Page 3 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2012, 7:51 am

My mom always cut my hair way short, between a few mm and a few cm.
She just now told me (28 years too LATE!! !) she had to cut it like that because I freaked the hell out when she tried to wash my hair and it was starting to scab over or whatever.
I *also* had a huge problem with the hairdresser, which resulted in violent meltdowns.
Basically my scalp was a complete no touching zone.

So now I am letting it grow uncontrolled. At about 26 cm now (just an estimate).
I cannot stand it getting in my face at all, so I wear this every second I'm not lying in bed:
http://www.drogisterij.net/producten/23 ... avanna.jpg

Awesome solution!

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test: You scored 132 aloof, 126 rigid and 132 pragmatic. IQ: 139. AQ: 45/50

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

i flowbee my hair twice a year, whether or not i need it. i have large ears and a long horsey head/face that needs long hair to balance things out. as it is cut, my hair never gets in my eyes to any major degree, and it covers my ears to my satisfaction.

Erminetheawkward
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2012, 11:45 am

I'm female and have a pixie cut, 3 inches long at the most. Luckily I have the face shape and hair type to pull it off well.

I really like it because it's low maintenance, and I can sculpt it at will. I can change up my hair a lot just by the way I style it. Also, my hair is really fine and straight-ish so it looks flat as soon as I get past chin length and tangles really easily when it's long. There's just so much hassle getting long fine hair to look good.

Also I find it appropriate in that I have a "male brain" thanks to AS and a female body. Nice mix of the two.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

I grew my hair long after watching "The Big Lebowski" once too often. Yet somehow I never achieved that kind of laid back calm. Actually I think I grew it long because I wanted to come across as a bit more "artistic" than I do with short hair. Apparently I just came across as "autistic" but I guess I'm ok with that.

I used to tie it back into a pony tail with those cloth covers rubber bands and that mostly kept it out of my face, but there were a few strands that always pulled out and kept poking me in the eye. After two or three years of this, I got it cut really short a couple of weeks ago. What is great is I no longer have long strands of hair showing up in dust bunnies around the house or in my food. My shower drain isn't getting clogged anymore. And one of my friends has stopped with the snide remarks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:09 pm

jagatai wrote:
And one of my friends has stopped with the snide remarks.

with "friends" like that, who needs enemies?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:09 pm

spending 4 years in the mean green pigshaved machine permanently broke me of ever having short hair.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

I have very long hair. It's passed my butt, now. I don't mind having long hair as much as I do short hair. Short hair requires a lot of maintenance keeping it out of my eyes and putting it up and out of my face. Long hair just stays put with minimal effort. Not to mention that it keeps me warm when it's cold out.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Kinme wrote:
I have very long hair. It's passed my butt, now. I don't mind having long hair as much as I do short hair. Short hair requires a lot of maintenance keeping it out of my eyes and putting it up and out of my face. Long hair just stays put with minimal effort. Not to mention that it keeps me warm when it's cold out.

how comfortable is it when the mercury exceeds 100F/90% humidity?

Hiddencreations
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2012, 12:24 pm

At first I thought I would hate short hair, but now I actually prefer it. I like a pixie cut, just enough bangs but not enough to wear it's covering my eyes. Sometimes I get mistaken as a guy, but I think it's the clothes I wear rather than the hair. The thing that I find funny is that generally with the haircut I'm told I have an edgy, energetic look and that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kinme wrote:

how comfortable is it when the mercury exceeds 100F/90% humidity?

Which is why I put my hair up. Doesn't bother me.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
jagatai wrote:

I like to think she was just turned on by my long hair and used sarcastic comments to hide her attraction. :lol: :lol: :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:10 pm

jagatai wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
jagatai wrote:

I like to think she was just turned on by my long hair and used sarcastic comments to hide her attraction. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i will never understand that kind of psychology. why can't they be upfront about what they feel?

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2012, 1:11 pm

hair is past my butt.... goes into a knot on the back of my head most days... much easier to deal with than when it was ultra short (20 years ago) and had to be styled every day. This way I don't have to curl, and use hair products to hold the curl.... yuck.

qsPyro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2012, 1:12 pm

Deleted

Last edited by qsPyro on 11 Aug 2012, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

god made a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

qsPyro wrote:
Male and female humans alike, I think we should all have clean shaven heads. Who's with me?!

NO.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html