What things do you LIKE to feel, taste, hear, etc.?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

We talk a lot about the things that overload our senses in a negative way and how we can't stand them so I thought that for a change it would be nice to talk about what we DO like. Are there things you really enjoy touching, feeling, hearing, seeing or smelling more than the average NT person? Even things other people might find strange? Do you cringe at the thought of someone hugging you without your consent but you can't stop cuddling a velvety soft plush toy? Do potatoes make you choke but the smooth texture of melted cheddar cheese make you delirious from deliciousness? Does the sound of infants screeching make you want to rip out your own eardrums but the deep purr of a contented cat make you feel just as mellowed out? It would be nice to know. :)

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

04 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

Hearing- I love the sound of dolphins, whales, and seals. The sound these marine animals make are so beautiful to my ears. I also love the sound of rain too, it's relaxing.

Sight- I love looking at the funnel shapes of tornadoes because it's amazing and a pretty sight for me (not that I like the disaster it makes)

Touch- I love to feel stuffed animals because they're sweet to the touch. I prefer to hug stuffed animals and real animals than hug people, including my family. It's such a discomfort to hug people.

Smell- I love the smell of grass, fresh air, and gasoline. Gasoline to me has a nice smell to my nose.

Taste- I love the taste of chocolate and peanut butter because of how it melts and softens in my mouth, along with the good taste it brings.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

Clean, pilled, well-worn cotton. Mmmmmmmm. Whether it's towels, sheets, socks, t-shirts or pants, I loooooove the feel of clean, well-used cotton. Oh my God, I love it so much. It's so smooth and rumbly and fresh and gentle! It feels like love. I didn't notice until just now how much I really love it. Thank you for asking this question!

nolan1971
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 2:09 pm

Just about anything to do with animals: Feeling the power of a horse you are riding as they run
full speed down a field! (WOO HOO what a rush!)
Playing and being affectionate with Horses,Cows, Dolphins and lots of other animals.
I also love their voices and scents.
I especially enjoy the more dangerous animals: alligators,crocodiles,gorillas and love the intoxicating thrill
of being close to them in the wild.

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 2:24 pm

hearing - sound of the sea, running water or rain.

Sight - Holograms/holographic items or running water (its shiny)

Touch - My silk shirts, denim, fur (on the animal)

Smell - Bacon cooking, Lacost/DKNY aftershave (only 2 i can stand), friends.

Taste - Bacon, Spicy food or Irish stew. Beans on toast

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:20 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
We talk a lot about the things that overload our senses in a negative way and how we can't stand them so I thought that for a change it would be nice to talk about what we DO like. Are there things you really enjoy touching, feeling, hearing, seeing or smelling more than the average NT person? Even things other people might find strange? Do you cringe at the thought of someone hugging you without your consent but you can't stop cuddling a velvety soft plush toy? Do potatoes make you choke but the smooth texture of melted cheddar cheese make you delirious from deliciousness? Does the sound of infants screeching make you want to rip out your own eardrums but the deep purr of a contented cat make you feel just as mellowed out? It would be nice to know. :)

Love touching and feeling my backhoe loader toys
Love to hear the fan because it has such a soothing affect
Love to look at my Backhoe loader toys
Love to smell food odors while cooking, especially bacon
Hate being hugged by a human and would, sorry to mention again, love to hug my hard metal backhoe loader toys.
Love eating just about anything that looks and taste like food.
Thank goodness I'm not around screaming infants but I'm not an animal enthusiast either.

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

Dirtdigger wrote:
Love to hear the fan because it has such a soothing affect

Yes! Computer fans. So soothing. Soft, warm, endless hum.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

Sight - Anime-style artwork, rainbows, Johnny Depp, My Little Ponies, cats

Sound - Dance music, rain, lawn mowers, crickets, cats purring

Smell - fresh-cut grass, after-the-rain smell, chlorine, sun screen, gasoline/petrol, scented candles (except the pine-scented ones), cats' fur

Taste - Milk chocolate, peanut butter, American Chinese food, Mexican food, lemonade

Touch - Plush toys, heavy blankets, water (showers, hot tubs, swimming pools, the ocean), cats' fur

AutisticBelle
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2012, 4:14 pm

Tactile; I love the feel of silky hair, running water, squishy therapy balls, shaving cream, the vibrations of someones throat while they're talking, bristly short-haired dog fur, clean sheets, cats kneeding me, babys toes, embroidery, beads, smooth and heavy rocks, glue, sticking my hands into bags of beans or corn kernels, flower petals, strong and cold wind, rain, smooth wood before it is stained, fine sawdust, animals ears, and several other things I can't recall. I also like to touch other people, hang all over them, even though I don't like them touching me.
Sound; songs in foreign languages, Moonlight Sonata, Celtic music, the sound of rushing water, the ocean, thunder and heavy rain, the sound of running fans, cats purring, tapping dancing, bird song, deep breathing, sounds when underwater, fire crackling, deep voices, sometimes bells tinkling.
Sight; Hour glasses, water swirling down a drain, rivers, the ocean, waterfalls, tall trees, ravens, the sight of old books, shattered glass, ice, gold, skin color, mens throats (I know thats weird, but they're so different from how smooth a womans is!), hands, the elderly, climbing vines, watching people dance, looking through kaleidoscopes, the moon, jellyfish, bricks, spinning wheels, optical illusions, twirly things, facial expressions, mud, doorknobs, electrical currents, fire, glasses, cards, red hair, smoke.
Scent; lemon, nail polish (I know its bad, so I avoid it), water, spice, the ocean, farm animals, wood, paper, books, dirt, smoke, babies, dust, coal, blood, plants, bug repellant, Ect.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 4:26 pm

I like the smell of washing powder so much that I wonder how it would taste; if there was such a thing as 'edible washing powder', I would stock my house with a lot of it. I love the taste of 'banoffee' (banana and toffee)

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

Smell
¤New clothes from stores like AE, Pacsun etc,
¤The chlorine in pool water.
¤Fresh air in a forest during a hot summer day.
¤A new video game, toy or dvd.
¤The scent that comes from an air conditioner
¤Incense
¤The inside of a restaurant that serves Chinese food
¤Lavender
¤Herbal essence shampoo and conditioner
¤Arm and Hammer deodorant
¤A lot of perfumes and scents from Sephora
¤The smell of my cat's fur :oops:
¤Baby powder
¤Edge Shaving Gel, my dad uses it and I will frequently take his can and smell it while I'm browsing WP or another site.

Sound
¤Rain falling
¤Thunder
¤The buzzing sound the mud daubers in our car port make.
¤Jet engines
¤The opening of Alice in Chain's "Man In The Box".
¤The ocean
¤Waterfalls and the trickling of a river,creek or fountain.
¤The ambient splashing and sounds associated with an indoor pool.
¤The Screaming Piha, its a bird I would always hear in the Amazon rainforest and I can recognize it every-time I play a video game and hear ambient
forest sounds.
¤The death sound that Barons of Hell and Hellknights make in Doom and Doom 2.
¤My favorite video game sound effects: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7E3uvvxKko miss this soundchip.
¤The "bloodlust" sound from Warcraft 3. Rawr-rawr-RAWR
¤The murloc RGHRGHHHLLL from World of Warcraft

Taste
¤Chocolate! Especially chewy fudge.. :oops:
¤Sushi, especially eel rolls.
¤Spinach
¤Fruit trailmix
¤Fuji Apples
¤C antelope
¤Cream soda
¤Most seafood in general.

Touch
¤100% cotton shirts
¤That feeling when you're close to an air vent and cool air comes
¤Putting my hands inside water at an aquarium and running my fingers along the smooth shell of a horseshoe crab or stingray combined with the cool feeling of the water
¤Scratching an itch
¤Opening a package or removing shrink wrap from a game or dvd
¤The pads on a cat's paw
¤Walking barefoot over moss
¤Plushies

Sight
¤Old Watermills
¤The bluish line on the horizon when you're driving through a town at the beach and can see the ocean far ahead. It makes me think of how the Earth's atmosphere looks.
¤The sight of a fighter jet flying at night with afterburners on.
¤BRIDGES!
¤The dark pencil lines and high detail of anime from the 70s to mid 90s, like Ghost in The Shell,Ninja Scroll, Gundam Stardust Memory.
¤Many, many airplanes, bombers and fighter jets. Both civil and military. If I listed them I would go on forever.
¤Sea creatures, be it squid, cetaceans, sharks, mollusks, sea turtles, cnidarians etc. I love extinct sea animals as well, such as mosasaurus and elasmosaur.
¤Many, many Pokemon.
¤The uber detailed "grim dark" 90s style of things such as Spawn and Warhammer.
¤My Little Pony: Friendship is magic. I too have fallen victim to this disease :cry:
¤Fully painted tabletop armies for games like Warhammer, Warmachine etc.
¤The art in my Dungeons and Dragons books.
¤Videogames with 2d graphics and sprites. Like airplanes I could go on forever and ever so I'll just list some a few favorites: Legend of Mana,Super Mario Yoshi's Island,Street Fighter: Third Strike (so fluid!).
¤A cloudless night in a forest illuminated by a full moon
¤Many, many types of birds. I'm not going to list them all.
¤The ocean at night when everything looks black and you can see little lights on the horizon with the star filled sky overhead. I think its the most beautiful thing ever.
¤Dark surrealist art like the stuff by Francis Bacon and HR Giger
¤Butterflies and moths
¤Insects from the order Hymenoptera, ants, wasps, hornets etc.
¤Snakes and any serpent-like creature, real or mythological (like the hydra)
¤Anything Halloweenish, Jack-o-lanterns, black cats etc. Its no surprise Halloween is my favorite time of the year :P
¤Pentagrams and occult related glyphs and sigils.
¤The Queen Alien Xenomorph
¤Old drawings and sketches of demons, like this classic depiction of Beelzebub: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... lzebub.png
¤Painting and drawings of Yōkai (supernatural beings in Japanese mythology) - http://ioreth.org/mukashi/bakemono.jpg
¤Phoenixes and giant mythological birds and avian creatures.
¤Dragons

Last edited by NeueZiel on 04 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

nrau
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2012, 6:40 pm

I hate the feel of some of the clothing materials...I literally feel electricity spearheading through my body when I touch them. No-even now when I write my body shakes from this certain, unpleasant feeling, even though I don't have these material nearby

too bad I can't name them since I only know cotton and wool, and I don't even know what's the difference between the two

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

There are probably a few things but the biggest for me is a certain shade of purple - there are a few flowering plants locally that are this colour, I was thinking today how AWESOME it would be to sit in a room full of these flowers while on LSD.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 7:12 pm

Hearing: running water, lithurgic music, harp music, birds chirping.

Touch: cotton anything, silky-fur cats like mine, cats' paw pads

Sight: Switzerland! Snow-capped mountains, lots of green grass, wooden cottages, lakes, tiny romantic bridges over water streams running by castles, castles as they used to be, the light filtering through the windows in dark rooms (like Dutch paintings), Vladimir Volegov's paintings, trees, dark gardens with white sculptures, pergolas, shady paths, flower petals on the ground, and lots of climbing plants.

Smell: pine tree needles being burnt, smoked anything, jazmine, expensive classic perfumes, vanilla candles, Catholic church incense

Taste: chocolate, creamy dairy products, salmon, fresh Coffee Tree and Tea Leaf croissants, cake

Last edited by Moondust on 04 Aug 2012, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 7:25 pm

Hearing: sitar and flute music, sounds of birds, waterfall sound, thunder and rainfall sound, my son's voice,

Touch: my son, plants, flowers, butterflies,

Sight: Palaces of Rajasthan, beautiful mountains, indian dance form, indian costumes, jewellery, beautiful women, good looking handsome men (especially younger version of tom cruise), peacocks, swans, butterflies, greenery, flowers, waterfalls...

Smell: cooked delicious indian food, perfumes, smell of soil after first rain, smell of fresh grass and nature,

Taste: spicy indian food, sometimes pastries and ice creams

greyjay
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

Sight: books, bones, glass, plants, anything green, most sparkly things as long as they are not also neon colours, reflections of water

Smell: rain, leaves, mushrooms, amber musk incense, old books, vanilla, and tea. Sage, cedar and natural tobacco are also soothing because I associate them with safe places such as ceremony and home but too much can still be overpowering.

Touch: walking on warm stone, silk, soft cotton or linen clothing, wax, working with clay, the combination of the wind and the electrical feeling of thunderstorms and tornados, the homespun yarn in my blanket, I also find it grounding to hold onto my forearms when I'm in crowds

Sound: any running water that isn't a faucet. Grosbeaks, finches, kinglets, and crows (as long as they haven't started 2:30 in the morning because the neighbor's motorcycle woke them up). Drums (especially grandmother drums or bodhrans) and fiddle music, again probably because of associations with home. I don't normally like electronic music, but I find listening to A Tribe Called Red can help diffuse some tension prior to a meltdown.

Taste: anything chocolate, or spicy, lions mane mushrooms, most meat pies or pasties or frybread (even though I can't have gluten :( ), mild astringent tastes such as green or oswego tea, certain sour fruit tastes such as wild grapes, mayapples, black redberries, or pie cherries.