Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Le8369
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Nov 2006, 2:04 am

Yes, I do get over-excited, usually relating to my own imagination and thoughts or daydreams. I will also get excited when I'm proud of a certain thing I've created or showing people those things. The problem is, whenever I get overexcited I start doing my stime which is twisting my hands into fists and moving my fingers, looking like I want to blast off somewhere and I get restless motion-wise. 8O Cue the looks from people if they notice.

:lol:

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 10:37 am

Definitely. If there's something really, really good that has happened or that I'm looking forward to, it feels like a huge bubble of energy inside me that I've got to siphon off some of or I'll burst. If I can, I'll go somewhere on my own for a few minutes and jump around or dance on the spot and squeak/squeal. If I can't, I'm sitting or standing there wriggling and almost bouncing up and down. :)

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 6:47 pm

ghostgurl wrote:
Sometimes. Usually when I get excited my hands will shake or wring, in a stimmy way.

Hey, me too!!!I wore a hole in my friends' glove doing that at a football game!

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 9:47 pm

Sometimes when talking about topics I am interested in I talk in an ABSURDLY LOUD VOICE. I am getting better at it though.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2006, 10:49 pm

oh man i get like this all the time. once in high school a friend said to me "my god, you're like ten years old, are you ever serious?" (what he didn't know is that i was always happy and excited around him cause i liked him) Anyway, i get all excided and giddy over lots of things. Any of my interests, a special event (which doesn't even have to be that special), any kind of positive overstimulation, etc. Today my history of toys class (i go to art school) took a field trip to the children's museum for the sole purpose of playing. i had so much fun i ran around and touched and looked at everything (only in detailed pieces of course-can never see an entire scene as a whole) and talked fast and loud and social cues went out the window. it was so fun, and acceptable afterall, because its all in the sake of my college education :D

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2006, 11:06 pm

I have to spend an enormous amount of effort to keep from getting over excited.

In the past, it has caused some uncomfortable moments. For me and others. I've had a couple of over-excited freak outs. I get hyper and it's very difficult to come down.

I have exercized a tremendous amount of self restraint the last 15 years. It's been so difficult I don't want to control myself in this way. I want to be happy. I just want to be me for a change. For the first time in a looong time.