The worst thing a bully has done to you

Page 3 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next

GreenShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2012, 10:49 am

... I was thinking that I have bad memories... but when I'm reading this topic... :?

Who the hell created this world???

I always complained about my school-years "dangerous psycho-kid" label and social ostracism - and I have to stop it now :?

Ok, many times I had to fight to defend myself (you really don't want to know), but at least no one tried to bully me more than once...
so then no one tried to humiliate me :?

(cause local bullies always searched for" the weakest in herd" to torment this person - they was too chicken-hearted to pick someone who could fight back)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:28 pm

GreenShadow wrote:
... I was thinking that I have bad memories... but when I'm reading this topic... :?

I know. Being made to stand on the bus because no one would let me sit by them and being poked with pins in class and being followed around by groups of kids threatening me whenever I went outside sounds idyllic compared to what these others went through.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:46 pm

Reading this thread makes me realize just how s*****y most people are. Sure, they're nice to their friends, but as soon as someone dares to step out of what they consider normal, they turn into monsters. :(

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:52 pm

Worst thing? Chased off people who wanted to be my friends. This is the usual tactic of females, at least, WHITE females. Its ugly & damaging far beyond name calling or fistfights..

Sincerely,
Matthew

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

If we're talking about physical bullying, at school I was attacked without provokation from behind on the stairs leaving class, getting my hair pulled and punches, another time this girl wacked me in the back (again from behind) with a wooden hockey stick leaving the gym and then lay in wait for me in the changing rooms to attack me as I entered. All the others stood around in a circle egging her on. I was then followed home from school getting jeered and threatened about the next time. I could go on. Bullying seemed to follow me around, as I was moved from one school because of it and then suffered all the above. I agree that bullies single out the quiet, innocent and niave people, they seem to have an animal instinct for who they can victimise. I wouldn't have said boo to a goose and I kept myself to myself, didn't bother anyone or say bad about anyone, yet still I got bullied. Great world. Is it any wonder that people on the spectrum find the world a scary and dangerous place.

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2012, 1:03 pm

I've been bullied pretty much every year of my life except for the last 2. The worst incidents that stick out are having my coat and other possessions stolen and shoved down a toilet when I was 7, being 9 and having an older boy threaten to rape me at a holiday playscheme, and from age 13 to 14 enduring a year of emotional and verbal abuse at school which led to me going to bed every night hoping I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I never actually attempted suicide but I thought about it a LOT that year.

chaines321
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2012, 1:07 pm

Mine wasn't as bad, I think because I was able to stand up to the people. It was mostly when I was younger and was by the neighborhood kids.
When I was about 6, these older ones made fun of me for playing with my plastic sword and plastic knight armor stuff.

About age 9, these 2 kids all of a sudden said I couldn't ride my bike at this certain place but I didn't listen to them so they stared to chase me and I had to try to run away from them. The girl started throwing rocks at me and then her brother chased me with a plastic shovel and got me to the ground and was trying to hit me with it, but I was kicking at it. Then a little later he tried to kick me but I grabbed his leg and pulled and he fell down and started crying and said he was going to tell his dad. Later my Mom came out and yelled at them and they left me alone after that.

People at school would call me names and also do stuff, but I wouldn't know when they were actually picking on me and my friends would tell me they are actually being mean, but they would stop cause I guess it wasn't fun picking on me when I didn't even know they were.

On the bus in middle school, there was a kid who picked on me cause I was obsessed with nascar (my special interest at the time). He would steal my hat and hold it out the window and try to steal my backpack. He would say stuff to me, but I don't remember what he said cause he was being mean and I didn't want to listen.

I've gotten in a physical fight over bullying at school before because I could take being worried about the person and dealing with it. There was pushing the first day, but the third day I just decided to end it and punched her.

Also, being interested in skateboarding, I've been going to the skatepark since I was 9 and people can being really mean to you no matter what age. I'm not the best at skating but I try really hard, but it's hard when you can't skate with others cause they'll just be mean to you.

Those are the big highlights of memories I have from being bullied. Everyones bullied, usually verbally so of course everyone has those memories.

N0tYetDeadFred
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2012, 6:04 pm

Punched in stomach, bodyslammed, pushed into a urinal...I agree with some others that none of those are really as bad as the verbal abuse though...

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:23 pm

Most of the things described on this thread are criminal acts punishable by law or suitable to sue in Court. What I don't understand is where were the parents of these victims of crime? How can it be that some here tell that they were done things repeatedly, how come after the FIRST time they were still sent to the same school with nothing changed in the circumstances? And those teachers and headmasters, how come they were not sued or reported to the Education Ministry by the parents? It all sounds surreal to me, because I was a teacher too, and I know that for a millionth of that, I would've been fired, sued and jailed. Especially the "counselor" that said the victim was to blame for the violence of the criminals.

I've never been bullied but people have tried to bully me (in adulthood only) countless times, only to find themselves sitting at the Police Station trying to get out of the interrogation as unharmed as possible. Or otherwise terrified of me and what I'm capable of.

Eg: Nowadays people try to bully me into stopping to manage a TNR colony. I photograph them, follow them home (all the while screaming "HELP!" so they won't attempt anything against me, because people are watching), note their address, go to the Police and report them for sexual harrassment, then mail them a copy of the Police report of my complaint. When they see me again, they cross to the other sidewalk. And all this without anyone moving a finger to help me either in the street or the very Police.

Bullying is intimidation. What you guys were is victims of crime.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 7:58 pm

FireBird wrote:
The teachers were always on the bullies side because they claimed that I made myself a target by being different. Sometimes the teachers themselves would call me, "stupid, dumb, incapable of doing anything useful, and other horrible things."

Same here. My teachers and my parents told me that the bullying was my fault, that I brought it on myself by "insisting on being different all the time."

My fourth grade teacher made me sit in a big cardboard box for most of the year. It was a big appliance box and she put my entire desk in there and told me, in front of the whole class, that I had to sit in there because it made her sick to look at me.

That sort of action just sends a message to the bullies that it's open season on the kid in the box.

Sparrow

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

If your parents knew and agreed, then you weren't bullied in school, you were a victim of serious parental abuse. Your parents not doing anything to stop the violence / harrassment is cooperation with crime and also punishable by law.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 8:24 pm

One of two incidents;

1. Forced my face into a puddle of mud and made me walk around school all lunch break this way as 'no one wants to see your ugly face'.

2. Stole my shoes - middle of winter, I had to walk home barefoot in the snow...after they had already stolen my coat the week earlier too.

Bullying happened, it's over so it doesn't bother me - my mind is very good at disassociating itself from past bullying, abuse and other nasty stuff. Although I'll admit incident #1 possibly contributes to my BDD, along with all the other bullying for how I look :?

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

abstract
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2012, 8:44 pm

When I was in Kindergaten a fifth grader punched me in the face. I didn't know the kid, hadn't interacted with him and have no clue why he punched me. He said that he tried to punch me in the stomach. I still to this day have no clue why he punched me.

One bully (in 7th. Grade) stole my pencil bag with a 16GB flash drive in it ($80 at the time). He later stole a Mac Book from the school and someone's iPod touch. However, his grandfather was the mayor of the town the school was in so the (private) school was very reluctant to kick him out. Someone stole my expensive North Face jacket and calculator in 7th. Grade and I was really upset. I suspected it was him but couldn't prove it.

In 9th. Grade one bully kept kicking my chair in English class. I ignored him after years of experience with bullying. The teacher noticed one day and told him that she could see my desk shaking. He persisted throughout various classes so I tied his shoelaces to the desk. He was later kicked out after stealing keys from the school to get tests which he then sold to students.

On a school trip in ninth grade there was this one kid who was really short (>5ft). He was scrawny and it was clear to me that he had a hormone deficiency. He was a total nerd and had few friends. Anyway, I had to sit with him at dinner and he bragging about how wealthy his family was and was going on and insulting me at various instances. He kept trying to shine a flashligh in my eyes. The people at the table where quiet amused By this at my expense. Anyway, he was bragging about how his dad has a BMW M3... he asked me what my dad drove... I informed him that he has a BMW M5... This shut him up for a while.

I am just under six feet but grew early and was the tallest in my class and I was built very well from a young age. It really bothered me being picked on by people half my weight that I could knock out in one blow.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
Same here. My teachers and my parents told me that the bullying was my fault, that I brought it on myself by "insisting on being different all the time." My fourth grade teacher made me sit in a big cardboard box for most of the year. It was a big appliance box and she put my entire desk in there and told me, in front of the whole class, that I had to sit in there because it made her sick to look at me. That sort of action just sends a message to the bullies that it's open season on the kid in the box.

my parents were the same way, they never should have gotten together in the first place to have children, IMHO. but they did, for better or worse. and that sorry excuse for a "teacher" needed to be stripped of her license and brought up on charges of child abuse, IMHO.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Sparrowrose wrote:
Same here. My teachers and my parents told me that the bullying was my fault, that I brought it on myself by "insisting on being different all the time." My fourth grade teacher made me sit in a big cardboard box for most of the year. It was a big appliance box and she put my entire desk in there and told me, in front of the whole class, that I had to sit in there because it made her sick to look at me. That sort of action just sends a message to the bullies that it's open season on the kid in the box.

my parents were the same way, they never should have gotten together in the first place to have children, IMHO. but they did, for better or worse. and that sorry excuse for a "teacher" needed to be stripped of her license and brought up on charges of child abuse, IMHO.

I doubt that teacher is even still working. Fourth grade was 34 years ago. Miss Puckett is at or approaching retirement age now.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

IN my case, in the bad old days, you either stood up to the bullies or you were seen almost as too weak or stupid to survive. Almost a Darwinian thing..
Of course, in School usually the bullies walked away as I got punished. One time though, I actually had the principle of a new Middle/High School stand up for me. What a novel experience!
But physical bullying was not always unbearable for me.
It was the ostracism that hurt. The weapon of choice for female bullies, of course. As someone wrote " It was one thing to walk-away from people or situations, it was something else to be EXCLUDED from them." It REALLY hurt.

Sincerely,
Matthew