Natural supplements for Aspergers symptoms

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Have you tried Bentonite Clay or Milk Thistle capsules for your Aspergers symptoms and did they work?
Bentonite Clay - it worked 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bentonite Clay - it did not work 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Milk Thistle - it worked 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Milk Thistle - it did not work 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Both - they worked 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Both - neither of them worked 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 6

hey_there
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2012, 1:53 am

I'm posting this poll to see if anyone has had any success with Milk Thistle or Bentonite Clay in relation to the improvement or even elimination of Aspergers symptoms. Also, Can these pills make you more empathetic?:chin: Because I read on this one forum online that a mom gave the Bentonite Clay capsules to her daughter and she started to have empathy, which she did not before!

So..... comment below if you have had any success with these supplements or any other supplements!

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 4:58 am

No. This approach is way too simplistic and naive.
Milk thistle is for detoxifying the liver....

Try
5HTP
Zinc
Parasitic cleanse
Vitamin D[during cold winters]
Chayawanprash
Adaptogens
etc etc

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 5:34 am

At the moment I'm taking:
- cod liver oil
- lithium orotate
- tyrosine
- melatonin at night

- sometimes magnesium, but just when my ticdisorder worsens.

But this is very individual what helps best.
I also made good experiences with rhodiola rosea, but swicht it a while ago with tyrosine.
Also vitamine B helps

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 8:28 am

I'm taking St. John's Wort, which has a small amount of ginseng and ginkgo biloba too. It's helping with my anxiety/melancholy and getting on with things I need to be getting on with.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
I'm taking St. John's Wort, which has a small amount of ginseng and ginkgo biloba too. It's helping with my anxiety/melancholy and getting on with things I need to be getting on with.

Quote:
ginseng and ginkgo biloba

Some things that Ive experienced: Ginkgo enhances long term memory recall. Ginseng takes the edge out of stress.

With general cognition try the Nootropic drugs. Piracetam and all the -acetams ....... these work the cholinergic side........ DMAE, Lecithin........

Acetyl - L- Carnitine bridges/enhances communication through the Corpus callosum...........

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 3:47 am

Mdyar wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

Quote:

Some things that Ive experienced: Ginkgo enhances long term memory recall. Ginseng takes the edge out of stress.

With general cognition try the Nootropic drugs. Piracetam and all the -acetams ....... these work the cholinergic side........ DMAE, Lecithin........

Acetyl - L- Carnitine bridges/enhances communication through the Corpus callosum...........
I have a bottle of acetyl-l-carnitine in my bathroom cupboard. I took it for a few days and I noticed a huge difference. But, a few days later, I felt really down. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I stopped taking them anyway. I may have been going through a depressive episode, so they might not have been to blame. I tried lowering the dosage, but then chickened out. I'll probably go back to them again, at some point.

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:07 am

I sadly can't take st. John's Worth because of my Photodermatitis, any advice what is also natural and helps also good against depression?

(At the moment I'm happy with my combination, but I still keep informing myself)

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 4:18 am

For Depression/Anxiety/Insomnia I take 5-HTP in the morning and at night.

5-HTP Slow Release 100 mg(Huge supporter of it.) Changed my life in many good ways, but still not a cure all, or anything, just a decent life enhancer. I take it with a multi-vitamin and a fatty breakfast in the morning and a bunch of other supps that aren't really for mood but I think they might react with one another in a way that increases my mood, can't be sure though.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 5:38 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Mdyar wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

Quote:

I have a bottle of acetyl-l-carnitine in my bathroom cupboard. I took it for a few days and I noticed a huge difference. But, a few days later, I felt really down. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I stopped taking them anyway. I may have been going through a depressive episode, so they might not have been to blame. I tried lowering the dosage, but then chickened out. I'll probably go back to them again, at some point.

I have not read any contraindications, but I guess anything can happen - even with aspirin. I'd try it again - this is some really good stuff. One caveat is buying something that works, i.e. good potency. If you shop price you'll see a huge difference but you get what you pay for in terms of effectiveness. I'd bet anybody with ADHD/ and or on the "spectrum" would benefit enough.

++ Cell energy metabolism & corpus callosum.

WontGiveUp
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2012, 8:34 pm

hey_there wrote:
I'm posting this poll to see if anyone has had any success with Milk Thistle or Bentonite Clay in relation to the improvement or even elimination of Aspergers symptoms. Also, Can these pills make you more empathetic?:chin: Because I read on this one forum online that a mom gave the Bentonite Clay capsules to her daughter and she started to have empathy, which she did not before!

So..... comment below if you have had any success with these supplements or any other supplements!

I don't believe those will give you the help you are looking for. Try the following:

Magnesium (most important! sensory issues experienced by ASD are because of magnesium deficiency)
P5P (active form of B6 - lots of people can't convert B6 to the active form)
Taurine
Zinc

Lots of people have issues with magnesium taken internally via tablets/capsules. Magnesium oil applied transdermally to soft skin areas works wonders and bypasses the stomach and gut issues.

Lastly, look into digestive enzymes. Due to mineral deficiencies in ASD, digestive enzymes are lacking and undigested food sits in the intestines (which is why some ASD experience body odor). Start slow with the digestive enzymes the first few weeks - as undigested food gets "processed" with the digestive enzymes, it will release toxins and you will feel slightly ill (perfectly normal and passes quickly). Houston Enzymes are great!

Hope that helps!

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"
-Hippocrates