Other things = secondary to special interest.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 8:58 am

Does anyone else here get so absorbed in their special interest that other things like studying school/college/university work, chores, eating etc become secondary?

Today I am reading the Police and Criminal Evidence Act Code of Practice. I am absorbed and even eating and drinking are a bother for me because I'd much prefer to sit here and read the whole thing from cover to cover, twice if need be.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Been there...I have a wealth of knowledge and always seem to get little accomplished.

Worldly and sophisticated but can't mow the darn lawn...

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:28 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
Does anyone else here get so absorbed in their special interest that other things like studying school/college/university work, chores, eating etc become secondary?

Yes indeed.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm

I would be happy to read textbooks for days on end. My current favourite topics are law and forensics.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:42 pm

Yes. I can't even get started on the reading I was supposed to be doing an hour and a half ago. I haven't even gone downstairs to eat. I'm so absorbed with looking at smartphones that I can't take time out to go eat, lol.

chaines321
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2012, 7:50 pm

I do all the time. I one time played my guitar for 4 days and made myself sick from not eating, drinking, and barely sleeping or going to the bathroom. I didn't go to school one of those days because I felt so sick and I still wanted to just play my guitar.

I always end up making myself not feel good because I get so absorbed.