Page 4 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:22 pm

being bald is easier but it doesn't look that good on most people. i will therefore, keep my long hair as long as i can, god-willing.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

I have mid-length hair. I prefer it a bit shorter than that, but I'm cheap about haircuts (I won't go to a cheap place to have it cut, either, I'm fussy).

I'm not bothered what length of hair my partner have, though I prefer shortish hair on both men and women. Let's me see their face more.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:24 pm

qsPyro wrote:
Male and female humans alike, I think we should all have clean shaven heads. Who's with me?!

I wouldn't really care.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 1:28 pm

hail to thee, inventor of the flowbee :)

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2012, 1:33 pm

I'm female, and I find that the best length for my hair is around chin length, as I have a lot of fine hair, and when it gets long, it just hangs there, even when I have it cut in layers. I still get it in layers, and now that I have been laid off from work and no longer have to worry about being able to tie my hair back, I can get shorter layers put in next time I get it cut. I've had really short hair in the past, and I've been called "Sir" too many times to do that again, as I prefer to wear pants instead of skirts or dresses.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

At the moment, my hair is short. I cut it myself and got my hubby to tidy up the back. It will not stay like this for very long. It grows so fast that it will be away down my back again in a year or so. I will trim it every so often to make sure it stays in a decent style as it grows, but it will be long again, no doubt about that. I do this quite often. I've had Halle Berry style pixie cuts several times, in between styles down to my waist.

Having short hair is weird for me. I see myself as a long hair person (no idea what that means, but that's how I feel about myself). I have masses of curls, which kind of define how people see me. When my hair's short, they don't see that and I'm a different person somehow.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:19 pm

If I wasn't in the military, my head would probably be shaved.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 2:26 pm

Short hair because it feels nice and light where as if i keep growing my hair it becomes stiff and curly which makes it very itchy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 3:03 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

you're in the military? which branch? what do you do [MOS]? i had not heard of the military banning shaved heads.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

you're in the military? which branch? what do you do [MOS]? i had not heard of the military banning shaved heads.

U.S. Air Force.

I'm an aircraft fuel systems repair technician (2A6X4), but I've was transferred into an office position two years ago..

As for shaved heads, they're banned for women.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 4:21 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
I'm an aircraft fuel systems repair technician (2A6X4), but I've was transferred into an office position two years ago.. As for shaved heads, they're banned for women.

i wish i coulda joined the AF. and the american military is so puritanical when it comes to hair, compared to other nation's militaries that aren't so spit and polish.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 8:39 pm

MightyMorphin wrote:
I feel my shorter hair probably is never going to get me a girlfriend

Why do you think this? I think the opposite - with my long hair, females would not think I am interested in them because I look stereotypically "straight". Most of the girls I see who are openly a couple have short hair, in my city.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 12:01 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

Why do you think this? I think the opposite - with my long hair, females would not think I am interested in them because I look stereotypically "straight". Most of the girls I see who are openly a couple have short hair, in my city.

A man can have long hair and looking very straight, like rockstars.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 3:53 am

Ganondox wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. As I understand the OP's post, her issue is about females attracting females.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 1:33 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
MightyMorphin wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. As I understand the OP's post, her issue is about females attracting females.

I thought you were both heterosexual males, and I misread what you wrote...

Anyway, I guess that maybe she thinks homosexual girls are more interested in girls with long hair as that's the classic feminine appearance so that's what they would be interested in if they are interested in girls. I guess. I'll shut up now.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 1:41 am

I tend to oscillate between long hair and short hair. I'll grow it out for a few months, then get annoyed with it, and cut it off. I don't know...I can't make up my mind. :P