Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule module 4 is an instrument for diagnosing and assessing Autism in adolescent /adult with fluent speech.

I have seen places online where they sell instruction DVDs and that sort of thing, but is there somewhere I can read the questions this module consists of? All I can find are interview methods, statistics and research done to validate the testing tool, but the actual interview/questions are nowhere to be found. Is this because it is copyrighted material?

If anyone have a link where I could read up on module 4 and hopefully also find some of the questions an interviewer would ask, I would greatly appreciate it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

<----- Also dying to find the link. (Well, not dying, but...)

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:17 pm

I don't think so. I am pretty sure the sellers of the material make it very difficult to find online. I was given the test for my diagnosis, and it doesn't ask anything out of the ordinary. It requires information from someone who knew you as a baby and child (parent/guardian) as it asks about development from infant onward (my psychologist insisted I bring a parent or else I was going to be refused the test, and I was 27 at the time). If you've taken a variety of online tests and have researched exactly what ASD is, none of the questions should catch you off guard. The non-question part (where they get you to perform activities and observe your behaviour--that is done without a parent/guardian and is just you and the evaluator) was awkward for me. It basically tests social skills, interactive behaviour, creativity, etc.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

questor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 6:40 pm

I am in my early 50s and my father is in his mid 80s, would I really be expected to bring him along if I were going for this test module? My mother passed away some years ago. What would they say to someone who has lost both parents? Would they really refuse to attempt a diagnosis on an adult just because the parents are no longer available? That's nuts!

In my case I am satisfied with my self diagnosis, as I am not seeking help from any gov or insurance funded programs for my condition. I am already on SSI for other health problems, so it doesn't matter, but what about other adults who may benefit from some of those programs?--Sorry, we can't help you cause your parents are dead?! !! It's not the parents who need treatment, it's the adult on the spectrum who needs help! :wall:

jstmom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Aug 2012, 3:39 am

You can find all the modules on line. I just went to google and typed in ADOS module (whichever you want) and it came up within the first 3 hits.

It's a document file. [DOC] at the beginning. In my search it was the third one "ADOS Manual".

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 7:49 pm

I agree with the other person, I Googled and you can only find it if you are willing to buy it. I tried various ways of searching.

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

25 Aug 2012, 3:43 am

jstmom wrote:
You can find all the modules on line. I just went to google and typed in ADOS module (whichever you want) and it came up within the first 3 hits.

It's a document file. [DOC] at the beginning. In my search it was the third one "ADOS Manual".

I found ADOS module 2. (link)