Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Jan 2013, 11:22 am

I dunno why, but for no good reason, I tend to be antagonistic towards a few people, notably, my mom and dad. I dunno why, but is true that autistics tend to be antagonistic?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 1:07 pm

Perhaps it's a reaction to the in-built feeling of not being understood, or an underlying anxiety at environmental input affecting sensory system.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2013, 2:43 pm

Quote:
is true that autistics tend to be antagonistic?

Some psychiatrists and parents of autistic children (like my parents) say they do, but no one knows for sure. Maybe it just depends from the personality.
In my case, I am antagonistic. I don't hate my parents (pretty much the opposite), but I argue a lot with them, expecially with my mother. I tend to deny everything she says. But also appens with other people, even with peers: I tend to deny everything they say, because I feel they are wrong, and I also tend to correct their grammar, because their grammar sucks. About other adults, it depends: if it's the sensei or some professors that are nice to me, it's ok; but if it's a professor that I hate, I do nothing of what they say.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

This may explain why I want an NCO against my parents; or at least, partly why, my hostility towards them.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 11:01 pm

You have mentioned in the past that your parents are (Having trouble finding the right words) constantly putting you down. I mean, they have driven you to the point of wanting a restraining order.

Maybe that is why you are as u say "antagonistic" w/ them. Did they tell you that's what you are?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 9:23 am

metaldanielle wrote:
You have mentioned in the past that your parents are (Having trouble finding the right words) constantly putting you down. I mean, they have driven you to the point of wanting a restraining order.

Maybe that is why you are as u say "antagonistic" w/ them. Did they tell you that's what you are?

Not quite; I just see them as pushing their rather prissy and demanding ways on me. I'd rather not go further than that on the matter.