I have a stim I need to get rid of, how do I do it?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

benr3600
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

I turned my pen into one. Today when talking on the phone, without realizing it, I was rubbing my pen up and down the side of my kneecap. Didn't realize the ink thing was OUT, and I ended up with a 1x2" rectangle of black ink on my leg that I had to wash off with pumice soap lol.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2012, 4:17 pm

benr3600 wrote:
I turned my pen into one. Today when talking on the phone, without realizing it, I was rubbing my pen up and down the side of my kneecap. Didn't realize the ink thing was OUT, and I ended up with a 1x2" rectangle of black ink on my leg that I had to wash off with pumice soap lol.

If you had left the ink there, you could have told anyone who noticed it, "It's body art!" :lol: It does sound like it would be a good one, but it unfortunately wouldn't make a good, permanent alternative to hair twirling, not like the silky rope that someone suggested. I have found a good temporary alternative to hair twirling, on a pillow I have, there are strands of yarn strings sticking off of one corner. I've been trying to twirl those around when trying to go to sleep, instead of my hair, and it's been working good so far.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 4:27 pm

I would think the easiest thing to do would be to replace the stim, if you can. I've known people who stroked rabbit's feet but that's gross. They really are the feet of rabbits. The rope idea is clever - or a tassel attached to a key chain? You might try a fabric store for the right texture.

I think my mother must have disapproved of my stimming at a very early age. Most of my stims are secret stims and rarely detected by other people.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2012, 6:11 pm

unduki wrote:
I would think the easiest thing to do would be to replace the stim, if you can. I've known people who stroked rabbit's feet but that's gross. They really are the feet of rabbits. The rope idea is clever - or a tassel attached to a key chain? You might try a fabric store for the right texture.

I think my mother must have disapproved of my stimming at a very early age. Most of my stims are secret stims and rarely detected by other people.

Usually the stims I do around other people are secret ones, this is one that I do while I'm alone. If I become extremely upset about something while around other people, I'll start doing the hair twirling then, but that is the only time I do that one around others. I think the reason for this is because when I was younger, some of my stims were pretty annoying or looked strange so I was told not to do those, but when I did manage to quit doing one, it always got replaced. It seems that I stim a lot more now that I am older than I did when I was much younger, so it's much more difficult to quit doing one now.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm

Alfonso12345 wrote:
unduki wrote:

Usually the stims I do around other people are secret ones, this is one that I do while I'm alone. If I become extremely upset about something while around other people, I'll start doing the hair twirling then, but that is the only time I do that one around others. I think the reason for this is because when I was younger, some of my stims were pretty annoying or looked strange so I was told not to do those, but when I did manage to quit doing one, it always got replaced. It seems that I stim a lot more now that I am older than I did when I was much younger, so it's much more difficult to quit doing one now.

Have you ever thought of self-hypnosis? I recently gave it a try and noticed I'm generally calmer and better able to deal with stress. I'm doing one for sleep and another for peak performance. I also have them for weight loss and anxiety.

Getting more and better sleep could be the reason for the reduced stress and less stimming. I'll take it. My feet don't hurt tonight because I didn't stim them to death into the soles of my shoes today and that's a wonderful thing.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm

unduki wrote:
Alfonso12345 wrote:
unduki wrote:

Have you ever thought of self-hypnosis? I recently gave it a try and noticed I'm generally calmer and better able to deal with stress. I'm doing one for sleep and another for peak performance. I also have them for weight loss and anxiety.

Getting more and better sleep could be the reason for the reduced stress and less stimming. I'll take it. My feet don't hurt tonight because I didn't stim them to death into the soles of my shoes today and that's a wonderful thing.

I never have tried self-hypnosis before, I don't even know how to do anything like it. But I think just finding something different to do instead of twirling my hair is working at the moment, but I might learn about the self-hypnosis and see if it works. Thanks for the suggestion.