How do I get help when I can't explain myself (long post)

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 8:48 am

whirlingmind wrote:
Vomelche wrote:
The problem is that there are a lot of people who really do complain over things that are not serious, and are just seeking attention, so it gets hard telling the difference.

What do you base this comment on? Going to see a psychologist etc. is stressful, means talking about difficult issues, and clearly someone would only do this if the issues were bothering them enough to do so. You have to potentially lay bare your life and your soul, in some instances spend money, waste time out of your life/work/away from loved ones. I seriously cannot believe anyone would do that 'for attention'. If they are delusional about having a problem that warrants a psychologist then that in itself is a mental health issue. Why would someone do this for no reason? It must be affecting their quality of life in some way, and everyone deserves peace of mind and a reasonable quality of life.

It's this type of attitude that contributes to false beliefs in society and makes things hard for people to seek the help they genuinely need, whether it's for AS or mental health issues.

Sometimes people are missdiganosed by drs.

i spent 2 years with a chronic sinus infection that needed surgery because my drs insisted they were anxiety headaches combined with hypochondria. I had to argue and argue and argue with them for nearly 2 years just to get an ENT appointment.

They also left me sick with Chronic migraine type headaches, digestive problems and CFS like symptoms that were so severe I could hardly get out of bed some days. They argued it was depression...BS! I changed my diet (removed gluten, cows dairy, msg, artificial sweeteners and processed foods etc), quit smoking and stopped the antidepressants they put me on and the symptoms went away. I am now up and out of bed every day as I do not feel physically ill at all (excluding a migraine once or twice a month). MY mood however is still low due to my social difficulties and resulting social isolation. 5 months of going out every day and interacting with people and I still have not made any contacts. Frustrating.

Sometimes people really are ill and the drs are just jackarses that should go get a different damned job.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jan 2014, 6:40 am

My father died this morning.

I don't know what to do, I had no contact with him and I will have to deal with all the process, as an aspie it seems like hell; I feel confused right now :(

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

tchek wrote:
My father died this morning.

I don't know what to do, I had no contact with him and I will have to deal with all the process, as an aspie it seems like hell; I feel confused right now :(

I am so sorry about that, even though you didn't have a close relationship with him :-(. I hope you get through it OK.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Feb 2014, 9:26 am

Thank you. I feel much more horrible than I anticipated. He died horribly and alone of liver cirrhosis. We rarely talked to each others because of mutual shyness. He worked 40 years of his life and died 6 month before retirement.

I had the result of my biopsy too. I've got connective tissue problems and I have hypermobility which can be linked to asperger. Many other details were given but it's a bit technical (my skin shows star-shaped cells etc...) I don't know to which extent this could be linked to Asperger.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 10:28 am

I'm not quite sure if you live in France, but I would do anything to avoid identifying myself with ASD In France unless things are much different from what I've read about how ASD is seen and responded to there.