I want to ask about some of my problems

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gideon
Raven
Raven

01 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

I have known I have Aspergers for two years I think.

I was almost 40 before I was diagnosed and my Sister in law who is a school psychologist told me that she was pretty certain I was and she was right.
I think i just want to discuss my problems if no one minds a stupid post like that.

I was unusual in that I walked early. I have heard Aspergers usually walk later.

I can't allow people to touch me on the sternum, I can't wear certain fabric because it might touch me on the sternum.

I won't go outside in the rain unless I have to.

I hear noises that no one can hear.

I don't feel cold unless it is below freezing.

I have melted down and lost quite a few friends over these melt downs and for years I could not understand why it happened. Suddenly I would be outside myself looking in as I exploded.

I had to teach myself to smile.

Alcohol makes me normal and that scares me so I don't drink. I think I could easily become an alcoholic just to be part of the world.

I have a very hard time maintaining relationships. This is one of my biggest problems. People get angry at me for no reason that I can even understand. I can be having a polite conversation and nothing I say would have made the person angry if said by another person but from me it becomes an insult. I can't figure it out?

Sorry I just wanted to say a few things about the problems I am having. Even as an adult I feel like I am not an adult.

Melancholy779
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2012, 12:06 am

I think most people do not feel like an adult. Being an adult can be loosely interpretated because it can mean different things for many people. What is an adult to you?

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 1:43 am

I think many of us can relate to at least some of your issues. In particular, I can sympathize with being misunderstood in conversations and considered rude. It has taken me a long time to sort of fix this and even now I still mess up.

onks
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2012, 4:25 am

Melancholy779 wrote:
I think most people do not feel like an adult. Being an adult can be loosely interpretated because it can mean different things for many people. What is an adult to you?

A person that has been successfully fitted into a box that constrains him/her (demands of society).
Every now and then some stupid people try to go around and tighten the screws with all boxes.

And after some period of uncomfortableness the box feels to them as it felt before. Necessity.
We all have to believe in sustainable growth.
One of the most stupid formulations I ever heard that people tend to use seriously.

There are no alternatives...
why should there be? :lol:

Well there are some good points being an adult and you need some kind of self confidence which results from learning your own constraints.
Nothing against that.
but quite many things in society are just stupid. Just do how it is supposed to be done
Just sad that there is so little room for creativity

You have to use your all creativity to sell creative things, not the creativity itself is in the foreground.
Maybe then a part of the creativity has already gone into nowhere and never returns once you accepted the constrains of the box that is around you
(The one that is imposed not the self-built one)

Boring boring boring

Like an apple from where you find a worm
http://www.reinhard-doehl.de/Image35.gif

Nowadays the worms are quite successful in affecting new apples, faster than apples can grow :cry: