Today's playlist from my internal brainwave radio...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 12:26 am

I've mentioned in other posts that I hear music in my head all the time. Sometimes it's a song I heard sometimes during the last couple of days and can't get out of my head. Other times, it's a string of seemingly unrelated songs. Thought I would pay attention today and see what all popped into my head. I attended a Bluegrass festival on Saturday, so the bluegrass tunes on the list seem appropriate enough. Where the others came from I have no idea...

Fox on the Run
Bad Leroy Brown
Foggy Mountain Breakdown
Beverly Hillbillies Theme
Random bluegrass melodies
Jose Cuervo
I Wouldn't Change You
Ring of Fire

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 9:29 am

They are contagious, too :wink: I know about half of them and I can hear them as I read. I hear music like that, too. I told my husband I wished I could hook a speaker to my head so he could hear how clear it is. I have imagined my mouth as a speaker :D Well, Ring of Fire has apparently stuck in my head now - I guess I will have a Johnny Cash day :lol:

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

What's strange to me is how the song will change and I won't even be aware of it at first. That shows that I'm not consciously looking for songs to sing in my head.

Another thing is how random the songs are. Yeah, yesterday's list had a lot of bluegrass in it because of the festival but most times the playlist has neither rhyme nor reason. Today I went from Cabaret to Santa Claus is Coming to Town to the old standard Baby Face. Songs that have no connection to each other, and yet all are in my head bouncing around.