The worst thing a bully has done to you

Page 11 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next

Zoneixo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

I remember the time these random boys a lot older than me used to push me down the flight of stairs in my highschool, they also used to call me "ret*d" all the time and spit on me, and another time they'd also end up beating me with rulers just to get me to say something...it was horrible D: still haunts me from this day...

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 6:31 pm

Let me go down the list.

Beat me up (simple punches, kick to the legs, stepped on my feet and pushed me down, and bashed me mercilessly with a deflated dodge ball 6 or 9 times)
Attacked my Misophonia by making the sounds I constantly hate
Gas lighting
In name calling, I was called Burp Kid back when burping started bothering me first before other mouth sounds did. Calling me ret*d. I was also called Chrisperger because my name is Chris and kids thought Asperger's was stupid and I only heard that name once.
Insulting my family
Insulting my face
Pretending to flirt with me (guys of course) when I never once hinted about my sexual orientation.
Made the dating world more complicated now that women make fun of me as much as guys can so I don't know who to trust with the knowledge of my neurological disorders.
Poked me when I wasn't looking and ran.
Turned my littlest brother against me.
Following me to the bathroom and claiming I sound like a girl when said go away and kicking the door in because all the locks were busted and some stalls didn't have doors and then claiming I was peeing sitting down. I was actually going number 2. Why? Do they go number 2 standing up?
Killed my cat and all this time I thought she ran away.
Laughed at me when I was serious.
Laughed at me when I was depressed
Laughed at me when I angry
Laughed at me when I flipped them off
Throwing small objects at me
Lying to me
Deceiving me
Attempting a fake fundraiser to help cure my disorder when they don't realize how stupid that is
Ambushing me to attack my misophonia
Blocking my path
Convincing the teachers they are innocent
Sitting next to me on the bus to get big shot at my misophonia that way
Having a casual conversation that involved making sounds I didn't like then looking at me and saying "Oops sorry. didn't see you there." I've been standing nearby in clear view for a while and they didn't see me?
Ignoring my lectures
Taking a picture of me when I was asleep during that camping field trip
Telling me my cartoon drawings are stupid when he drew a bada** looking guy with a Nazi symbol tattoo on his shoulder. I told him "Are you trying to be offensive to minorities especially Jews?" He looks at my drawings of super heroes and villains and says "Are you trying to be offensive to comic book characters especially super villains?"
That's all I can think of for now.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Last edited by Aspiegaming on 31 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unseen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

A bully broke my glasses, so for the rest of the day I could hardly do anything at school...

Comp_Lex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jan 2013, 1:09 pm

I am sooooo suprised that I end up on this website while not really looking for it :roll:
I feel right at home already actually. I think I may have "mild Asperger", but I'm not sure. I tend to take things litteraly, I'm the last person who gets the joke, I seem socially awkward, etc. What I do have is social anxiety, zero self-esteem, frustration, having the constant feeling that I'm different from others. I rationally know what is wrong with me and how I am supposed to feel and stuff, but the fears and feelings are irrational.

The worst thing a bully did to me was trying to set me on fire. I still remember every detail of that event. I can still see their smiling faces, I still see them lighting the matches. They threw them at me or hold them near my jacket. I was scared s**tless, because they were also the guys who beat me up regularly. I think I am lucky that I was able to get away :o

Yeah, that was definitely the worst thing beside the beatings. Some guy also wanted to strike me with a hammer, but he didn't do it so it wasn't so bad.

I also was socially isolated. I just discovered last year that the isolation and the negative thoughts about myself were absolutely not normal. I am almost 27 by the way.
I've never been in a relationship before, it troubles me a bit but it's kinda okay because I have appearance issues that I have to resolve first. Yes, appearance does matter and it is the most important thing. Don't try to convince me otherwise. It's a waste of your time and effort.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

What also annoys me greatly that I'm treated as a child all the time. I really should say something about that :x

Luska
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm

Comp_Lex wrote:
I am sooooo suprised that I end up on this website while not really looking for it :roll:
I feel right at home already actually. I think I may have "mild Asperger", but I'm not sure. I tend to take things litteraly, I'm the last person who gets the joke, I seem socially awkward, etc. What I do have is social anxiety, zero self-esteem, frustration, having the constant feeling that I'm different from others. I rationally know what is wrong with me and how I am supposed to feel and stuff, but the fears and feelings are irrational.

The worst thing a bully did to me was trying to set me on fire. I still remember every detail of that event. I can still see their smiling faces, I still see them lighting the matches. They threw them at me or hold them near my jacket. I was scared s**tless, because they were also the guys who beat me up regularly. I think I am lucky that I was able to get away :o

Yeah, that was definitely the worst thing beside the beatings. Some guy also wanted to strike me with a hammer, but he didn't do it so it wasn't so bad.

I also was socially isolated. I just discovered last year that the isolation and the negative thoughts about myself were absolutely not normal. I am almost 27 by the way.
I've never been in a relationship before, it troubles me a bit but it's kinda okay because I have appearance issues that I have to resolve first. Yes, appearance does matter and it is the most important thing. Don't try to convince me otherwise. It's a waste of your time and effort.

What also annoys me greatly is that I'm treated as a child all the time. I really should say something about that :x

Your English is perfect.

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2013, 4:55 pm

pull my pants down in front of everyone then pick me up and throw me into a trashcan. Someone caught it on video too and it was on Youtube for a while.

jk

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

Someone tried by putting ink in my hair then he hurt my fists with his face. Mostly have been more aggressive than most.

You are very likely an Aspie

Murderface
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

Comp_Lex wrote:

What also annoys me greatly that I'm treated as a child all the time. I really should say something about that :x

I just sort of fell into this to, welcome to WP. I thought I was alone with the way I see and do things. Your English is fine

You are very likely an Aspie

Luska
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2013, 2:24 pm

Unseen wrote:
A bully broke my glasses, so for the rest of the day I could hardly do anything at school...

That is very frustrating and glasses are expensive. I know how that feels.

ciara8184
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2013, 3:16 pm

Luska wrote:
Unseen wrote:

That is very frustrating and glasses are expensive. I know how that feels.

Me tooooooooooo :nerdy:

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2013, 4:00 pm

For me, it was mostly verbal abuse and being ostracized, but I did have my book bag dumped often in class, and having gum in my hair was pretty much a daily thing in the 7th grade which is when the bullying was at its peak. My family moved that summer, so I got to go to a different middle school across town where I was able to fit in with the other band geeks from the 8th grade through high school. The interesting thing is that when I was in college, a former bully apologized and since I had blocked out much of the incidents, it took me a long time to remember who that person was. I forgave that person because I could tell that he only participated due to peer pressure and fear of being bullied himself.

I even don't remember a teacher who bullied me, but my mom does and still holds a grudge against her to this day. Another teacher a couple of years later didn't believe my mom when she chaperoned a field trip and witnessed some of the bullying, as my mom was told it was something she made up. My mom didn't believe that my algebra and geometry teacher was nasty until she saw in my senior yearbook that someone else said that their worst moment in high school was "getting into a fight" with my teacher. This teacher was hard on people who didn't get the material, even if we did do the work. I now think that I might have had dyscalculia because while I could understand the basics in math, algebra and higher math was the hardest subject for me. The effort I put in algebra and geometry to earn that D would have given me A's in every other class. Even then, most of my bullies have been students, not teachers.

incorrigible
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2013, 5:48 pm

the exploitation and manipulation have always been horrible for me, but I think the worst is that people have such a strong desire to believe (and make others believe) I'm some kind of evil monster. I've always been very high achieving and very compassionate and eager to please. All of those things seem to just enrage people, especially authority figures.

I brought an apple for a teacher once, and once class had begun she went on a yelling screaming tirade about it. Her premise was that I had been given an apple in my lunch that I didn't want, and had given it to her to get rid of it. The way she went on, you'd think I had stolen her lunch and forced her to eat a rotting apple in it's place or something! That was 6th grade.

In 3rd grade, I raised my hand and asked permission to go to the bathroom shortly before the first recess. I always had to go to the bathroom at the same time every day, and would end up sitting back in my seat maybe 3 minutes before recess. The teacher always acted annoyed, but she was always annoyed at everything I said or did, so I have no way of knowing if she gave me any sign that there was something special about this issue. Anyway, she told me no. Then, she wouldn't let me go out to recess as punishment for distracting the class with my request to use the restroom. For the whole rest of the day!! ! I wasn't allowed out of my seat for anything, even at lunch time. Of course, I wet my pants A LOT right in the middle of class. Suddenly, she was all understanding and walked me to the bathroom to change (luckily I had a change of clothes in my bag for playing in at daycare after school) and when we were in private she told me I should have let her know I had to go...and in the future just raise my hand and ask to go to the bathroom, or go at recess, instead of letting it get so out of control. I can only imagine there was someone listening that I wasn't aware of, but she did that kind of mind game attitude change on me a lot. This is the same teacher that would bring me in front of the class and berate me not having a father and tell me both that his living so far away was why I was such a "horrible little creature" and that my mother was disgusting (usually accompanied by a twisted retelling of something said or done by my mom in her presence) for having chosen me over my father.

In reality, my father was most certainly undiagnosed ASD. The reasons my mom gave for leaving him could be summed up as "because he was autistic", really. She HATED him and even more so HATED me for being like him. She was incredibly abusive because she was so full of anger toward me for thinking/feeling/acting in ways she disliked. My dad adored me and as far as I can tell his #1 concern in life was to do right by me and give me any advantage. The fact that he loved me so much and I adored him so much was why she chose to harass me on that specific topic.

I've always read and written very well but very slowly. In first grade, my teacher was certain I was really just stalling and refusing to do my work all the time. So, she put a desk in the coat closet. When I didn't have something done in time, I had to stay in there and work on it until recess. I could still hear the class and would still participate after my work was done. (I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do while in the closet, once the purpose for putting me there was over. I still have no idea what behavior was actually expected of me) Anyway, she got frustrated and started putting the desk outside in the snow, instead. Eventually the principal stopped by after I'd finished my work one day, and I explained my punishment - very pleasantly, because I assumed I deserved it for not writing fast enough. The principal told her that she couldn't leave me unsupervised like that because I could just wander off and the school would be liable. So, she arranged to place a desk in the coat closet of another classroom so the other teacher would be responsible for me. Since I was so quiet and well behaved, it was no problem for the other teacher. And, since it wasn't my class I didn't try to participate, so my teacher was finally able to achieve whatever her goal was. I'd finish my work, then sleep until I could return to my class at recess.

In Jr. High, a teacher physically attacked me for not getting my homework out of my backpack fast enough. She was pretty cruel and awful to begin with. The other students got in the way, and got me out of the classroom, and one of them told me to go to the office and tell my councilor what happened. I got there and he sent me to the nurse. Apparently I looked GOD AWFUL because, unknown to me, I had a fever of 103.7

In grade school, a group of kids decided I was a Nazi (they were studying them in class, I guess) and jumped me. They beat the holy crap out of me. Once I was on the ground just moaning because I couldn't stand or think of anything but the pain, they carved a swastica into my arm with a pocket knife. I still have the scar, but luckily it just looks like a kind of deformed square now and is so tiny that you can barely notice it unless I point it out. Of that incident, you know that part that was the worst for me though? That I'm not German! If I was, I probably wouldn't even remember it now. It was always the not understanding why they did these things that got me about bullies. If my ancestry was German (it's almost all Irish) I could see them just not understanding that not all Germans are/were Nazi's. And, I could feel bad they hurt me, but kind of identify with the desire to hurt Nazis so I'd get over it so long as it didn't happen again. As an adult, not so much...but as a kid I was under the impression it was totally reasonable for people to hurt you when you did things they didn't like.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 4:13 pm

Verbal abuse and being an outcast were the main things. One of the worst things I can remember were two people ganging up on me during a bus ride and threatening to shut my fingers in the window. Poked with pencils, shoved down slides, had stuff thrown at me. I know it doesn't seem like alot, but the mental scars are still there nonetheless.

Luska
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2013, 4:55 am

ADoyle90815 wrote:
Even then, most of my bullies have been students, not teachers.

But still, teachers like that should not even be called teachers.

Liv_a_Little92
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jan 2013, 7:19 am

Bullies didn't do anything to me physically (cause of a certain Hardcover book I always had)but they bullied a different way.

I didn't notice it at first until about grade 3 grade 4 but the bullies managed to turn all kids to do the same thing. Completely ignore me. No one would talk to play game with me or interacted with me on any level. When I finally did gain friends of my own a bully worked her way into my friendship group and slowly made them do the same thing which I realized after the holiday before our first day in year seven, where when I walked up to my so called friends and asked what they did for the holidays. Instead of replying they turned around and walked away. it took me two years to try an reach out to my peers again.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 10:21 am

First of all, before I start, I would like to show my sympathy for everybody in this thread who has been bullied. There is no excuse for anything anybody has done to you.
*Virtual hugs for those who can endure hugs (by strangers).*

Not sure where to start, trying to keep the long story short:
In second grade during a break, a newcomer in class approached me fast and I was kicked full speed into an "uncomfortable spot". Nobody seemed to have seen or cared about that as I was lying on the ground. Believe it or not, my main thought in that moment was "I'll be late to class" and I was even afraid of being scolded by the teacher - regardless of the situation. The motives for the action of this kid? I have no idea.

This person later turned out to become the main bully I had to deal with for a long time. He was in a taekwondo course outside school which made it even more unfair in my opinion.
I began to wear a belt the day after such stuff like attempts of having your pants pulled down started to happen, then it started to worsen.
He harassed me verbally, spread rumours, stole my stuff, tore my drawings and broke my pencils (I love drawing on a side note), beat me, twisted the tip of my new pen and seemed to have quite some influence in class. Later, after graduating to gymnasium (I guess that's what you could call high school here in Germany..?), he managed to turn the entire class against me the second year at the latest. I managed to have a small friend circle at that time.
The problem was it didn't last long. He managed to corrupt my friends who literally at one day all of the sudden ignored me, pushed me away and even joined the club themselves and started to harrass me.
I wasn't even able to eat in a break because my food ended up on the ground, a trashcan or even the toilet, so I got used to get through the average school day without eating there.
Being followed and harassed on your way back home after school was not really pleasant either. My parents couldn't help because they had to work at that times when I came back from school and my brother still had school. When there was snow, they stayed for a while in front of my home hidden behind cars and as soon as they saw I was checking if they were gone through the window, a snowball hit the glass and they shouted and insulted me directly afterwards. Doesn't sound all that bad, but it was the feeling of not even being safe at home, that you didn't get a break. Thankfully they usually left after about 15 minutes and didn't even show up on Wednesdays because my mother was home then. Phone pranks were common too.

Back to school:
No teachers being present or teachers who simply thought everything that happened on the playground was just a "game" (no more on my school because of some sexual harassment affair and they probably thought it was not serious just because I wasn't crying when begging for help and the others were following me laughing and acting as if this was a game) and thinking I would make things up because I wanted attention were no real support either. They thought I was overly paranoid and just imagining that pretty much the entire class picked on me in the end. Later on, even pupils from other forms joined the "fun", then things were thrown at me, stuff stolen, my bicycle damaged (yes, they even thought it would be funny to play with the breaks), being threatened regulary, excluded from pretty much every activity unless they wanted to exploit any of my skills, I was blamed for things I didn't do and it was not just once that I was the "guilty guy".
If a teacher thinks that it can be solved with court-style justice, that's absolutely stupid.
Being a lone victim opposing a group of at least five bullies if not half the class and the teacher making a decision based on "honest answers" from all people is ineffective (mildly said). My answer was of course the minority, so I was obviously guilty, a liar...
If there is any teacher reading this: This kind of solution will rarely work and just encourages the bullies to go on (they see they can get away with it and the victim is being punished, basically what they wanted).

But nonetheless, I think the worst are the results of all this: Being betrayed and hurt by people you considered "friends" and have the feeling of loneliness, feeling hopeless because it doesn't seem to end (I refused to go to school for a while and my parents tried to encourange me to do so), a lack of direct support in class and most of my torture being started by just that one person, that intruder in my previously calm life, and as others mentioned earlier:
Starting to believe it was all your own fault - which is not true.

The result of the several years of bullying is most likely my now miserable health which began with lots of appointments and two long hospital visits of which the second one was quite serious.
I will never ever be able to forgive that person, even if I wanted to. Apparently he seems to have some serious mental issues because he didn't change in any way - not in the slightest! He is still a monumental 4-h0l€. Of course the best thing was the behaviour of his mother: "My son? No, he would never do that, he is such a friendly and kind child" and that I was the bully who tried to make him look bad or whatever - apparently a family issue. The irony is that if someone insulted him (not even the way he insulted me), he was highly offended himself and became aggressive.

Not sure whether it was a good idea to type that down and being reminded by it, it downed my mood to be honest. :?

Last edited by Sylvastor on 15 Jan 2013, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.