Birthday party with other aspies/ autistic teens!

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

hi, i just had my birthday party and it was a success. i had 3 aspies and one HFA person at my house tonight.

nothing was really planned because we all went to a planned event before and no one stuck to the schedule, we all just shared interests.

after everyone left my dad said i dont appear as autistic compared to all of them, i asked how and he said its because i can engage in better conversations than them, and i agree! i have worked very hard on conversations so im extremely glad it payed off.

however i noticed that the most severe person there, wasnt sound sensitive at all, she liked balloons, my dog barking, and the baby crying (she didn't like it per say, she just wasnt bothered by it.) which i found strikingly different between the two of us, however an aspergers girl that was also there (same name as me, Emily) also had sound sensitivities just like me, so we had all that in common. but she was quiet. mostly, the two aspies there were the most quiet, but myself and the two more severe ones were talkative and extremely interactive, i wonder why that is. i know i feel a bit more comfterble talking to them because i was in the same mindset as them, so i didnt have to think about social rules, and we just talked about Futurama. anyways, we all got along famously, and im glad my social skills have improved, they may not be as good as highschool students, but damn good enough :D

i feel so happy they enjoyed my party and even asked their parents to stay (its a good thing they didnt because i was tired) and im glad i didnt feel left out, i didnt feel overwhelmed and pressured to socialize and i didnt have to try to think like an NT. all in all, what a great birthday! and they all even wanted to hang out with me again in the future!

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 9:28 pm

ZombieBride, that is so awesome! I am so glad you had a great birthday party and it sounds like your friends had a really great time too. :D Thank you for sharing that with us.

Wreck It Ralph

Last edited by skibum on 31 Jan 2014, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 9:39 pm

So very cool - glad you had such a great time. Like NT's with likes and dislikes etc. we are a mixed bunch.
ive mostly only have had or attended b-day parties with asd kids from school, except for my friend and cousin.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 10:47 pm

That's great. I'm glad you had a happea birthday. :D :P

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 1:41 am

Belated Happy Birthday. Glad you had a good day.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 3:34 am

Happy Birthday! Was it Sonic themed?

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 10:45 am

That sounded like fun! I'm glad you had a great time. :D

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran