Do you have brown on the inside of your iris on your eyes?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you have brown on the inside of your iris on your eyes?
Yes, I do 53%  53%  [ 23 ]
No, I just have one colour on my iris, which isn't brown 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
My entire iris is brown 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Other 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 43

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:00 am

*sigh* No :roll:

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 9:12 am

No, I have dark blue with some green in there, and this sounds silly.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:32 am

I do, but so do my NT sisters.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 11:39 am

I have gray eyes, they're rimmed in dark blue (my original eye color as a kid), but in the center, they are hazelling.

Probably irrelevant though.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 12:10 pm

musicforanna wrote:
I have gray eyes, they're rimmed in dark blue (my original eye color as a kid), but in the center, they are hazelling.

They just look normal.

SteffiTheSmile
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2012, 2:49 pm

I have eyes which change with my mood, from all light green, to almost black. I'm assuming this means that the brown in my eyes, has nothing to do my gut.

SecretAgent
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2012, 4:16 pm

I have heard that green/hazel (and sometimes brown) eyes are due to toxins. Green/hazel/mixed colors are not natural. Thus the brown in the iris. (I have this too.) So there is most likely a link to eye color and "gut issues". Although I do believe you can tell a LOT about a person's body from their eyes. (Not sure what the professionals are called who can do that.) So maybe they could also see Asperger's/Autism that way???

IndieSoul
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2012, 4:20 pm

I have regular blue eyes.

Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

-RUSH

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 4:41 pm

I do. I don't know how to get a clearer picture but I think you can see it here.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

There are several kinds of "rings" around the pupil and even around the iris. It is a ridiculously common phenomenon, so take that in mind.

The yellow/brown/golden ring around the pupil (usually meaning no specks extending into the iris, no lines/whole differently coloured parts extending into the iris from the ring around the pupil and no ring around the iris because anything like that can be indications of serious diseases) are most often found in people with eye colours other than true brown.

From what I understand, this is a natural result of the distribution of the pigmentation of the iris, dependant on the kind of pigment and also related to the different effects of scattering that in light coloured eyes are strongly affected by the pigmentation of the stroma.

If the ring is extremely visible, it probably warrants being called central heterochromia. Though, who knows - maybe all instances in which the ring isn't due to a disease or so are natural forms of central heterochromia which would make it extremely common. I don't know enough on the topic of heterochromia to talk about it and I'm not even sure whether science agrees on what makes up central heterochromia.

Now, I'm not too knowledge on those kinds of alternative medicines but what I do know is that many discolourations around the pupil such as a ring are, in some sort of alternative health directions, associated with all kinds of (food) intolerances, allergies, (vitamin) deficiencies, depositions of toxins/metals but even salt, gut problems, anaemia, kidney problems and various issues attributed to the "nervous system" (which is a super broad term in this context) and extended to point towards a series of behavioural/neurological symptoms that however get re-labelled as ambiguous forms of "nervousness" and "over-activity" and are thought of to result from the "real" health issues described above.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 6:43 pm

Personally I suspect this is all nonsense. As someone else has already said, "yes, I have rings around my pupils, but so do my NT sisters." Therefore, having rings around your pupils does not mean you have autism. However, I suppose there might be some argument for a theory saying it means you are carrying the autism gene, and that might warrant further investigation. Not everyone who carries a certain gene develops the condition themselves.

Eye colour was once a fleeting special interest of mine, but I never learned much about rings around the pupil. I was far more interested in sunbursts.

Here is a link to the Wikipedia article on eye colour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color# ... z_scale.29

It says:

Quote:
white, gray, or blue ring around the eye may be arcus senilis.

but it doesn't say anything about brown rings having any medical implications. I Googled "arcus senilis" and found it fairly interesting.

Here is a link to an eye colour chart so that people commenting on this thread can tell us what colour their eyes are without having to post a pic:

http://eyemakeart.files.wordpress.com/2 ... pigeon.jpg

You can click on it to zoom in. Eyes are so unique that your own particular eye colour may not be in that chart, but you can select the nearest match.

Mine are probably the last one on the right on row 2.

I am sure I've seen darker brown eyes than the ones they are including on that chart as supposedly being the brownest extreme. Some black people have eyes so dark that their irises almost look the same colour as their pupils. The chart seems to only consist of photos of white people's eyes. I wonder why that is? :huh:

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 12:31 pm

Joe90 wrote:
musicforanna wrote:

They just look normal.

Hence why I said "Probably irrelevant though" :lol:

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Aug 2012, 8:23 pm

I have solid blue eyes. No brown spots.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2012, 9:35 pm

I have hazel brown eyes with a dark grey ring around the iris.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I