Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:01 am

I had to take an intelligence test for one of my courses and I found the results to be absolutely awesome. I think that this can be applied to autism. I it is very common for individuals under the autism spectrum to be particularly strong in one subject while being very bad at another subject. This is why my results where so amazing to me.

Here is a link of the test:

http://surfaquarium.com/MI/inventory.ht ... 0?722f8200

My results where:

1. 50
2. 40
3. 40
4. 30
5. 10
6. 20
7. 40
8. 20
9. 90

The key of the test is:

Key:

Section 1 – This reflects your Naturalist strength

Section 2 – This suggests your Musical strength

Section 3 – This indicates your Logical strength

Section 4 – This illustrates your Existential strength

Section 5 – This shows your Interpersonal strength

Section 6 – This tells your Kinesthetic strength

Section 7 – This indicates your Verbal strength

Section 8 – This reflects your Intrapersonal strength

Section 9 – This suggests your Visual strength

Funny enough my worst sections where interpersonal strength and verbal strength while my strongest two sections where visual strength and Naturalist strength. Though the margin between these two was pretty broad in itself. Being that naturalist was 50 and visual was 90. While my worst two where 10 and 20, not very far from one another. This does not mean that I have problems speaking as much as I have problems understanding verbal language. I get lost in conversation rather easily and I am also uncomfortable in groups, social situations and working with individuals I rather work alone.

I was not keeping any of these personal facts in mind while I took the test, I just did it with complete honesty to those elements that applied to me, personally. I think the results where very fun and reinforcing of my personal beliefs of what my strengths and weaknesses are both in learning and comprehension as well as my own definition of my autism spectrum traits.

I would like to see the results of my fellow WPlanetarians.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:38 am

My highest scores were: existential - 80; Intrapersonal - 80; Naturalist - 70; and Logical - 60;

My lowest scores were: Interpersonal - 0; Kinesthetic - 20.

I got middling scores for Musical - 40; Verbal - 50; and Visual - 50.

The existential did not surprise me - my major was philosophy.

My Dx with AS was reflected in the low Interpersonal score, and possibly the low Kinesthetic score - I am not into sports, dancing, or "the active life" *(not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound attractive).

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:44 am

1. 50 Naturalist
2. 50 Musical
3. 70 Logical
4. 70 Existential

5. 20 Interpersonal
6. 30 Kinesthetic

7. 50 Verbal
8. 70 Intrapersonal
9. 80 Visual

Last edited by Raziel on 09 Sep 2012, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 5:49 am

this test seems a little short and not that specific, but anyway...

s1: 30 naturalist
s2:100 musical
s3: 60 logical
s4: 30 existential
s5: 00 interpersonal
s6: 20 kinesthetic
s7: 00 verbal
s8: 40 intrapersonal
s9: 30 visual

something i already knew indeed; my verbal and interpersonal skills are down in the gutter (i even scored loosely) at zilch each, while my musical intelligence peaks out at maximum score

coolies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2012, 7:03 am

50 naturalist
30 musical
80 logical
10 existential
0 interpersonal
10 kinesthetic
20 verbal
50 intrapersonal
40 visual

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2012, 7:51 am

I had to take that test on Friday for my biology class. My highest scores were Logical (100), Musical (60), and Intrapersonal (70). I don't remember my other scores, but I do remember Interpersonal being 0.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 8:06 am

These are all very interesting results. Thanks for sharing with me!

I know the test itself is a little broad. I do not think it was designed for more than a basic idea of strengths and weaknesses in methods of learning and types of intelligence. I have to turn in a paper tomorrow based on my test scores three types of intelligences and how they could affect my future performance.

Visual and Logical seem to be pretty prevalent thus far on the posters. Existential is something I have to commend on for the high score, one-a-n.; Definitely philosophy is a subject I like but have a very hard time understanding.

OCD_Angel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2012, 8:35 am

40 naturalist
90 musical
70 logical
50 existential
0 interpersonal
80 kinesthetic
80 verbal
60 intrapersonal
70 visual

But I don't see the use of plotting our scores on the bar graph as stated in the test. What does that do?

OCD_Angel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2012, 8:40 am

one-A-N wrote:
The existential did not surprise me - my major was philosophy.

I did two modules in philosophy at uni, which I somewhat enjoyed in a masochistic way. But I couldn't do anymore after that because it made my mind churn and churn too much it got overwhelming. My mind already churns too much on it's own without needing me to give it more heavy stuff to cogitate on. :roll:

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 9:15 am

My results were:

1. Naturalist: 90
2. Musical: 90
3. Logical: 80
4. Existential: 100
5. Interpersonal: 50
6. Kinesthetic: 80
7. Verbal: 80
8. Intrapersonal: 70
9. Visual: 60

This reflects me since I do love music and different kinds of music and I want to take up piano again. Also I like jogging and swimming although I am not into team sports much. My verbal would have been 100 except I am not good at expressing my ideas in a group and I do not enjoy public speaking (I am willing to take acting and/or speech therapy to improve my speaking skills).

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 9:25 am

OCD_Angel wrote:
But I don't see the use of plotting our scores on the bar graph as stated in the test. What does that do?

I have no idea either, it was just part of my assignment.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

OCD_Angel wrote:

Some people like the visual display of information, rather than numbers or text. It is a more sensory way of presenting the information. Mind you, I have written graph software, so graphing the results seems natural to me.

What I don't see the use of is multiplying the scores by 10. Why not just talk about the scores as 0 to 10? Adding a zero to the end of every score does not add any extra information.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 11:24 pm

Mirror21 wrote:
Visual and Logical seem to be pretty prevalent thus far on the posters. Existential is something I have to commend on for the high score, one-a-n.; Definitely philosophy is a subject I like but have a very hard time understanding.

Based on the highest scores for each person, we have 2 Visuals, 2 Existentials, 2 Musicals, and 2 Logicals. Almost everybody scores low for Interpersonal - that is actually the strongest trend (OCD_Angel is the only person I can find with high Interpersonal strengths). And the generally low Interpersonal score makes a lot of sense in terms of the diagnostic criteria for ASD.

So we are are pretty united in our leaning away from the Interpersonal, but we lean towards a variety of strengths. This actually illustrates the idea that Aspies vary a lot - some are strong visual thinkers, some are more musical or mathematical, some are more verbal, and so on. Despite our generally poor Interpersonal scores, we are not clones of each other.

rixxar12
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2012, 12:02 am

My results where.

100 naturalist
100 musical
70 logical
100 existential
0 interpersonal
0 kinesthetic
30 verbal
30 intrapersonal
50 visual

But i dont get something, im usually the in the top of logical intelligence in this types of test, and i was thinking, the 3 question that didnt let me get 100 in logical were.
_____ I am known for being neat and orderly
_____ Step-by-step directions are a big help
_____ I get easily frustrated with disorganized people

Dont know what has to do this with logic, im and disorganized person, i dont like to make step by step.
But even like that,, solving the problem in a disorganized way, i always get to solved faster than other people and more easily, and most people cant do it even when they are organized, so they are more logical than me?.
Being organized doesnt has to do anything with logic, i have a lots of friends with asperger that are studying mathematics or physics, and they are more disorganized than me, they practicle live in dirt, write in every piece of paper they find, or never write, and dont like to follow step by step direction, and even so, they are at the top of the class.

But is a nice test.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 2:44 am

one-A-N wrote:
Mirror21 wrote:

Based on the highest scores for each person, we have 2 Visuals, 2 Existentials, 2 Musicals, and 2 Logicals. Almost everybody scores low for Interpersonal - that is actually the strongest trend (OCD_Angel is the only person I can find with high Interpersonal strengths). And the generally low Interpersonal score makes a lot of sense in terms of the diagnostic criteria for ASD.

So we are are pretty united in our leaning away from the Interpersonal, but we lean towards a variety of strengths. This actually illustrates the idea that Aspies vary a lot - some are strong visual thinkers, some are more musical or mathematical, some are more verbal, and so on. Despite our generally poor Interpersonal scores, we are not clones of each other.

Thank you for your analysis of the data within this thread. I will say I am sure I missed something and this has definitely helped me have a better perspective of what I wanted to see. I can see by the results that we have various degrees of strengths versus weakness ratios. Some scores seemed a bit more balanced than others.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 3:10 am

also OCD_Angel has low points in "interpersonal".

Most people who posted her also have low "kinesthetic" skills and I would guess they got along with problems with the sensory processing, what most autistic have.
So it would be interesting finding out the problems in sensury processing compared with the results (maybe of a more valide test) of kinesthetic.

Last edited by Raziel on 10 Sep 2012, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.