.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

Haing a higher-than-normal body temperature and being unable to regulate body temperature when sleeping makes ambiant heat all the more intolerable.

anomy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Heat totally sucks! Can't think and physically feel bad.

I've been known to migrate far distances to escape it!

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 11:25 pm

I love the heat.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the cold.

Maybe I should rephrase that. I love the warm, but not stifling hot weather. Anything below 70 is too cold.
I can't regulate temperature to keep my body heat up....when I get cold I get overstimulated.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 11:43 pm

I hate the hot weather I feel lethargic and I usually pull all my blinds down to keep the heat out and when its over 30 celsius then I put the air conditioner on still have to go outside to water the garden though its hard trying to keep plants alive in the stinking hot weather. :evil: